Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what questions would you now ask the dealer?

As you all know the MY18 have arrived and mine, in particular, is arriving next week or so......

How would you make sure that he proper prepping of you new Giulia was accomplished successfully before taking delivery?

Are there any specific issues or questions or procedures that you feel the dealer should be made aware of "just to be safe"?

All I want is to drive off the dealership knowing that they followed all the AR "delivery standard procedures", that is not too much to ask of them....... is it?

After that, its common knowledge that the break in procedures are owner "subjective".......>:)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Seems that one of the most common misses by some dealerships has been tire pressure. Not getting the tire pressure reduced from the 50-60 psi the cars are shipped with to the correct psi for the tires.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yes I'm thinking, tire pressures, do not wash it to avoid swirls, then also to save the shipping cover so I can possibly reuse the nose to drive the car from Norwood to Winthrop where my detail guy has his shop. I will also ask about the headlight washers to confirm they have the new brackets.

Reactions: BostonDMD

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I'm thinking, tire pressures, do not wash it to avoid swirls, then also to save the shipping cover so I can possibly reuse the nose to drive the car from Norwood to Winthrop where my detail guy has his shop. I will also ask about the headlight washers to confirm they have the new brackets.
I wonder what velocity the full wrap (shipping covering) is able to withstand. At least 55MPH?
It would be great if the detail/wrap shop could handle the unwrapping.....

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Well that's an idea. I plan on taking state routes probably about 45mph. It's a short trip an not really worth a trailer on top of the wrap and tint costs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1. Ensure tire pressures are correct.
2. All software updates and any TSBs are completed.
3. Do not install the front license plate holder (should be your option).
4. In my case, check the alignment, my rear settings were way off and you could even eyeball the differences in camber. I think the car was not strapped properly during final delivery to the dealer.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Definitely ensuring all software updates and TSB's have been applied.

I special ordered my vehicle so it came with all the latest, but feel sorry for those folks going back and forth with the dealer on issues that have been solved.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Great Replies by All

So to formulate a list because Dottore might forget:p
1: Check Tire Pressures
2: WITH LIST IN HAND, make sure all TSB, RRTs and Infotainment updates are up to date.
3: headlight washer assembly brackets have been addressed with the new ones
4: Glovebox fix & AMP water intrusion fix (though those are part of TSB's or RRTs I'm thinking"

I leave anything out???

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So to formulate a list because Dottore might forget:p
1: Check Tire Pressures
2: WITH LIST IN HAND, make sure all TSB, RRTs and Infotainment updates are up to date.
3: headlight washer assembly brackets have been addressed with the new ones
4: Glovebox fix & AMP water intrusion fix (though those are part of TSB's or RRTs I'm thinking"

I leave anything out???
Thanks Professore, the above list is perfect for my needs.....
you know I'm not getting any younger!:laugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts