Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Prices have skyrocketed for used cars. I wouldn’t buy anything for 6 months. That car was most likely $50k before inflated prices hit
This is unfortunately true (I work in "the business") I've been feeling the pains of the struggle personally. I'm searching for a fair priced QV, bc I have an aggressive private offer for my Q2 from a director at my job but theres no sense in selling my car if I can't buy something!

·
Registered
2018 Giulia QV
51 Posts
Prices have skyrocketed for used cars. I wouldn’t buy anything for 6 months. That car was most likely $50k before inflated prices hit
I wouldn't say $50k. That car has 13k miles, tri-coat white and CCB's. Looks like it gets some kind of extended warranty. I bought my 2018 7 months ago with less miles (2.7k) but no CCB for $55k private party. It was a decent price at the time and before prices shot up on a lot of vehicles. $60k doesn't look too out of line. But yeah it might be better to wait. Time will tell.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia QV
51 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
788 Posts
It would seem. But for some reason it has been on the market for 166 days with a priced drop of $9k. Wonder if there is something going on there. Maybe a less than clean car fax?
That's a buy-back. Van Horn is known for selling buy-backs and the BB at the end of the stock number indicates this. Hence the long time on the market....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yup, I work in the business and I am literally offering people more on trade than they paid for vehicles they purchased from me 2 years earlier. It's nuts. If you're trading it's a net wash, but anyone just buying a used car outright is going to hate life come trade in time a couple years down the road.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oh yikes! Are brand new Quads selling for above MSRP again, like they were back in 2017?

Personally, can't see the reason in paying these prices for used QV's, if the price is within 10-15k with sticker of a brand new car. Add an additional $3,000 - $5,000 for an extended MOPAR warranty on a used QV, and the value proposition for used cars diminish even more.

Got my model year 18 for $57k, back when new QV's were being discounted $20k - $25k off sticker back around middle of 2019. Growing increasingly tempted to do a trade-in for a newer model year

·
Registered
198 Posts
... $60k doesn't look too out of line. But yeah it might be better to wait. Time will tell.
Yup, I ran it through Edmund's (which historically has provided more accurate/realistic values for me) thinking there's no way a 4 year old car is going to be $61k dealer retail. Well, it came out to....$61k. Crazy, crazy times we are living in.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Crazy times indeed. I've been thinking about selling my QV over the last few months (2018, 13k miles, black w/ CCB). I don't really need a car these days (both the wifey and I work from home, so her car would do) and it definitely feels like now or never to not lose money on this car. The only issue is, it gets me stuck until prices become reasonable again, and it's hard to imagine what would be available then. Plus, there isn't any other car that gets me really excited in life. @cxh_guerbear feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Crazy times indeed. I've been thinking about selling my QV over the last few months (2018, 13k miles, black w/ CCB). I don't really need a car these days (both the wifey and I work from home, so her car would do) and it definitely feels like now or never to not lose money on this car. The only issue is, it gets me stuck until prices become reasonable again, and it's hard to imagine what would be available then. Plus, there isn't any other car that gets me really excited in life. @cxh_guerbear feel free to PM me.
While we are all tempted by high used car prices I just want to give everyone a heads up that these material shortages have really no end in sight that I can see. I build data centers for most likely the largest collector of data in the world and if they cannot get stuff I for sure understand why nobody else can. Their pockets are nearly endless and it is not even a money issue. The plant that makes PVC pipe for industrial PVC piping literally ran out of resin that they need to make the pipe with. Means that we have the ling straight shots but no couplings or 90s etc. That is to just name one thing. EVERYTHING is behind. We have a building right now that has not even started the structure started yet and we cannot get the master switch gears a year from now due to micro chips.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts