Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Ti Sport for 6 months (2,500 miles) now and I honestly wish I hadn't leased it. Though I am glad I don't own it and can turn it in after the remaining 18 months. But that seems like a very long time to have to live with a car that just isn’t very fun to drive.

I have no one to blame but myself as I broke 2 of my own “never do” car buying rules.

1. Never buy a first year model car: I thought about this for a long time before pulling the trigger and made a decision based on a lot of research. I read these forums and just about every review and nothing jumped out at me as a deal breaker. I also got a pretty good lease deal and that helped seal it for me. I knew about the issues but thought the dealer would take care of them – I was wrong.

2. You can never go back: Alfa is one of the most famous names in motorsports and something I have always dreamed about owning but this car is not an Alfa, it is an FCA car and I should have realized that before buying it.

I have given it a fair try but it just has too many issues to live with and I have a constant worry that the car is going to leave me stranded somewhere.

The few things it does well:

1. It looks beautiful and I give the design team kudos for creating such a work of art.

2. Steering - It took some getting used to the tight rack but it really is very good and provides a reasonable amount of feedback for an electric rack.

3. Suspension - I think this the only real magic in this car. They have done a wonderful job of creating a comfortable ride that stiffens very well in the corners. Not sure I have ever like another cars suspension as much.

What I can't live with anymore:

1. The F-ing Brakes: This car has the worst brakes of any car I have ever driven hands down. There is no progression in the pedal, no feeling or feedback in the pedal and it is impossible to come to even a remotely smooth stop. There is no way to actually judge when the car is going to stop and I genuinely consider the brakes a safety hazard.

2. The Throttle: The best way to describe the throttle is, unpredictable. I never know what I am going to get when pushing the pedal. Sometimes it is immediate and seems smooth but most of the time I get an incredible amount of lag and just sit there waiting for the car to go. I have nearly caused 2 separate accidents and learned that you must never, ever, decelerate quickly and try to get back on the gas quickly as the car will just sit there, leaving you in harm’s way. This issue goes way beyond turbo lag and there is definitely something wrong with the throttle mapping. Then there’s the odd triple kick when pushing the gas while cruising. I get three rapid fire kicks or punches that can be felt throughout the car when pushing the gas at speed after being off the gas for a sec. I thought it was the transmission kicking down gears but it is so hard and happens at such odd times that I am not sure anymore.

3. The Engine: I have very mixed feelings about the engine. It is very quick and Alfa deserve credit for making it so quick but the idle is incredibly lumpy and all the power comes on at low RPMs making it pretty boring. I have not driven a car before that begins to lose power at 5k yet is still very fast. The engine also smells terrible. Do you know how I know? The AC vents engine smells into the cabin so I get choked out about every 20 minutes while running the AC. That is not fun in Texas heat.

4. FCA and the Dealers: A month and a half into my experience the car went into limp mode. From all that I read I expected this and was luckily able to get home. What I found out about FCA afterword shocked me and ensured I would never buy another FCA product. I was sold a car that had known open issues by the dealer. I intentionally asked at the time of purchase if the car had received all open fixes and was told yes. However, when I received the car back from the dealer once it was fixed I looked at the list of fixes and of the 9 that were done, most had been open well before I got the car. On top of this I have issues with the some get the radio fix and some don’t stance from FCA. I didn’t and I still don’t understand why. Why FCA would knowingly let a car leave the dealer with known issues is beyond me and just plain bad business.

5. The Electronics: The car has the most basic Start/Stop I have ever seen and it is completely useless. My other cars with this feature are much, much better. The navigation seems like something from 10 years ago and has absolutely no intelligence at all. The HK stereo sounds horrible, no matter what settings I try, it forgets its presets all the time and the speakers rattle when the bass gets going. I have never been able to get the oil gauge to provide a reading and just get a grey bar no matter how long it sits in lumpy idle. Remote start almost never works. The parking sensors are just plain goofy and only work about half the time and when they do they give no real indication as to how close you are to the obstacle.

I really wanted to love this car and have been making excuses for the cars lacking to try and make myself feel better about it but I have to stop and be honest now. It just is not a very good car and is not fun to drive and FCA is not going to fix it.

·
Registered
27 Posts

2. The Throttle: The best way to describe the throttle is, unpredictable. I never know what I am going to get when pushing the pedal. Sometimes it is immediate and seems smooth but most of the time I get an incredible amount of lag and just sit there waiting for the car to go. I have nearly caused 2 separate accidents and learned that you must never, ever, decelerate quickly and try to get back on the gas quickly as the car will just sit there, leaving you in harm’s way. This issue goes way beyond turbo lag and there is definitely something wrong with the throttle mapping. Then there’s the odd triple kick when pushing the gas while cruising. I get three rapid fire kicks or punches that can be felt throughout the car when pushing the gas at speed after being off the gas for a sec. I thought it was the transmission kicking down gears but it is so hard and happens at such odd times that I am not sure anymore.
Yes! when decelerating quickly and trying to get back on the gas, the car just lets you sit there like an idiot while oncoming cars are heading towards you. I've been complaining about this since i got the car. Apparently there is a pedal to solve this issue, but why should i have to spend 300$ to get the car to respond normally to my throttle inputs?? FCA should release some sort of update or recall to make the throttle more sensitive/reactive.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,474 Posts

Yes! when decelerating quickly and trying to get back on the gas, the car just lets you sit there like an idiot while oncoming cars are heading towards you. I've been complaining about this since i got the car. Apparently there is a pedal to solve this issue, but why should i have to spend 300$ to get the car to respond normally to my throttle inputs?? FCA should release some sort of update or recall to make the throttle more sensitive/reactive.
While I can't help but think this characteristic is linked to emission control or fuel economy, it is also something virtually every other manufacturer has solved. And I agree cars should not be shipped with multiple problems for dealers (or port personnel) to fix. I don't believe FCA does that with its North American made cars and trucks. That ocean between here and Europe shouldn't make that much of a difference.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
....What I can't live with anymore:

1. The F-ing Brakes: This car has the worst brakes of any car I have ever driven hands down. There is no progression in the pedal, no feeling or feedback in the pedal and it is impossible to come to even a remotely smooth stop. There is no way to actually judge when the car is going to stop and I genuinely consider the brakes a safety hazard.

3. The Engine: I have very mixed feelings about the engine. It is very quick and Alfa deserve credit for making it so quick but the idle is incredibly lumpy and all the power comes on at low RPMs making it pretty boring. I have not driven a car before that begins to lose power at 5k yet is still very fast. The engine also smells terrible. Do you know how I know? The AC vents engine smells into the cabin so I get choked out about every 20 minutes while running the AC. That is not fun in Texas heat.

4. FCA and the Dealers: A month and a half into my experience the car went into limp mode. From all that I read I expected this and was luckily able to get home. What I found out about FCA afterword shocked me and ensured I would never buy another FCA product. I was sold a car that had known open issues by the dealer. I intentionally asked at the time of purchase if the car had received all open fixes and was told yes. However, when I received the car back from the dealer once it was fixed I looked at the list of fixes and of the 9 that were done, most had been open well before I got the car. On top of this I have issues with the some get the radio fix and some don’t stance from FCA. I didn’t and I still don’t understand why. Why FCA would knowingly let a car leave the dealer with known issues is beyond me and just plain bad business.

5. The Electronics: The car has the most basic Start/Stop I have ever seen and it is completely useless. My other cars with this feature are much, much better. The navigation seems like something from 10 years ago and has absolutely no intelligence at all. The HK stereo sounds horrible, no matter what settings I try, it forgets its presets all the time and the speakers rattle when the bass gets going. I have never been able to get the oil gauge to provide a reading and just get a grey bar no matter how long it sits in lumpy idle. Remote start almost never works. The parking sensors are just plain goofy and only work about half the time and when they do they give no real indication as to how close you are to the obstacle.

I really wanted to love this car and have been making excuses for the cars lacking to try and make myself feel better about it but I have to stop and be honest now. It just is not a very good car and is not fun to drive and FCA is not going to fix it.
No. 1 the brakes. You most likely have the Forward Collision auto braking system. Go to settings in 'Safety', select Forward Collision. Choose Warning Only (not Warning and Braking). Set distance sensitivity to medium. That should fix the braking inconsistency. I've sent this into the engineering team. It's only supposed to brake IF you aren't on the brakes and it detects an impending collision. However, it seems the auto braking is applying brake assist anyways, even when you're already applying the brakes yourself. With the brake assist off, I'm able to slowly, gradually brake without the excessive sudden brake grab.

No. 2 the throttle. I've noticed lag too, especially when I try to make a sudden move into or out of traffic. There's a 1-2 second lag before the car goes, which as you point out, can be dangerous. I'm compensating by putting it into D mode before I need to make a move like that, and I give myself more time so I don't put myself in a bad situation due to throttle lag. IMO this is the only serious issue with the car right now, and it's something they can absolutely fix by changing the acceleration map. I've been able to minimize the lag by doing two things. Getting and installing the Eurocompulsion V2 intake made a noticeable difference in reducing that lag. It's still there, but not as bad. I also just recently installed lighter wheels with Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ tires on them, which made a surprising difference in not only acceleration, but smoothness. The shift lag has been dramatically reduced. This is in N mode too. I haven't had much time to test it with D mode, but it can only be better than it was. Unfortunately these 'fixes' with regards to throttle lag on the Alfa, are not something you should need to do; especially with a lease car. And they aren't actually fixes, they just minimize the issue. This is something Alfa absolutely needs to fix; the sooner the better.

(We just bought a new Honda CR-V to replace an older Mazda CX5, and the throttle response is stunning. It's so much better than the Alfa, it's shocking. It's almost too quick. It would be nice if manufacturers gave you a choice of settings, like Slow, Medium or Quick, so you could adjust the throttle response to suit your situation.)

The 'triple kick' actually is the transmission shifting. The shifts are abrupt and almost feel like the car is shuddering, like it has fuel-feed or misfire issues, but it's just the abruptness of the way the trans shifts when it's moving up or down several gears. When it first happened, I thought there was something wrong with my car. Now that I know what it is, I just ignore it. Eight gears is a lot of gears to row through, even for a computer controlled machine.

No. 3 the engine. As someone has already pointed out, there is a fix for the smell. As far as the performance, that's tied into the trans and how it's using the engine power. Again, the addition of the Eurocompulsion V2 intake system made a significant improvement in the engine response, but that may not be a desired solution on a lease car.

No. 4 the dealer. You need to make a direction connection to Alfa support, and find a better dealer if there's one reasonably close. There's no excuse for not doing all the software updates which Alfa themselves says a dealer is 'required' to check and do. If they're not doing that, they're in violation of their dealer agreement and Alfa needs to know. Dealers are often the bane of a good customer experience, and sometimes it's worth driving an extra hour or two just to work with a good dealer; especially the service department.

No. 5 the electronics. Disable the Start/Stop 'feature'. It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen on a car. It almost got me rear-ended at a light once when I first got the car, because of the time it took to start the car, and the acceleration lag that followed. The guy behind me hit the horn because he almost hit me. Whenever I start the car, I automatically reach over and turn the Start/Stop OFF. I don't use the Nav system so I can't comment on that. The HK system sounds okay, but I don't have it on much. I work in a very noisy environment, and when I get in my car, I just want some peace and quiet. It sounds like you probably need the software update for that too though. For all the other things you mentioned for No. 5, they do sound like you need software updates. The 'lumpy' idle is either software, or possibly your air filter needs replacing. Do you drive in a dusty environment? One of the things I noticed immediately after I installed the EC V2 system (no I don't work for them, nor do I get kickbacks lol) is how smooth the car idles and runs. It wasn't bad before, but now it's like silk.

I'm really sad that you're having such an unpleasant experience, because mine has been a pure joy to own and drive so far. I only have about 1,100 miles on it, but it's been great. The only issue I would consider serious, is the throttle map but that's something I know can be fixed. They have to be aware of it and working on it (I hope). They've been good about addressing the issues thus far, so I'm confident they'll keep making improvements.

Your driving experience shouldn't be that different from mine. Definitely look at getting all the latest software updates; that should make a worthwhile difference. Then go from there. Keep us updated on what happens.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No. 1 the brakes. You most likely have the Forward Collision auto braking system. Go to settings in 'Safety', select Forward Collision. Choose Warning Only (not Warning and Braking). Set distance sensitivity to medium. That should fix the braking inconsistency. I've sent this into the engineering team. It's only supposed to brake IF you aren't on the brakes and it detects an impending collision. However, it seems the auto braking is applying brake assist anyways, even when you're already applying the brakes yourself. With the brake assist off, I'm able to slowly, gradually brake without the excessive sudden brake grab.

No. 2 the throttle. I've noticed lag too, especially when I try to make a sudden move into or out of traffic. There's a 1-2 second lag before the car goes, which as you point out, can be dangerous. I'm compensating by putting it into D mode before I need to make a move like that, and I give myself more time so I don't put myself in a bad situation due to throttle lag. IMO this is the only serious issue with the car right now, and it's something they can absolutely fix by changing the acceleration map. I've been able to minimize the lag by doing two things. Getting and installing the Eurocompulsion V2 intake made a noticeable difference in reducing that lag. It's still there, but not as bad. I also just recently installed lighter wheels with Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ tires on them, which made a surprising difference in not only acceleration, but smoothness. The shift lag has been dramatically reduced. This is in N mode too. I haven't had much time to test it with D mode, but it can only be better than it was. Unfortunately these 'fixes' with regards to throttle lag on the Alfa, are not something you should need to do; especially with a lease car. And they aren't actually fixes, they just minimize the issue. This is something Alfa absolutely needs to fix; the sooner the better.

(We just bought a new Honda CR-V to replace an older Mazda CX5, and the throttle response is stunning. It's so much better than the Alfa, it's shocking. It's almost too quick. It would be nice if manufacturers gave you a choice of settings, like Slow, Medium or Quick, so you could adjust the throttle response to suit your situation.)

The 'triple kick' actually is the transmission shifting. The shifts are abrupt and almost feel like the car is shuddering, like it has fuel-feed or misfire issues, but it's just the abruptness of the way the trans shifts when it's moving up or down several gears. When it first happened, I thought there was something wrong with my car. Now that I know what it is, I just ignore it. Eight gears is a lot of gears to row through, even for a computer controlled machine.

No. 3 the engine. As someone has already pointed out, there is a fix for the smell. As far as the performance, that's tied into the trans and how it's using the engine power. Again, the addition of the Eurocompulsion V2 intake system made a significant improvement in the engine response, but that may not be a desired solution on a lease car.

No. 4 the dealer. You need to make a direction connection to Alfa support, and find a better dealer if there's one reasonably close. There's no excuse for not doing all the software updates which Alfa themselves says a dealer is 'required' to check and do. If they're not doing that, they're in violation of their dealer agreement and Alfa needs to know. Dealers are often the bane of a good customer experience, and sometimes it's worth driving an extra hour or two just to work with a good dealer; especially the service department.

No. 5 the electronics. Disable the Start/Stop 'feature'. It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen on a car. It almost got me rear-ended at a light once when I first got the car, because of the time it took to start the car, and the acceleration lag that followed. The guy behind me hit the horn because he almost hit me. Whenever I start the car, I automatically reach over and turn the Start/Stop OFF. I don't use the Nav system so I can't comment on that. The HK system sounds okay, but I don't have it on much. I work in a very noisy environment, and when I get in my car, I just want some peace and quiet. It sounds like you probably need the software update for that too though. For all the other things you mentioned for No. 5, they do sound like you need software updates. The 'lumpy' idle is either software, or possibly your air filter needs replacing. Do you drive in a dusty environment? One of the things I noticed immediately after I installed the EC V2 system (no I don't work for them, nor do I get kickbacks lol) is how smooth the car idles and runs. It wasn't bad before, but now it's like silk.

I'm really sad that you're having such an unpleasant experience, because mine has been a pure joy to own and drive so far. I only have about 1,100 miles on it, but it's been great. The only issue I would consider serious, is the throttle map but that's something I know can be fixed. They have to be aware of it and working on it (I hope). They've been good about addressing the issues thus far, so I'm confident they'll keep making improvements.

Your driving experience shouldn't be that different from mine. Definitely look at getting all the latest software updates; that should make a worthwhile difference. Then go from there. Keep us updated on what happens.
No. 1 I have seen the posts about the collision auto braking but my car does not have the system. I feel that it is just a very poorly implemented brake by wire system. I am honestly surprised that more people are not concerned about the brakes. I have not really read much from others on these forums and cannot understand why. Yes the car will eventually stop and does ok in emergency braking situations but it is very hard to judge when it will actually stop. I would be terrified to track this car.

No. 2 My other car is a 2016 MB GLC300, which has a very similar 2.0 turbo engine and has none of the issues the Giulia does. I don't feel that I should have to spend money on a leased car just to minimize a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

I think you are probably right about the transmission but it happens so often now that it has become a concern. Almost feels like the transmission is going tear itself apart, the force seems so great.

No. 3 Didn't know there was a fix for the smell yet. I had read a few posts but still seemed like a mystery to the dealers. I will take it in. I am actually ok with the performance of the car. As I said it is a very quick car. Because I come from NA Boxster/Cayman engines that scream past 7K pulling the entire time it is just an odd engine that is acoustically and high rpm challenged and to be honest a bit boring. I could live with that if that were the only thing.

No. 4 Only 2 dealer here in N Texas reasonably close to me and they are both about 45-60 minutes away so it isn't very easy to get to them. I purchased the car from one and the service updates were completed by the other. My issue is probably more with FCA and what appears to be cost savings methods of delivering cars without completely updating them. From what I can tell from talking to the dealers, the customer has to complain before they can fix anything even if there are known issues. This seems like bad business - let's waist the customer's time bringing in the car even though we know it needs to be fixed. Then there is the stereo update. As has been stated some get it and some don't with no real apparent reason.

No. 5 I really like the S/S function on my other cars but the Giulia's function is just terrible. Overall I find the electronics in the car to be very sub-par for the price point. My MB GLC is very similar in price but there is a night and day difference between the two from an electronics standpoint. Not even close.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
I am really sorry to hear about your experience....
I'm sure its sucks!....try swap a lease??.....what has me amazed about things is the vast spread of experiences here...
there are those who have had nightmare experiences either with the car or dealer or both....and then there are those who have had nothing but a great experience with whatever model Alfa they bought/leased.... crazy to say the least..
so what are you thinking of buying/leasing to replace???

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I am really sorry to hear about your experience....
I'm sure its sucks!....try swap a lease??.....what has me amazed about things is the vast spread of experiences here...
there are those who have had nightmare experiences either with the car or dealer or both....and then there are those who have had nothing but a great experience with whatever model Alfa they bought/leased.... crazy to say the least..
so what are you thinking of buying/leasing to replace???
Part of this conundrum is human nature.....satisfaction is in big part function of expectations...thats why some people are optimists and others total pessimists...some people expect that 40-50k car will be some magical thing when basically anything decent today costs that much including pickup trucks...people think they will be treated as royalty when purchasing a car in that price range while this is in reality mass produced entry level luxury and sporty car....maybe I should consider myself lucky but this car ticks all the boxes for me today and I had some very high performance and high price ticket cars in the past, everything works perfectly normally and the only trip to dealer was for oil change and SW updates in now 10k miles...brakes stop car better than my previous S4, car handles better than my previous V10 S6, suspension is better than XM....in general I dont fully understand why people come to forum to unconstructively bitch, I come here to learn How to fix problems....nagging has never done anything productive....if I was so unhappy with the car I would just get rid of it pronto and not explain the whole world what kind of piece of **** it supposedly is....

·
Registered
573 Posts
Part of this conundrum is human nature.....satisfaction is in big part function of expectations...thats why some people are optimists and others total pessimists...some people expect that 40-50k car will be some magical thing when basically anything decent today costs that much including pickup trucks...people think they will be treated as royalty when purchasing a car in that price range while this is in reality mass produced entry level luxury and sporty car....maybe I should consider myself lucky but this car ticks all the boxes for me today and I had some very high performance and high price ticket cars in the past, everything works perfectly normally and the only trip to dealer was for oil change and SW updates in now 10k miles...brakes stop car better than my previous S4, car handles better than my previous V10 S6, suspension is better than XM....in general I dont fully understand why people come to forum to unconstructively bitch, I come here to learn How to fix problems....nagging has never done anything productive....if I was so unhappy with the car I would just get rid of it pronto and not explain the whole world what kind of piece of **** it supposedly is....
Well said Lowflyer, well said.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
that my friend is the power of the web. people now have a forum (pardon the pun) to air their displeasure or pleasure and everything in between about a product, restaurant, travel exp. car etc.
I agree with you about expectations.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Life is too short to live with a car that you hate, get rid of it, buy whatever floats your boat, and Move on....... complaining about is not the answer.
Best wishes!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
And you can't take it with you. Get a Quad if you can in any way shape or form. Bologna sandwiches and dine out less. (perish the thought!) ;) Whatever works for you.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have had my Ti Sport for 6 months (2,500 miles) now and I honestly wish I hadn't leased it.
I am having a similar feeling, leased a base Giulia at first sight back in Feb, originally with intent to buy it off and keep it long term - certainly that is not the case now, i may even take the hit and end the lease early. Many of the issues are down to 1st year problems, but there are also some design issues, and poor dealer support/service on top of that. Still, for a performance 4 door it is good value, and most will be delighted, but for me, just falls short of what I like to own long term.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I think it's one of the best cars I've owned. Get the Corsa exhaust and the V2 intake and cure your throttle problems. I don't have an issue with braking or any of the other complaints you have.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
The Alfa is perfect for some, and just not right for others. It wasn't meant to be, best of luck with the next car

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
So...I'm driving home today and it's been a really bad day in the office....Had to tell a long time patient that the swelling on her palate (roof of the mouth) is Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma....Not a good thing...She will require resective (removal of her hard and part of her soft palate) surgery exposing her nasal cavity into her oral cavity....A prosthesis will close the surgical defect...But the drive home in my Giulia somehow created an escape....the tightness of the steering, the way the chasis feels so well balanced....just amazing to behold...and then I read Maxfactor complaining about the same car ? Well, in life there are "Bell Curves"....Extremes and rarities and everything in between...and occasionally, life smacks you in the face.......:crying:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
So...I'm driving home today and it's been a really bad day in the office....Had to tell a long time patient that the swelling on her palate (roof of the mouth) is Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma....Not a good thing...She will require resective (removal of her hard and part of her soft palate) surgery exposing her nasal cavity into her oral cavity....A prosthesis will close the surgical defect...But the drive home in my Giulia somehow created an escape....the tightness of the steering, the way the chasis feels so well balanced....just amazing to behold...and then I read Maxfactor complaining about the same car ? Well, in life there are "Bell Curves"....Extremes and rarities and everything in between...and occasionally, life smacks you in the face.......:crying:
Ouch, sorry to hear about your patient........

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have had my Ti Sport for 6 months (2,500 miles) now and I honestly wish I hadn't leased it. Though I am glad I don't own it and can turn it in after the remaining 18 months. But that seems like a very long time to have to live with a car that just isn’t very fun to drive.

I have no one to blame but myself as I broke 2 of my own “never do” car buying rules.

1. Never buy a first year model car: I thought about this for a long time before pulling the trigger and made a decision based on a lot of research. I read these forums and just about every review and nothing jumped out at me as a deal breaker. I also got a pretty good lease deal and that helped seal it for me. I knew about the issues but thought the dealer would take care of them – I was wrong.

2. You can never go back: Alfa is one of the most famous names in motorsports and something I have always dreamed about owning but this car is not an Alfa, it is an FCA car and I should have realized that before buying it.

I have given it a fair try but it just has too many issues to live with and I have a constant worry that the car is going to leave me stranded somewhere.

The few things it does well:

1. It looks beautiful and I give the design team kudos for creating such a work of art.

2. Steering - It took some getting used to the tight rack but it really is very good and provides a reasonable amount of feedback for an electric rack.

3. Suspension - I think this the only real magic in this car. They have done a wonderful job of creating a comfortable ride that stiffens very well in the corners. Not sure I have ever like another cars suspension as much.

I'm pretty sure there is no perfect car exist in this world.
Those issues should have been noticed during test drive, there was something other than that made you to lease this car and I'm pretty sure you have been sold on looks and drive.
Maybe it is better to ask Maserati dealer for upgrade on your lease so you dont have to torture yourself for 2 years.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I too told myself never to be so silly and buy a 1st production year car but now finding myself 2 for 2 simply as there was nothing better for me when I was looking for them. I was going to buy the Mrs a Model 3 Tesla but happy I didn't go that route looking at the production issues there. Thankfully I regret neither... however NEXT time I will buy a 1-3 year old :D Luck of the draw and opinion will always differ. Wish you all the best with your choices too!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts