Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went down to my son's college yesterday in my new Giulia to take him to dinner for his birthday. My first road trip in the car and it was a pleasure. Odd aside, I was telling my wife that 30 years ago I was in an Alfa Romeo driving around campus and here I am 30 years later doing the same...life is good.

ANY WAY, As I'm leaving town the sun is setting on the loveliest village on the plains and I pull up to a traffic light. A Toyota 4runner pulls up next to me and then edges forward so I can see him giving me a thumbs up and the "OK" sign. Then he rolls back a foot or two and motions for me to lower my window. I comply and the next thing he says caught me so flat-footed. He says, "I love your car...is that an Alpina?" I literally stumbled for a moment on my response and said, "No, it's actually an Alfa Romeo Giulia." He smiles and says, "Well whatever that car is it's beautiful."
Alpina....odd :)

Just had to share.

J.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
So I went down to my son's college yesterday in my new Giulia to take him to dinner for his birthday. My first road trip in the car and it was a pleasure. Odd aside, I was telling my wife that 30 years ago I was in an Alfa Romeo driving around campus and here I am 30 years later doing the same...life is good.

ANY WAY, As I'm leaving town the sun is setting on the loveliest village on the plains and I pull up to a traffic light. A Toyota 4runner pulls up next to me and then edges forward so I can see him giving me a thumbs up and the "OK" sign. Then he rolls back a foot or two and motions for me to lower my window. I comply and the next thing he says caught me so flat-footed. He says, "I love your car...is that an Alpina?" I literally stumbled for a moment on my response and said, "No, it's actually an Alfa Romeo Giulia." He smiles and says, "Well whatever that car is it's beautiful."

Just had to share.

J.
did you put garish electric green stripes on the side of your car????>:)

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,441 Posts
My car drew next-to-no attention at my son's college (situated in a lovely valley).

Is your son done for the year already? Mine has two weeks to go.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I had the windows down at the weekend and heard some guy outside a pub shout "ooo that's the New Alfa Giulia!" was impressed he knew :)

Also had some guy in a pick up truck snapping photos with one hand on the wheel and the other holding his camera backwards

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My boy has finals through the 10th of May and then he's done.

By the way, I have seen several people taking pics of the rear of the car at lights and no graphics....yet :grin2:

·
Registered
206 Posts

Just had to share.

J.
You should have said "no, it's a Patek Philippe."

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,441 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow it's great to see another Bamian here. There's no dealers anywhere around Mobile so I have ot seen ay Alfas here at all. I have been asked many questions about mine usually by younger folk.

·
Registered
93 Posts
War Eagle!

My daughter goes there too. I'm not surprised it wasn't recognized there, but I still love the town.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
War Eagle!

My daughter goes there too. I'm not surprised it wasn't recognized there, but I still love the town.
WAR EAGLE...I was there in the mid 80's as a student in a 1978 Alfa Romeo Spider...weird going down there 35 years later in a new Alfa Romeo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts