Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,769 Posts
I know that this forum is focused on US users.. but why!?
So, that's mine Giulia 2.2 Diesel (due to higher prices of gasoline on Europe) Q2 180cv Super on Blue Montecarlo.
It's a 2016, made on late 2015.. that's one of first pieces out of the line.
In love with his line and his handling. Not as yours QV, but.. enough for my pleasure :)
(here we are on Tuscany hills near my house)
It is an English language forum, although I do not think there are rules to restrict the conversation to English. Members of all nationalities are welcome to participate.

Diesel fuel is currently very expensive in California. Here is the current price in Bridgeport California, one of the most expensive places to buy fuel in the "lower 48" and where I drive my Giulia.

Product Azure Rectangle Font Material property

That works out to 2.13 EUR/liter (edited, used British silly gallon size by accident first try).
Bridgeport is a popular tourist town (Sunday afternoon the town of 500 probably had more visitors than residents) offering scenery, many kinds of outdoor activities, unique geology and gold rush history. Visitors pay those fuel prices, locals plan ahead and drive to Nevada. Gasoline is somewhat less expensive.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,769 Posts
Here 2,13€/l is a good price after Ukrainan war started
But a few years ago there was a factor of 2-3 difference between European and California fuel cost. Although some say production expenses have increased, the oil companies posting large increases in quarterly profits says otherwise. I suspect that the situation is different in Italy.

·
Registered
Giulia 2.2D 180cv Q2 Super 2016
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
But a few years ago there was a factor of 2-3 difference between European and California fuel cost. Although some say production expenses have increased, the oil companies posting large increases in quarterly profits says otherwise. I suspect that the situation is different in Italy.
Higher raw material price and taxation

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,899 Posts
I’m happy to have International participation. Not sure how everyone found this forum or how inviting it appears to non-English speakers. Facebook groups seem to attract broader membership.

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
Pirelli P Zero AR Pirelli Sottozero 3
1,973 Posts
There are other Alfa forums which are more European focused. The main issues would be a lack of Diesel conversations and less likely to create a local Italian community for meets/events.

·
Registered
Giulia 2.2D 180cv Q2 Super 2016
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
There are other Alfa forums which are more European focused. The main issues would be a lack of Diesel conversations and less likely to create a local Italian community for meets/events.
Don't warry.. I'll continue to read without interferences on US discussions

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,899 Posts
There is no reason for you to hesitate to participate.

·
Registered
giulia 2.0t rwd and 156 3.0v6
22 Posts
Hello neighbour, i am from Slovenia and have visited Italy many times, from alfa museo storico to Rimini, Lago di Garda, Padova, Mantova, Bologna, Savona and Sicilia 😍
Bella Italia, i love it and alfa romeo too :)

·
Registered
Pirelli P Zero AR Pirelli Sottozero 3
1,973 Posts
Sorry, that was not what I meant. I was listing reasons why you might not see other Italians on here. You are 100% welcome to stay and chat with us all. We discuss Alfa Romeo global decisions often.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts