Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia 2.2D 180cv Q2 Super 2016
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this forum is focused on US users.. but why!?
So, that's mine Giulia 2.2 Diesel (due to higher prices of gasoline on Europe) Q2 180cv Super on Blue Montecarlo.
It's a 2016, made on late 2015.. that's one of first pieces out of the line.
In love with his line and his handling. Not as yours QV, but.. enough for my pleasure :)
Car Wheel Sky Tire Vehicle

(here we are on Tuscany hills near my house)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Benvenuto!. If you have any plans for a small trip north, let me know. All my family is in Belluno, Veneto. Panini con qualche bicchiere di vino will be in order !!!!!
Oh, nice! I’m sure that I can always find a cup of wine on a Veneto’s table :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
But a few years ago there was a factor of 2-3 difference between European and California fuel cost. Although some say production expenses have increased, the oil companies posting large increases in quarterly profits says otherwise. I suspect that the situation is different in Italy.
Higher raw material price and taxation

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
There are other Alfa forums which are more European focused. The main issues would be a lack of Diesel conversations and less likely to create a local Italian community for meets/events.
Don't warry.. I'll continue to read without interferences on US discussions

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
How common are Giulias and Stelvios in Italy? Last I went was in 2015 before those cars hit the market. Was in France and Switzerland in 2019 and really didn't see any.

I felt like hatchback Peugeot Citroen VW Renault even Seat were a common sight. Didn't see nearly as many luxury cars like 3-series, Q5 etc. which are so common in the US.
Not so much Giulia really, the most spotted are Stelvio.
Compared to C class, bmw 3, and A4, Giulia have not an high diffusion. It’s still a “sport” focused car, with not so many space inside

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Yes, SUVs seem to be the main popular class of car from many years.
Mainly for his internal space, and immunity to the street holes 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Thanks everyone for all the tips. Never done this before so a little nervous about everything.
MDriver, here my itinerary; feel free to suggest any places I should go, places to eat, etc. can’t wait to go. Hoping I can find an Alfa museum or really any other brand like Ferrari or Lamborghini. Thanks again!
of course if anyone else has suggestions feel free to share. Sounds like tons of you have been to Italy.

July 5-6MilanRosa Grand Milano
July 7-8Cinque TerrePark Hotel Argento
July 9-11FlorenceDonati Luxery Towers
July 12-14TuscanyVilla Bordoni
July 15-16RomeHotel Meridien
July 17-19PositanoConca d'OroX
July 20-23ParisCourtyard Paris Gare de LyonX
wow, a full tour in 20 days
I add only some tips:
- in Florence i suggest to visit museums and churches in daytime (it's so hot), and enjoy the town at night
- Ristorante Cibreo Firenze dal 1979 - Chef Fabio Picchi is a very particular place to eat some traditional and untraditional food
- I don't know if you like wine, anyway this is a place to visit in Chianti Antinori nel Chianti Classico
- Siena and San Gimignano are must have in Chianti
- you can't leave tuscany without see Valdorcia on sunset: those are the most famous place:
- San Quirico d'Orcia cipressi - Google Search
- San Quirico d'Orcia cappella della madonna di vitaleta - Google Search
- if you like rare steak you can find the best here CUCINE

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
You are welcome.
On 9-14th July I have to work, so I can’t say “come for a dinner”, but feel free to ask if you have any needs, any suggestions, or any issue. I’m here.
If you agree I can send you my phone number for direct contact. My speaking is not the best, but with text+speaking we can find a way :)

I have no idea if your license is valid on Europe.. may be

1 - 20 of 20 Posts