Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and it started without a hitch! Seeing some other threads about owners leaving their cars for a week or two and coming back to dead batteries and such, I was a bit worried, but it was all for nothing! Just wanted to post something positive to offset the amount of issues people are posting here from time to time :)

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,799 Posts
That's good to hear. I've left mine (it hurts, I know) for two weeks or longer twice so far and have plans to do so twice more (yay, you'll all get a break from me!). No worries. And I agree with you, there really shouldn't be.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Welcome back. I am sure she was resting impatiently waiting for her next romp. I have one major problem with the QV. I think I have a fuel leak because she is either a petroholic and needs treatment or a leak. I plow through gas. OH MAYBE IT IS MY DRIVING! Every gallon worth it. Someday I will go a couple days without driving her like a race car but I am still not over the fun yet. Just another form of entertainment.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
+1
In last 18 months I left Giulia for two week period about 4 times and numerous times for about a week at the airport....starts like any other car should....we will probably hear less and less of these upleasant occurrences as Alfa gets rid of bad battery batches and sorts charging subsystem....F30 had very similar onslaught of battery related problems in the beggining and it almost disappeared later

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
That's good to hear. I've left mine (it hurts, I know) for two weeks or longer twice so far and have plans to do so twice more (yay, you'll all get a break from me!). No worries. And I agree with you, there really shouldn't be.
What are you going to a remote island somewhere where there is no internet. I could see me in the hospital right after surgery. Husband so good to see you, yeh you to, now where is my phone and ipad. One of my dogs would already be there because she is allowed in hospitals. Therapy. Oh that sounds bad. She is allowed in hospitals and not the QV. Eek

Who will keep me in line while you are away. My husband. Not a chance. He already busted me for my MPH post

·
Registered
7,799 Posts
I'm about to take a 17 day vacation to Europe (Greece) but I made sure my brother-in-law will start the car once or twice a week.
Are you going to tell him you made a note of the odometer reading? :smile2:

Reactions: Endeavour

·
Registered
7,799 Posts
What are you going to a remote island somewhere where there is no internet. I could see me in the hospital right after surgery. Husband so good to see you, yeh you to, now where is my phone and ipad. One of my dogs would already be there because she is allowed in hospitals. Therapy. Oh that sounds bad. She is allowed in hospitals and not the QV. Eek

Who will keep me in line while you are away. My husband. Not a chance. He already busted me for my MPH post
Ah, so you're familiar with our travel habits. Yes, we do routinely go off-the-grid, most recently last December when we visited tributaries of the Amazon River in Peru (some sample pics below).

Even with internet access, why spend precious vacation time reading and posting on forums, even one as valuable and entertaining as this?

Attachments

Reactions: lost1750GTV

·
Registered
7,799 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Ah, so you're familiar with our travel habits. Yes, we do routinely go off-the-grid, most recently last December when we visited tributaries of the Amazon River in Peru (some sample pics below).

Even with internet access, why spend precious vacation time reading and posting on forums, even one as valuable and entertaining as this?
You are right. These are not on my bucket list. I stay clear of bugs and jungles. (Live in the desert) could not handle Chicago no less the Amazon. I am more of a Montana, Canada Alaska person. Looks like an experience. Husband wants to go back to China. I said I will watch the pups have a great time.

·
Registered
7,799 Posts
You are right. These are not on my bucket list. I stay clear of bugs and jungles. (Live in the desert) could not handle Chicago no less the Amazon. I am more of a Montana, Canada Alaska person. Looks like an experience. Husband wants to go back to China. I said I will watch the pups have a great time.
Aren't there scorpions in that there desert? :surprise: A friend keeps count of his annual kill.

We enjoy a mix of destinations. There's a lot of Canada to see and we have enjoyed regions of it far beyond the part south across the river from us. Alaska is great, and I can't wait to get back and see more of it. My brother is planning to drive there from New York in his off-road camper.

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
805 Posts
+1 +1

and it started without a hitch! Seeing some other threads about owners leaving their cars for a week or two and coming back to dead batteries and such, I was a bit worried, but it was all for nothing! Just wanted to post something positive to offset the amount of issues people are posting here from time to time :)
Since I got my car in April 2017, I have taken at least six one week business travel trips, a three week trip to Barcelona and two, or so, 10 day events. I too have experienced no issues whatever with the battery upon return. She started like a champ every single time.

I agree that my experience seems to be that of someone with a solid battery in addition to a nearly flawless car. Seems likely the bad batteries are possibly just that — bad batteries — not an international coverup of engineering atrocities. Sorry Jalopanoids.

Happily,

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Aren't there scorpions in that there desert? :surprise: A friend keeps count of his annual kill.

We enjoy a mix of destinations. There's a lot of Canada to see and we have enjoyed regions of it far beyond the part south across the river from us. Alaska is great, and I can't wait to get back and see more of it. My brother is planning to drive there from New York in his off-road camper.

With dogs we camp (my concept of camping) or sure honey I will camp with all the luxuries of home. He shakes his head, my packing and groceries you would think we were going for a month instead of 4 days. We can’t get signal where we camp (we do get directv though) so no internet.

Scorpions. That is my entertainment. I hunt them down and they are tough kills. It is an art form and takes skill. My neighbors call me over when they find one. My husband says I am a hypocrite because I don’t like hunting and he says do you not see what you are doing to those things. Welll I have to protect my dogs. I will take scorpions over rats and roaches though. I kill anywhere from 30-40 a year. Only one or two in the house and they are on their way out anyway because they shouldn’t be out during the day so they are usually dying. Check my count against your brother in laws. They are very tough to kill they move fast and you have to hit them hard with a very flat surface because you only get one shot. >:)>:)

I just got pictures back from a friend that went fishing and the pictures were stunning. We were planning on taking the Alaskan highway in the RV but my husband and I are both working and by the time we retire our RV probably won’t make the trek add in the dogs and it is boarding them and flying there. The railway is a cool execursion. We also have the Northern Lights in the upper Yukon is suppose to be a great trip as well. Can’t wait for retirement on all the trips. We have to take separate trips because we don’t trust anyone with our dogs. Neighbor lost one because of a house sitter so we would rather kennel board then risk it so we decided we would take them or travel separately. (I think he just likes guy vacations)

·
Registered
7,799 Posts
Not to one-up you, but here's my (dirty) Giulia starting after being abandoned for two weeks. No hesitation, smoke, or sputter. Of course there's that darn proximity tone.

Killing two birds with a single stone, the video also conveys the delay between pressing the remote start button and the blessed event.

https://youtu.be/mAx0BP2GnNg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts