Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a big fan of Alfa, I really, really want a Giulia.
However, I am about to sign a lease on a Maserati S Q4.
I am a leasers, and at the moment this SQ4 actually costs less than a Ti.

The Alfa has more soul, drives more like my ATS, and seems to just be a better car.
However, we are talking about an 85K car that leases better than an 48k car.

I think I need to take the deal, and make the Alfa my target for 2020.

I really prefer the Alfa, but the lease deals make no sense.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I admit it is the worst 85k car on the road today. At 48k, I think the reviews would be decidedly different.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oh don't get me wrong for the price it would be worth it and I see why you would be interested in leasing one, but after driving both I would rather drive the TI as a daily driver for 4 years. I am bias though!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I am a big fan of Alfa, I really, really want a Giulia.
However, I am about to sign a lease on a Maserati S Q4.
I am a leasers, and at the moment this SQ4 actually costs less than a Ti.

The Alfa has more soul, drives more like my ATS, and seems to just be a better car.
However, we are talking about an 85K car that leases better than an 48k car.

I think I need to take the deal, and make the Alfa my target for 2020.

I really prefer the Alfa, but the lease deals make no sense.
I really think you've answered your own question.

Not having driven the Masser, I can't speak from experience... but... we really really like our new Giuliia Ti.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Which Model Maserati

I'm assuming you're referring to a Ghibli S Q4....The current version is a fine car...2017 received many desperately needed updates and upgrades....It is not however the driver that my Quad is....The Maser is a highway cruiser....it is and feels large and heavy...the Quad feels light and athletic....Big difference between these two cars....

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm assuming you're referring to a Ghibli S Q4....The current version is a fine car...2017 received many desperately needed updates and upgrades....It is not however the driver that my Quad is....The Maser is a highway cruiser....it is and feels large and heavy...the Quad feels light and athletic....Big difference between these two cars....
Exactly. We were originally looking at the Ghibli and I told my wife to look at the Giulia Quadrifoglio. After test driving them both, there was no contest. Alfa all the way. But that is because it fits our style of driving. We don't need an Italian luxury car. Preference is an Italian sports car which happens to have 4 doors.

Reactions: Racer Z

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes. I signed the lease ($0 down, $710 month, plus the dealer paid the last three months of my ATS lease). It is the 2017 Ghibli SQ4 with the 404hp engine and the all wheel drive. I was kinda ambivalent about the car until I found the Sport Mode button. What a difference! What a hoot! That exhaust sound will scare small children and old women, and it does something completely different to the young women ;-) Plus, you are right, the 2017 has some really nice improvements on the inside. The new infotainment system is fantastic. It has a touch screen and a jog dial, plus it has CarPlay for my iPhone. I am very happy with my decision.

However, I am sad that I will not be getting a Giulia for a while. As I drove off the lot, I turned on the XM Radio which was on the Beatles Channel, and of course the first song I hear on my Maserati was the Beatles' "Julia". This car is clearly inferior to your Quad as a driver's car, but Quads are not leasing (and certainly not leasing like this Ghibli SQ4) and the guys at Anaheim Hills were bragging about having sold their last allotted Quad for $10,000 over MSRP. However, I was not cross-shopping this Maserati with a Quad (which is currently out of my league) but with a Ti. They had several Ti's on the lot at Anaheim Hills. There was a very handsome Vulcano Black Lusso with Crema interior. But again, they are not really leasing them. Most are straight purchasing, because the lease deals are not very attractive. All in all, I feel confident that I will prefer this Ghibli SQ4 to a Ti, even with all the bells and whistles added. Now, I have the Maserati checked off my bucket list, and I can move on. My thinking is that by 2020, the lease deals on the Quads will be more affordable. My next car will be an Alfa!

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,758 Posts
Sharp-looking car. Enjoy!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Absolutely beautiful car! I think your reasoning is sound (aside from the fact that we are fortunate enough to be spending more/month on a toy than I did on my first house!). Alfas have certainly brought a great product to market and I have always been set on getting one when they started importing them again (even if they were reviewed as so-so at best); however, I would think I had died and gone to heaven if that Maserati showed up in my driveway!! Just gorgeous. Enjoy having kids drive by on the freeway with their camera-phones pointed at you!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Awesome car.

As an owner of a Ghibli SQ4, I can tell you they are good vehicles. Not great, but good - whoever tells you they are terrible doesn't know what they are talking about. I've owned all manner of high end performance sedans, as well as Ferrari and Alfas.

The Base Ghiblis are not good, the 2016-present SQ4s are good cars and reliability issues have all been sorted out.
Of course, the Ghibli Ti is still cheaper on a lease, but the Maserati is a good alternative for a couple hundred more.

I'm shooting for a Giulia Ti but if it doesn't lease well by October I may go Mercedes.

Enjoy your Maserati in good health and ALWAYS run in sport mode! ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.