Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So had a driver that was not paying attention and quickly drifted out of the lane and I wound up grinding the rims against the curb. If I would have hit the brakes the car behind me would have been in my bumper Can not tell you how upset I am right now. Car has 700 miles on it!!! Hopefully I can find a place to repair them.

Cheers
TK

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't know the extent of your damage, but I had the same wheels fixed for curb rash damage just this morning by http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/. They show a few locations in CA, maybe one is within reasonable driving distance to you. Second time I used them, happy with the result. Will try to remember to post some before/after pics later.

Sorry about your experience, retarded drivers are in the majority, unfortunately.

Thx, S

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Distracted 19 girl totaled my 1994 Ferrari 348 spider. Award winner, major service engine out done a couple years before. @$!#/^&! >(

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,635 Posts
Where is the dashcam video with legible license plate numbers?

I'm not sure you can do much with it other than post it on "a-holedrivers.com", but at least that might lower your blood pressure a bit.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep my phone goes in the center console. I wish I would have had a ash cam as that would have given me the plate number, not that I could do anything with it. I was to focused on trying not to hit anything other than the curb

Cheers
TK

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I think one of the Staties asked if I used my horn. I didn't but I do now, a whole lot more. Threat it like a guns button. Almost got creamed by a minivan in the Miata down in Westwood on Claybrook road. Beautiful twisty road that follows the Charles tributaries. Lots of trees close on both sides and houses with larger lots. Narrow. I hit the brakes and pulled onto the shoulder into pin needles. Slide to a stop less than 3 feet from a tree. Jerk swerved back into his lane after looking up. Not sure I honked. That was BEFORE the kid hit me in the 348. AND before I replaced the front frame rails in the Miata. If he hit me, it may have killed me, and I wouldn't be posting here today. Don't text or toke and drive. You @#$%^*&s!

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,776 Posts
Can't assign blame to anyone but myself for the small wheel scuff suffered on Sunday, but do wish the tailgating/high-beam shining yahoo in the pickup last night would have the courtesy to do the rest of the world a favor and distract himself into a ditch. There, I feel much better now.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
300 is not bad for 2 wheels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.