Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,734 Posts
what's with the M badge on the culo of the QV??...:grin2:
you know how the Red Baron used to have stickers on the side of his plane that denoted all his kills, in the form of their original flags ? its a kill sticker

meet the Competizione Red Baron :)

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you know how the Red Baron used to have stickers on the side of his plane that denoted all his kills, in the form of their original flags ? its a kill sticker

meet the Competizione Red Baron :)
ahh I see Congratulations...
but then as an Italian you'd be Francesco Baracca....google him...and notice what his "symbol" was on the fuselage of his plane...
look familier???:grin2:

enjoy the QV and Buona Caccia

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
ahh I see Congratulations...
but then as an Italian you'd be Francesco Baracca....google him...and notice what his "symbol" was on the fuselage of his plane...
look familier???:grin2:

enjoy the QV and Buona Caccia
ah yes the Stuttgart kill symbol that went on to inspire Enzo LoL

no Qf here, just a 200hp with a Veloce pack

but i will enjoy my 320i/A4/c200 kills :)

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
i meant the Texas guy in the OP is the Red Baron, sorry cant edit after 10 minutes, mines Nero :)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
He is proud to be Italian!
Can we blame him?��

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He is proud to be Italian!
Can we blame him?��
not at all...as the saying goes... you have Italians and then everyone else who wishes they were Italian:grin2:
I like the Tri-Color on the front lip....and I get the Quadrofoglio on the hood...a throw back/nod to the Giulia Sedans that raced...but he lost me at the side-view mirrors and the rear CF spoiler...just my taste is all

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
not at all...as the saying goes... you have Italians and then everyone else who wishes they were Italian:grin2:
I like the Tri-Color on the front lip....and I get the Quadrofoglio on the hood...a throw back/nod to the Giulia Sedans that raced...but he lost me at the side-view mirrors and the rear CF spoiler...just my taste is all
Agree 100% with you.....
Forza Italia! :)

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
You speak well. Good job there!

Reactions: jkoval

·
Registered
418 Posts
You speak well. Good job there!
Thank you. Was a bit choppier than usual because I was insanely busy and LA drops by and goes I need you for 5 min tops to explain the Quadrifoglio badge and I walk around the corner to see the car cameraed up and I hate cameras lol.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Cool, and the crazy Italian was a Barbarossa after my own heart. My late wife was a petite Testarossa ;)

And from museobaracca.it:

"When Enzo Ferrari, driving an Alfa Romeo RL-Targa Florio with Giulio Ramponi, won the first Savio Circuit in Ravenna on 16th June 1923, he came across Count Enrico Baracca, Francesco’s father, whom he had already met in Bologna some time before. That second encounter, as Ferrari himself wrote on 3rd July 1985 to Lugo historian Giovanni Manzoni, gave rise to yet another meeting, this time with Francesco’s mother, Countess Paolina Biancoli. “This is what she said to me one day:” – wrote the Maranello car manufacturer: “Ferrari, use my son’s prancing horse on your cars. It will bring you good luck. ” (…) “I still have Baracca’s photograph, with his parents’ dedication entrusting his emblem to me. ” – concluded Ferrari – “The horse was and has remained black, but I added the canary yellow background, the colour of Modena ”.
According to authoritative testimonials, Enzo Ferrari’s choice was driven by a love of Giovanni Pascoli’s poem, “La cavallina storna”, and a great admiration for Francesco Baracca, which dated back to his adolescent years."

Baracca began his career in the cavalry and always loved horses. He served with the most prestigious unit in Savoia, the 2nd “Piemonte Reale” regiment, before moving to aircraft. This cavalino rampante was it's symbol. It's not a kill symbol but his chosen personal emblem, kind of like Richtoven's all red color. But to think of it as a Stuttgart kill is not far off either, if only for another horse town. Stuttgart was a horse trading and training center like Siena in Italy.

Reactions: DaneARFOM

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Thank you. Was a bit choppier than usual because I was insanely busy and LA drops by and goes I need you for 5 min tops to explain the Quadrifoglio badge and I walk around the corner to see the car cameraed up and I hate cameras lol.
Nice job explaining the alfa romeo quadrifoglio emblem......now when you said that Alfa changed it from a "four point to three point in honor of the test pilot", did you mean they changed the shape encompassing the quadrifoglio from a white square to a white triangle?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
yes his was a square that was angled on the hood of the car down the front fender the triangle represents the 3 drivers Ferrari, Ascari & Ugo...tribute to him...
Grazie Professore, ora ho capito tutto!:cool:

·
Registered
418 Posts
was this after you dyed your hair and worked for FIAT

spitting image of Nicolo LoL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX5oiNy_J-4
Haha I just watched this. I'd like to learn Italian next year, my goal this year is to get my race license. Side note our store was hit by hail yesterday. 4C's had zero damage and qv hood and roof had nothing, a couple dings on other panels. Other vehicles didn't do so well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts