Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I spoke with @AlfaRomeoCares and told them I was experiencing 2 bugs, my car play screen going black and my clock format resetting. I also said that the larger back up camera and easy entry seat options were safety issues IMO which further warranted an update.

After getting approval and getting the car back today, I went from version 053 to.... drum roll please.... 056 ☹

No larger backup camera. No easy entry option. I couldn't find any visual differences between 053 and 056, but at least the car play and clock issues seem to be fixed so it's not all negative.

I guess this means that I will never get those features. If a software update only gets me up to 056 when 081 exists, then I don't think I, nor many other owners, will ever have a chance.

It's a shame because I really think that the larger camera is a safety issue for those around you, and the easy they seat is a safety issue for those in the car.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Mine came with 056..... mhhhhhh....

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I spoke with @AlfaRomeoCares and told them I was experiencing 2 bugs, my car play screen going black and my clock format resetting. I also said that the larger back up camera and easy entry seat options were safety issues IMO which further warranted an update.

After getting approval and getting the car back today, I went from version 053 to.... drum roll please.... 056 ☹

No larger backup camera. No easy entry option. I couldn't find any visual differences between 053 and 056, but at least the car play and clock issues seem to be fixed so it's not all negative.

I guess this means that I will never get those features. If a software update only gets me up to 056 when 081 exists, then I don't think I, nor many other owners, will ever have a chance.

It's a shame because I really think that the larger camera is a safety issue for those around you, and the easy they seat is a safety issue for those in the car.
Without change of head unit you can not get past 56 on a 17’....I got 81 but only because they had to replace head unit with latest version, old one simply wouldn't take map updates after SW update....that said while larger camera pic is slightly better it is nothing to lose your sleep about, easy entry function doesnt work on me because I am sure other system components have to be upgraded and updated to make it work

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting. Guess it's the same for early MY18 :(

On a side note, I had a DYAC on the title of the thread and I was able to change it. On the old forum, you couldn't (or at least I never could figure out how); great feature!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Without change of head unit you can not get past 56 on a 17’...
Incorrect, the most current ‘17 software is MV/TV-002.009.059

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Let's try not to confuse things.

There are two different software lineages, one for the old ETM hardware (MY17) and one for the new one (MY18-19).

New software versions are not regularly made available to dealers/shops; it only happens occasionally, via service bulletin, to fix specific bugs encountered in the field. In such cases, service bulletins are released at different times in different regions (or they may just be released in specific regions, for region-specific bugs).

At this time, the latest firmware versions made available to dealers/shops are:

Old hardware
EMEA: 002.009.055
NAFTA: 002.009.059

New hardware
EMEA: 085.000.046
NAFTA: 056.000.007

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

There are two different software lineages, one for the old ETM hardware (MY17) and one for the new one (MY18-19).

New software versions are not regularly made available to dealers/shops; it only happens occasionally, via service bulletin, to fix specific bugs encountered in the field. In such cases, service bulletins are released at different times in different regions (or they may just be released in specific regions, for region-specific bugs).

Old hardware

New hardware
I wonder why they do it like this. Why limit features for NAFTA. But I guess it does mean that there's a chance that they could come.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Old hardware

New hardware
During my last visit (while doing my 2yr/20k service) the technician determined my ETM was faulty and they ordered a new one.

I have a 2017 Ti Sport with 8.8" screen/HK/3D NAV. What ETM and software version should I expect? The current unit for my car (Feb 2017 build date) was on 001.xxx.xxx software.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
^you will end up with new hardware (old is not available anymore) and the latest SW for NAFTA, thats how my car ended up being too because ETM had to be replaced

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
You will want to be on 56.000.007...but I predict a 55.xxx.xxx will be what you get.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Even though he will have ETM changed? I think old SW does not work on new units...
The 55 series was the predecessor software to the current ‘18+ most up-to-date 56 series software. The 17’s use software starting with 01 and 02. I just know the last guy that got a ‘17 display changed did NOT get the most current version of the ‘18+ software...why, I don’t know, but it wouldn’t surprise me if there was a reason.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Even though he will have ETM changed? I think old SW does not work on new units...
The 55 series was the predecessor software to the current ‘18+ most up-to-date 56 series software. The 17’s use software starting with 01 and 02. I just know the last guy that got a ‘17 display changed did NOT get the most current version of the ‘18+ software...why, I don’t know, but it wouldn’t surprise me if there was a reason.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@AlfaRomeoCares called me today to check up on how my car was with the new springs installed, and I asked them about getting the newer update for the NAFTA market, and they said that are looking into it as multiple people have expressed interest in the larger backup camera and ability to disable the easy entry. There is hope yet!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Is there a way to find out the SW version?

·
Registered
735 Posts
My '18 came with 072.001.002

The numbers of the versions don't seem to make any sense. How old is mine?

In any event, it cannot be that old... If I remember correctly the backup image seems to be larger than on my '17 QV.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
You can find the SW level of the Infotainment system and Maps under system or settings, can’t remember which and I’m not near my car. Just play around with the Infotainment system and you’ll find them.

Reactions: hirobmay

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's in settings under software update, current version

My '18 came with 072.001.002

The numbers of the versions don't seem to make any sense. How old is mine?

In any event, it cannot be that old... If I remember correctly the backup image seems to be larger than on my '17 QV.
Where are you located. EMEA cars go up to 81, NAFTA up to 56

·
Registered
83 Posts
So here's what mine says...but it doesn't seem to fit the pattern of North American updates.
I have no idea if this is old or up to date?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 144 Posts