Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,808 Posts
I'll have to pass through London and Paris, Ontario and Rome and Amsterdam, New York and take pictures someday.

Roam if you want to
Roam around the world

Reactions: Dr. Klopek

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Yes, I need to go to Italy next. Or as they say around here - It lee.
Funny (sad?) story.
A few years ago I was in Rome, Italy on a tour bus. The tour director, a very nice young lady, was describing all of the historic sites that we were passing. Across the isle from me, sat an (obviously) American man and wife. He was wearing a large white cowboy (style) hat. He had an audible comment every time we stopped at a place of interest. "I thought that it would be bigger, this place looks like a dump, we have nicer stuff back home...." Finally, the tour guide walked back to the fellow, and with a smile asked, "where are you folks from?" He proudly straightened his string tie and said loudly, "Lubbock Texas, capitol of the world!" She replied, "I hope that you will find something here in Italy that pleases you." He replied, "I doubt it." I will never forget that interaction.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny (sad?) story.
A few years ago I was in Rome, Italy on a tour bus. The tour director, a very nice young lady, was describing all of the historic sites that we were passing. Across the isle from me, sat an (obviously) American man and wife. He was wearing a large white cowboy (style) hat. He had an audible comment every time we stopped at a place of interest. "I thought that it would be bigger, this place looks like a dump, we have nicer stuff back home...." Finally, the tour guide walked back to the fellow, and with a smile asked, "where are you folks from?" He proudly straightened his string tie and said loudly, "Lubbock Texas, capitol of the world!" She replied, "I hope that you will find something here in Italy that pleases you." He replied, "I doubt it." I will never forget that interaction.
I have a trip report on FlyerTalk the title of which is "A Trip To Lubbock Texas – The Question is Why?" The answer was I had been all over Texas, except Lubbock. So I went. I drove all around it. I returned home. I saw no need to ever return.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts