2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just look at the physical attributes of people around you and it’s no surprise people want every single electronic device to control every move. Imagine people saying trust the science but ignore the alcohol, drugs, cheeseburgers and man tits they carry. Sad but the future for America is fat lazy and electric.
I want my car to be an escape from all that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If I have to have an electric car, I want it to pump ICE sounds through interior speakers. Make that car sound (to me) like anything from a Ferrari V12 to a TIE Fighter at the push of a button.

·
Registered
55 Posts
With my MY21 QV I have the infortainment system set to screen off by default. The little screen between the speedo and tacho has more than enough information for 95% of my driving time.

I am certainly not a fan of the Tesla's that have a big screen floating in the cabin with every conceivable amount of information available. Its me and my car when driving, not me and those in my face car computer(s).

·
Registered
2020 Giulia
702 Posts
Just look at the physical attributes of people around you and it’s no surprise people want every single electronic device to control every move. Imagine people saying trust the science but ignore the alcohol, drugs, cheeseburgers and man tits they carry. Sad but the future for America is fat lazy and electric.
Damn bro... You really go after my body like that and then attack everything I love?

Outerwear Vision care Sleeve Collar Beard

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
It looks like the last chance to buy a brand new "real" Alfa Romeo will be 2026 or 2027. That 2026 QV will be last true Dream Car and a new key milestone. We are going to miss the random CELs in rough cold starts in those brand new Alfa Romeo's. Fortunately, some of us will be able to keep our ICEs and will continue to feel and enjoy that music out of the exhausts.

·
Registered
208 Posts
All the screens combined with all the driver "assists" like lane departure etc" IMHO the auto manufacturers are getting us ready for self driving cars. The more they get us used to watching screens and letting the cars do everything surrounding driving the easier it will be for them to sell cars that don't need a driver at all. It'll be a sad day indeed when that happens.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
All the screens combined with all the driver "assists" like lane departure etc" IMHO the auto manufacturers are getting us ready for self driving cars. The more they get us used to watching screens and letting the cars do everything surrounding driving the easier it will be for them to sell cars that don't need a driver at all. It'll be a sad day indeed when that happens.
Imagine how much auto makers will earn when they allow insurers acces to all cars driving history in real time. They will sell us out in a heartbeat. Thumb print logging on car every start. Speeding violations without a cop for miles. Stop sign violations. Turn signal violations. Cash cow. It’s coming and this generation can’t wait to be AI controlled. Vaccine chips in neck. Omg. 50 million Americans would sign up tomorrow to be microchipped

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Getting themselves ready, too. What better way to validate the technology? A car that doesn't need a driver but allows one to take control may be the best we have to hope for.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It looks like the last chance to buy a brand new "real" Alfa Romeo will be 2026 or 2027. That 2026 QV will be last true Dream Car and a new key milestone. We are going to miss the random CELs in rough cold starts in those brand new Alfa Romeo's. Fortunately, some of us will be able to keep our ICEs and will continue to feel and enjoy that music out of the exhausts.
I was thinking the exact same thing as I was pulling into my garage after work today. 2026 is so freaking near. How is infrastructure in America going to be anywhere near where it needs to be for Alfa Romeo to be a 100% EV company? I live in California by the way, land of just a few EV chargers here and there despite all the political posturing/virtue signaling.

It seems like of the European automakers, only BMW is the being pragmatic about the EV transition. They are going slow and steady, something the mainstream media attacks them for but enthusiasts appreciate. Porsche is going to try and prolong the 911 for as long as possible but I'm not sure what's in the cards for the lower-priced Boxster/Cayman.

All this sucks for us younger enthusiasts just entering the stride of our careers. My biggest hobby being legislated out of existence, being forced to become something I never imagined. Wish I had enough $$ to buy an M2, 911, and Giulia QV then lock them in my garage forever.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,440 Posts
Where was this enthusiasm when Alfa appeared on Jay Leno's garage 😔

·
Registered
400 Posts
A air pump that creates real engine sounds, can't be that hard to do. Have it turn on when you feal like having engine sounds, sure it would not be as efficient, but who cares if it sounds great.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All this sucks for us younger enthusiasts just entering the stride of our careers. My biggest hobby being legislated out of existence, being forced to become something I never imagined. Wish I had enough $$ to buy an M2, 911, and Giulia QV then lock them in my garage forever.
I hope you'll be able to enjoy driving them occasionally.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts