Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its been a few months since Alfa bought my car back. I did buy a C63s, not going to go through a whole comparison but here is what I will say: In my opinion the benz is an all around better car (fit, finish, interior quality, dependability and sound of the engine) but the Alfa was more fun to drive. The Benz is void of the passion that you feel when you drive the Giulia. Here are a few pictures of the C63s coupe.

I did however buy a 2017 California T today, I figured i would buy the car with the other 2 cylinders. Picking it up Tuesday weather permitting.

Will definitely be buying another Giulia once I believe all the kinks are worked out...

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
Its been a few months since Alfa bought my car back. I did buy a C63s, not going to go through a whole comparison but here is what I will say: In my opinion the benz is an all around better car (fit, finish, interior quality, dependability and sound of the engine) but the Alfa was more fun to drive. The Benz is void of the passion that you feel when you drive the Giulia. Here are a few pictures of the C63s coupe.

I did however buy a 2017 California T today, I figured i would buy the car with the other 2 cylinders. Picking it up Tuesday weather permitting.

Will definitely be buying another Giulia once I believe all the kinks are worked out...
Benz looks very nice. That's great that you can spring for a Cali T....it is gorgeous,

·
Vendor
619 Posts

I get it to a degree, I have my heart set on an E63 AMG in a few years. I am a sucker for big power Wagons. Its a shame Alfa did not follow through with theirs.

I am dead set on keeping the Quadrifoglio for the very long term and I will say the E63 would be a welcome addition but after owning more than my fair share of Fiat Abarths and Alfas over the recent years I agree the German marques continue to perform well but fall short of that enjoyment factor when it comes to the actual driving component of the car.

The numbers are comparable on paper but the experience differs greatly. That matters a lot to me.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
I get it to a degree, I have my heart set on an E63 AMG in a few years. I am a sucker for big power Wagons. Its a shame Alfa did not follow through with theirs.

I am dead set on keeping the Quadrifoglio for the very long term and I will say the E63 would be a welcome addition but after owning more than my fair share of Fiat Abarths and Alfas over the recent years I agree the German marques continue to perform well but fall short of that enjoyment factor when it comes to the actual driving component of the car.

The numbers are comparable on paper but the experience differs greatly. That matters a lot to me.
Isn't Alfa's big power wagon spelled "Maserati"?

The Merc is a coupe, so not functionally equivalent to any Giulia. Personally, I don't understand 4 seat coupes. I've ridden in the back seat of same, and would rather not repeat the torture (awkward in, awkward out, claustrophobic in between). IMO just get a 2 seater if you don't like your friends and family enough to get 4 doors.

I hope to keep my Giulia 2.0T until it is worn out.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
"More fun to drive" is what I'm talking about. There are many, many aspects to the making of a good car, and we could argue forever about them. But for me, "more fun to drive" is at the top of the list.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts

Nice choice in F-Cars....TDF??
That's why I dumped my F80 M3....reliable yes, fit & finish good quality yes...but after that nuthin:grin2: the last M- car that really made me smile when driving it, the same way I feel with my Quadrifoglio is my E39 M5.....
Enjoy the Cavallino>:)

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Yup

"More fun to drive" is what I'm talking about. There are many, many aspects to the making of a good car, and we could argue forever about them. But for me, "more fun to drive" is at the top of the list.
Now that I have lived with my Giulia for a little over 3 months, I can honestly say that this is the first time I have ever had a car that I truly enjoyed to drive. I never even realized a car could be this much fun.
I've had an Infiniti G37, an Audi, a Volvo S80 T6, and they were all nice, well-built quality cars (although that **** Volvo was in the shop every 6 months), but I didn't know what I was missing until I drove the Giulia.

Reactions: skylar18

·
Registered
178 Posts

Since you can afford both of those dream machines, can I please be your friend?? Pretty please??

·
Vendor
3,423 Posts

Kinks worked out?. hahahaha. Never owned an Alfa before have you! ;) No kidding. Old Alfa Joke (may still be relevant), let's hope these new Marchionne specials will be the best maintenance wise Alfa's yet!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kinks worked out?. hahahaha. Never owned an Alfa before have you! ;) No kidding. Old Alfa Joke (may still be relevant), let's hope these new Marchionne specials will be the best maintenance wise Alfa's yet!
Unfortunately I am an early adopter and got one of the first quads, Alfa now owns it

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Please post the VIN of the Quadrifoglio?

Will be interesting to see where it turns up. It will probably go through an auction somewhere after the bugs are worked out.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
Please post the VIN of the Quadrifoglio?

Will be interesting to see where it turns up. It will probably go through an auction somewhere after the bugs are worked out.
Will be interesting what information Carfax and other such resources convey about it.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Note the tan interior and 5 point star wheels. Ferrari DNA vs, Alfa 5 holes. Tanti Auguri!

Forza! :D

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I love Alfa but I'll take the Prancing Horse any day.

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
71 Posts
you can definitely feel the DNA similarities with the Giulia Quad, especially the torque curve.
Hope you got a great deal...the California is discontinued...the Portofino is taking the spot in the lineup. Suppose to have 39 more HP and refinements. Body is modified somewhat...enough to cultivate demand for the new model...but not make the 2017 look dated.

What I don't understand, is how a Ferrari owner would allow a Mercedes in the garage. I own two F-cars....the family sedan is a Maserati QP. I would take passion any day over the Mercedes. BTW...this is my third Maserati...incredibly reliable...no issues...and able to be used daily, even in Ohio, with the Q4 system.

Last Sunday I shut off the TV after lap 1...could not watch the Mercedes win. I don't suppose you have the same passion.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hope you got a great deal...the California is discontinued...the Portofino is taking the spot in the lineup. Suppose to have 39 more HP and refinements. Body is modified somewhat...enough to cultivate demand for the new model...but not make the 2017 look dated.

What I don't understand, is how a Ferrari owner would allow a Mercedes in the garage. I own two F-cars....the family sedan is a Maserati QP. I would take passion any day over the Mercedes. BTW...this is my third Maserati...incredibly reliable...no issues...and able to be used daily, even in Ohio, with the Q4 system.

Last Sunday I shut off the TV after lap 1...could not watch the Mercedes win. I don't suppose you have the same passion.

I can't tell you how appreciative I am that you are concerned about the deal that I got! And thank you so much for telling me about the Portifino, I never would have known! As far a my c63s I like all cars and manufacturers I own a viper, a corvette and a Porsche. I can certainly tell you one thing... I will never own a piece of crap Maserati especially the QP, they are, under powered, have shitty tech and far and away hold the worst resale value of any cars in their class, I hope you got at least a 60% discount on it,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts