Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the Alfa dealer with my Kid this weekend to set up my first oil change service. While there we were walking the lot looking at all the toys. My salesman came out to say hello and said to let him know if we wanted to test drive anything. I somewhat jokingly said i wanna drive the 4C. next thing i knew he threw me the keys and we were off.

Oh my LORD !! I want that car, I need that Car I have to find a way to have that car in my life.

Yes it has it's quirks. You can't open the back trunk with the key fob, you really can't see the dash while driving, there is no glove box but after about 30 minutes i found myself making all kinds of excuses as to why those things really didn't matter in my life.

It is a RAW, unfiltered driving experience. It was awesome.

Now don't get me wrong. I love my Giulia and won't be trading her any time soon but if i can find a way to own both of them that would be amazing. Every time i pushed down on the pedal I just started laughing out loud.

It was the most fun i have had driving any car in a while.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
i'm tempted to take one for a spin too. How's the mid range power? I know the acceleration is great but wondering what happens when you put your foot down at 50? :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
I went to the Alfa dealer with my Kid this weekend to set up my first oil change service. While there we were walking the lot looking at all the toys. My salesman came out to say hello and said to let him know if we wanted to test drive anything. I somewhat jokingly said i wanna drive the 4C. next thing i knew he threw me the keys and we were off.

Oh my LORD !! I want that car, I need that Car I have to find a way to have that car in my life.

Yes it has it's quirks. You can't open the back trunk with the key fob, you really can't see the dash while driving, there is no glove box but after about 30 minutes i found myself making all kinds of excuses as to why those things really didn't matter in my life.

It is a RAW, unfiltered driving experience. It was awesome.

Now don't get me wrong. I love my Giulia and won't be trading her any time soon but if i can find a way to own both of them that would be amazing. Every time i pushed down on the pedal I just started laughing out loud.

It was the most fun i have had driving any car in a while.
Get the Quadrifoglio...best of both worlds. Comfortable like your Giulia, faster than the 4C and handles just as well.

Reactions: migliori

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get the Quadrifoglio...best of both worlds. Comfortable like your Giulia, faster than the 4C and handles just as well.

I am really afraid to even drive that thing as i might sell a kidney to buy it. I read that it comes with summer tires with only 6/32's of tread. typically tires last about 2500 miles. If you could put all seasons or even other summer tires without ruining the ride i would consider it otherwise that would piss me off having to buy new tires every 2500 miles as the car would be a daily driver.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm tempted to take one for a spin too. How's the mid range power? I know the acceleration is great but wondering what happens when you put your foot down at 50? :)

mid range power is ok. Turns out we never really unlocked the full potential as we were driving in 'N" the whole time and didn't realize. It's 0-60 times are like 4.1 and the car felt every bit of that. straight line mid range power probably is not that great as it's more of a track car than straight line speed car. That isn't anything a tune wouldn't change though. If you can somehow manage to get close to 300 hp out of that engine with a tune from EC or Madness for example that car would be a flat out beast and hang very easily with the prancing horse people. It is a true drivers car. You are part of the driving experience. My son hit it on the head. The 4C is a "car" not a "vehicle".

QV i'm sure is great but you won't be connected near the way you are in the 4C

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,384 Posts
I'd need new roads (change of venue) if I got a 4C. Or maybe just time to dedicate to tracking.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Depending on the mileage if the car, you wouldn’t have been able to switch from N. The car locks you out until it completes the break in period, which is I think 1500km or something like that.
But I agree, those cars are awesome to drive, power is instant and handling is direct, they are like driving a go kart with body panels.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
that's one thing we're lucky on around here is roads. My next car will be a track/weekender car ONLY so it's definitely a candidate. I have fawned over them in the dealer on occasion. Jury is still out though.

good point about mods for the mid-range. I will have to look and see what's possible. I like to have the occasional blast on the highway (legally of course) ;) I would also consider a QV but the only thing (and it's stupid I know) putting me off is i'm 100% keeping the Q4 but not sure if I want two Giulia's.. rather something different. Other contenders are a used GTR / Cayman but GTR isn't beautiful and Cayman.. not in love with Porches I like something a bit more ostentatious. Also watching the new Supra to see if that's mildly attractive.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,164 Posts
I walked into the dealership with the intention of getting a 4C. I asked if the sales guy could take me for a test drive, he said i could drive it if i wanted to. I declined cause I had never driven such a low and wide car without power steering (and i knew i'd sign on the dotted line when we got back, if i did :)). It instantly put a smile on my face.

My heart was all about the 4C, but my head was extremely concerned about the wide-ness, lack of power steering, and poor rear visibility (all primarily due to the quality of other drivers where I live) for a daily driver. So the Giulia was my happy compromise.

The 4C is a future classic, no doubt about that.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I love the 4c but would have trouble enjoying it in the real world as much as I can the QV. Years ago I put a deposit down on a Lotus Elise before the first one even hit US shores. I told the dealer to call me when they first came in so I could see it in the metal, well err fiberglass, and when he did so I showed up at the dealership to look and it was parked next to an Audi Q7, they were an Audi dealer too at the time, and it looked so small and toylike I had a tough time thinking of driving it on the streets surrounded by distracted SUV drivers. I was coming from a Boxster S which is pretty small but that was in a different league completely.

That said I tend to like to have my favorite car as my daily driver and I figured I’d love the thing but hate not being able to really use it all the time. I got my deposit back on the Elise. As a second or third car the 4c would be awesome but it would be tough living with it as a daily driver, especially with the state of roads around me. At least the QV can be softened up with the adjustable dampers on the fly and switched back when you get on good roads...

·
Registered
765 Posts
that's one thing we're lucky on around here is roads. My next car will be a track/weekender car ONLY so it's definitely a candidate... Other contenders are a used GTR / Cayman but GTR isn't beautiful and Cayman.. not in love with Porches I like something a bit more ostentatious. Also watching the new Supra to see if that's mildly attractive.
Maybe try one of the Lotus Exiges or Evora. The Exiges are crazy fun and handle better and have more power than the 4C.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
my friend has an Exige. I like them a lot but little cramped however that's still on the consideration list too. Not looked at the Evora at all, will have to see if there's a dealer within 100 miles :D

·
Registered
691 Posts
I am really afraid to even drive that thing as i might sell a kidney to buy it. I read that it comes with summer tires with only 6/32's of tread. typically tires last about 2500 miles. If you could put all seasons or even other summer tires without ruining the ride i would consider it otherwise that would piss me off having to buy new tires every 2500 miles as the car would be a daily driver.
Hmm....Haven't read that. My QV has 5200 miles on it and the original Pirelli Corsa 'summer' tires, and there's plenty of tread left. I expect to exceed 10,000 miles. If you don't like the Corsa's many are putting the Michelin Pilot S tires on with great success.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts