Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met an 18 Giulia Ti Sport owner last week in an Indian Wells, Ca parking lot who has had the car only 7 days and allowed me to take a test drive along the winding Hwy 74 out here in the desert. Wow, I am wet!!! Have been reading the forums for about 5 months deciding if I could get past potential reliability issues based upon my prejudice of crappy FCA products of the past...although I own a BMW 135i 6MT which irritates me over things that break unnecessarily (ie leaking auto dimming mirrors, cracking 3rd brake light lens). I know I am preaching to the choir, but this car is freeking amazing. My only decision is to go for an 18 or special order a 19 to my liking (red with tan interior) The only weak spot if the sound system when I choose to use it...is the Bose option an improvement?...seems like $900 might be worth it unless you all have a different take.

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
not aware of a Bose option. The premium upgrade ($900) is a Harmon Kardon. Sounded pretty good to me!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Upgrade stereo is Harmon Kardon, which as a Bimmer owner you should be familiar with. The base stereo is crummy to my ears, the upgrade worth it but it's certainly not in the same league as some of the higher-end car audio options out there these days (the B&W system in the new 5-series, for one). One thing to remember is that the car doesn't have active noise cancellation, and a fair amount of road noise makes it into the cabin, so there's only so much the stereo can do regardless.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
welcome! Oh boy you had the test drive... no going back now :D Think your decision is mainly going to be 'how long can I wait?' :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
The only weak spot if the sound system when I choose to use it...is the Bose option an improvement?...seems like $900 might be worth it unless you all have a different take.

Thanks
An old post, but the HK sound system is quite good. It gets better with age and I can tell a big difference in quality now from when it was new.

2017 Lusso Competizione Red Q2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts