Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a 1000 miles on her and she doesn’t stop to amaze me......
Best and fastest car I ever driven or owned......
I will be test driving my patient’s F458 speciale in the spring, so i’ll be able to see how the QV compares withe the “Golden Standard”

Anyway, the QV IS AMAZING!

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have 1800 on mine and I fell the same way. Took her out three times today. First was taking the long way into town on some twisty roads. Dynamic mode with paddles. Really fun except having to watch out for the bicyclists. Second took wife, daughter and son in-law out to lunch. Dynamic soft auto mode to give them a taste of the sport. Then evening to dinner with the wife. Normal mode for a relaxed drive. It does it all very well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,435 Posts
Really fun except having to watch out for the bicyclists.
Please tell me you're not afflicted with the hyperhypocritical ones who expect every courtesy from cars and the proceed to blow through stop signs, etc.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Please tell me you're not afflicted with the hyperhypocritical ones who expect every courtesy from cars and the proceed to blow through stop signs, etc.

Don’t get me started....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
7,435 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,715 Posts
And remember, they probably all drive Prii. In the left lane. At 50 mph.
I take exception to that. Neither I nor my cycling friends behave anything like that. None of us drives a Prius nor drive at inappropriate speeds on the road. Since we all value our lives, we follow the rules of the road when cycling.

While some bicyclists do not follow the rules of the road, some Giulia drivers do not either--and brag about it in these forums.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
I take exception to that. Neither I nor my cycling friends behave anything like that. None of us drives a Prius nor drive at inappropriate speeds on the road. Since we all value our lives, we follow the rules of the road when cycling.

While some bicyclists do not follow the rules of the road, some Giulia drivers do not either--and brag about it in these forums.
Fine. Please take every opportunity to reign in your disobedient brethren. Our local peloton has caught the attention of law enforcement. I look forward to their behavior improving after some receive tickets.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
"good roads other than 93 and 495"

so you are calling those good roads? then I guess the 90.

chipshot, fewer lanes and more turns are most everywhere here.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
"good roads other than 93 and 495"

so you are calling those good roads? then I guess the 90.

chipshot, fewer lanes and more turns are most everywhere here.
Exactly my point. 93 and 495 do not fit my perception of enjoyable drives.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
aah, didn't realize you were familiar with here - I still barely am after 3 years, but the question sure confused me.

although you aren't likely to encounter weenies in spandex wobbling three abreast on those ones.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
aah, didn't realize you were familiar with here - I still barely am after 3 years, but the question sure confused me.
My location may say Michigan, but I've lived in five other states and do a fair amount of traveling.

although you aren't likely to encounter weenies in spandex wobbling three abreast on those ones.
A tough trade between those spandex-coated weenies and the cell phone holding, breakfast-eating, makeup-applying distracted drivers likely to be found commuting on extraurban superslabs.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I put a 1000 miles on her and she doesn’t stop to amaze me......
Best and fastest car I ever driven or owned......
I will be test driving my patient’s F458 speciale in the spring, so i’ll be able to see how the QV compares withe the “Golden Standard”

Anyway, the QV IS AMAZING!
Could not have said it better myself ......

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I had a bad experience with cyclists this morning. Usually they are pretty cool. Around Dover and Westwood at least. But through Brookline and Newton, 2 cyclists were riding abreast beyond of any bike lane area. One motioned to the other to go line astern. The other took their time and didn't really move over. That was annoying, especially since the parkway route through those towns has been carved up by bike lanes, regardless of the road hazzards and manholes. Now the driving lanes are horrible and run directly over manholes and water plates. And yeah the pavement just sucks.

PM me and I can advise some great driving routes around metro Boston. Stay alert, share the road, respect neighborhoods, watch for children.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,715 Posts
Fine. Please take every opportunity to reign in your disobedient brethren. Our local peloton has caught the attention of law enforcement. I look forward to their behavior improving after some receive tickets.
As far as I know pelotons that are not part of an organized and sanctioned race (i.e. closed course) are strictly illegal on all roads in the USA. Neither I nor my cycling friends engage in this behavior.

It is behavior similar to auto drivers that draft and race each other on the public highways, as both are endangering other people on the road.

Participants in either activity should get major violation tickets.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Another day with my QV, another blast....... BTW the pelotons drive off the side of the road when they hear my Giulia comes behind them, roaring down the road.......

Socializing and solitaire......

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts