Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I took the plunge today and traded my 2013 BMW M5 for a 2018 Tri-White Ti Sport with all the options in RWD. With a baby on the way, the Quad was more than I wanted to spend. I went lease since I still have some uneasiness about Alfa glitches but we’ll see.

I’m surprised, but I don’t miss my M5. It had raw power and handled well, but it was a chainsaw to the scalpel that is the Giulia. Driving is fun again. The M5 would handle well at limit, but it was heavy and scary. The Alfa just keeps begging me to keep going.

I’m surprised they went away from staggered width wheels though...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Congrats and welcome! You'll soon find yourself taking the long way everywhere just so you can drive more.

Reactions: pipposera

·
Registered
573 Posts
Congrats. I have had mine for a little over a week now. Found myself offering to drive the wife to the fabric store after work just to get to drive her. I don't drive her to work, I would never get anything done thinking about her being right there and not trusting coworkers not to ding her up.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :smile2:
Congrats :grin2:

All car brands have glitches, not just Alfa Romeo. We have a 2017 Ti Q2 with just over 13,000 miles and have not had any glitches. A few have, most haven't. I hope you're one of the most.

There is a staggered wheel set option. I put 19x9 on all for corner as I didn't want a staggered setup. The dark 5-hole looks good and fits good.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the dark hole 19’s from the factory. The dealer said my car should have come with staggered setup but this must be a change for 2018...?

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have the dark hole 19’s from the factory. The dealer said my car should have come with staggered setup but this must be a change for 2018...?
Quadrifoglio not withstanding, staggered wheels are a factory option on RWD Ti model cars and only when equipped with the Ti Sport Package. IMO with AWD it's better to have a square setup. The car already has 50/50 weight distribution and ample grip. With a staggered setup you can't rotate the tires the same way you can with a square setup. And we all know how important it is to maintain even tire wear on AWD cars. They do not tolerate big differences in rotational speed.

They've recently redesigned the alfaromeousa.com website but here is the document showing feature availability
https://www.alfaromeousa.com/conten...18_AR_Giulia_FA9vh5l9rps6fulq53papi1lpc8p.pdf

This dealer salesman training document applies to the 2017 Giulias, but it gives you a better idea of some of the detail differences between the various trim levels and options. I wish I had seen this myself before I bought my car as I might have chosen a Lusso instead. My salesman clearly did not study this document as he was an idiot with very little product knowledge. Spending 2 hours on this forum makes you smarter than my dumbass salesman! LOL
http://www.aroc-usa.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/2017-Alfa-Romeo-Giulia.pdf

·
Registered
693 Posts
@Djseto,
Congrats on the purchase and welcome. Where in NC are you from? What dealer did you purchase from. I'm in the Raleigh area.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Quadrifoglio not withstanding, staggered wheels are a factory option on RWD Ti model cars and only when equipped with the Ti Sport Package. IMO with AWD it's better to have a square setup. The car already has 50/50 weight distribution and ample grip. With a staggered setup you can't rotate the tires the same way you can with a square setup. And we all know how important it is to maintain even tire wear on AWD cars. They do not tolerate big differences in rotational speed.

They've recently redesigned the alfaromeousa.com website but here is the document showing feature availability
https://www.alfaromeousa.com/conten...18_AR_Giulia_FA9vh5l9rps6fulq53papi1lpc8p.pdf

This dealer salesman training document applies to the 2017 Giulias, but it gives you a better idea of some of the detail differences between the various trim levels and options. I wish I had seen this myself before I bought my car as I might have chosen a Lusso instead. My salesman clearly did not study this document as he was an idiot with very little product knowledge. Spending 2 hours on this forum makes you smarter than my dumbass salesman! LOL
http://www.aroc-usa.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/2017-Alfa-Romeo-Giulia.pdf
Mine is a 2018 RWD Ti Sport with the Ti Performance Package (adaptive suspension and mech limited slip). I def dont have staggered setup...

EDIT: Looking at the PDF, it’s because my car came with all season vs 3 season tires. Living in NC, I def feel like I don’t need all seasons. Grrr....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Djseto,
Congrats on the purchase and welcome. Where in NC are you from? What dealer did you purchase from. I'm in the Raleigh area.
I’m in the Raleigh/Cary area. I got mine from Hendrick. Not my favorite dealer but they had what I wanted while GBoro did not.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Reactions: Woodstk88
1 - 11 of 11 Posts