Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be safe everyone. Especially those along the eastern seaboard.

We're staying put (Orlando area).

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Godspeed..

Reactions: 407Guy

·
Registered
482 Posts
Staying put in Palm Beach county. Hunkering down with the in-laws, generator and impact windows/doors. Hope we, and Guilia, come out without a scratch.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Good luck to all you Florida guys.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Good luck to everyone. Luckily my family members are in the Tampa area. Unfortunately my new car is sitting it Jacksonville at port. We shall see if I will still have a new car after the storm passes.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
This is particularly appropriate post for this forum. I was on the phone with the @AlfaRomeoCares team yesterday afternoon, and he told me he would not be in Thursday or Friday because he had to evacuate. Apparently they are located in southwest Florida.
Hope everything is ok for all of them and their families.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,465 Posts

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Friend of mine was evacuated from the Keys to Gainesville....
very tough to really prepare for an act of nature of this magnitude...

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
My cousin lives in Naples and keeps his yacht in Tortola. He's already been hit once and is watching from a safe distance during a European vacation. To keep things car-related, he drives a Volvo.

Reactions: ChiGuy

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Thank you! I live in Coral Gables and we are expecting Hurricane force winds. We are ready for the storm and I hope everyone is as well. The city of Coral Gables is allowing free use of their municipal parking garages so the cars remain protected during the storm.

My car was being serviced at the collection but they called me yesterday because they were releasing all driveable cars because of liability reasons. So my car is now safe at an elevated garage in my building. During the time they had my car, they did manage to update the transmission module and replace the glove box.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Not that this event is a joking matter but last time we had a hurricane I went outside and soaped up the car (it had to stay outside). When it was all said and done I had a shiny car with several downed trees.

But yes stay safe everyone!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hehe, but seriously this is another bad one. The video from Puerto Rico is stunning. Love the garden blocks idea. If you have ramps, stands or blocks. I suggest putting your car up if you can or get it to high ground, down wind of a nice revetment. Luckily the stronger winds will be on the off shore side if it stays on the east side of the peninsula. Prayers for you guys and a Sivocci Quadrifoglio too. ;)

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Thank you sir. 16ft above sea level. Never really had an issue with flooding during any previous storm before. I guess people in Houston thought the same thing, but Irma shouldn't have that much rain.
Storm surge a more likely problem?

·
Registered
7,465 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Ripple effect

My car was being serviced at the collection but they called me yesterday because they were releasing all driveable cars because of liability reasons. So my car is now safe at an elevated garage in my building. During the time they had my car, they did manage to update the transmission module and replace the glove box.
Just to demonstrate the far-reaching impact of Irma, I brought my car in for updates at a dealership outside of Chicago on Wednesday morning. I expected to have it back by now. But when I called for a status, the service manager told me they are unable to address the problems with my infotainment system, because the @AlfaRomeoCares team has not called him back. I believe the reason is that they are located in southwest Florida and their offices will be closed into next week.

So my car is stuck at the dealership until they get back to work. I realize it is a minimal inconvenience compared to the poor people who will actually feel the brunt of the storm. But it is interesting how far reaching something like this can be.

In the meantime, I will be tooling around in this bad boy!

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Change in the direction forecast. Seems now is Irma will go right up the gut of Florida. Sh*t.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts