Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Been reading here for couple weeks. Thanks for all the great info! I currently drive (depending on the day) a 2011 m3 coupe or a 2016 Fiesta ST. Both are terrific cars in their unique ways. The only two cars to turn my head from the M have been the ATS V, and the Quadrifoglio. The only ATS v I have been able to drive was an auto, but a manual sedan seems sweet. I was able to drive a Giuilia Ti, and cannot imagine what a Quadrifoglio must be like. Our dealer has a "demo" that isn't road driveable? It is a devastatingly beautiful blue which seems a lighter shade than the Monte Carlo blue on build site. If available-- this would be the color I would order. It is the blue that is on cars I have seen in photos from unveils/car shows online. Does anyone have any info on this color, and if it will be made available anytime for order. As I am supremely challenged in all things digital--I will try to post a picture--but expect an epic fail!
Thanks Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Rim

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Thanks for joining and participating!

To answer the questions about test drives of the Quadrifoglio, nope. Best to find an existing owner to show you the details and raw performance of the Quad. It is, outstanding.

People ask me "why would you buy a car that you never were able to test drive?"

Well, the answer is within the press releases and vlogs that were posted on YouTube through 2016. What sealed the deal for me was Chris Harris's reviews. We are of similar stature and he was thrilled with the seats and the ergonomics. Plus, he thought it was 10% faster than anything badged "M". At that point, I knew I was buying.

The dealers will rarely let anyone test drive any speciality limited production vehicle. It is relative to asking for a test drive of a Viper or Ferrari. You'd better drive in with a Koenigsegg or McLaren if you wish to try the Quadrifoglio...

Buy one! You won't be disappointed!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for reply. I looked at that thread as well, and the Monte Carlo Blue looks too dark for me. Gonna pull the trigger soon. Probably go with a different color. I like white, but would rather spend 2,200 on something else.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)

Where in New Mexico are you? I lived in Santa Fe for a while. Venice, CA currently.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks for reply. I looked at that thread as well, and the Monte Carlo Blue looks too dark for me. Gonna pull the trigger soon. Probably go with a different color. I like white, but would rather spend 2,200 on something else.
The blue is actually a lot brighter than what you are seeing in the photos. I like the blue in the photos, but when I looked at an actual car it was too bright for my taste.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
As far as I know, there is only one blue, the Monte Carlo Blue. It is an interesting blue, it changes hue depending on the light and/or viewing angle. The camera cannot correctly capture the blue. At times it almost looks black, and bright blue at other times.

We have a Monte Carlo Ti on order with cream seats and wood trim. Our dealer had one in stock, but we wanted different options and he allowed us to place a special order. The color combo looks sweet. We thought the red (there are three shades of red) would have been nicer, but we each have a red daily driver already and decided that would be to much red.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
As far as I know, there is only one blue, the Monte Carlo Blue. It is an interesting blue, it changes hue depending on the light and/or viewing angle. The camera cannot correctly capture the blue. At times it almost looks black, and bright blue at other times.

We have a Monte Carlo Ti on order with cream seats and wood trim. Our dealer had one in stock, but we wanted different options and he allowed us to place a special order. The color combo looks sweet. We thought the red (there are three shades of red) would have been nicer, but we each have a red daily driver already and decided that would be to much red.
You are forgetting Misano Blue, new color for the second batch of cars :smile2: Looks cool

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Hi all,
Been reading here for couple weeks. Thanks for all the great info! I currently drive (depending on the day) a 2011 m3 coupe or a 2016 Fiesta ST. Both are terrific cars in their unique ways. The only two cars to turn my head from the M have been the ATS V, and the Quadrifoglio. The only ATS v I have been able to drive was an auto, but a manual sedan seems sweet. I was able to drive a Giuilia Ti, and cannot imagine what a Quadrifoglio must be like. Our dealer has a "demo" that isn't road driveable? It is a devastatingly beautiful blue which seems a lighter shade than the Monte Carlo blue on build site. If available-- this would be the color I would order. It is the blue that is on cars I have seen in photos from unveils/car shows online. Does anyone have any info on this color, and if it will be made available anytime for order. As I am supremely challenged in all things digital--I will try to post a picture--but expect an epic fail!
Thanks View attachment 2769
That blue is Misano, a color not available on first batch of Giulias I believe. Now in the new updated brochures as of a few weeks or so

·
Registered
82 Posts
That blue is Misano, a color not available on first batch of Giulias I believe. Now in the new updated brochures as of a few weeks or so
Max, I recall that you are interested in Stromboli with not a lot of equipment.. Kelly in Danvers got one in. It's got a lot on it, so probably not the car for you, but you could go check out the color in person. I saw it today. Looks real sharp.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, the car looks gorgeous in any color, but I am partial to lighter colors.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Max, I recall that you are interested in Stromboli with not a lot of equipment.. Kelly in Danvers got one in. It's got a lot on it, so probably not the car for you, but you could go check out the color in person. I saw it today. Looks real sharp.
Wow thanks for telling me! :smile2: Will probably go check it out this weekend assuming it's still there. Unfortunately nobody seems to want my RR for sale so things are taking a bit longer than I anticipated when it comes to funds ... :|

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
You are forgetting Misano Blue, new color for the second batch of cars :smile2: Looks cool
Not saying you're wrong, just that this is the first I've heard of a second blue. I just checked the AR online car configutor and they still list only the one blue.

The Ti has the most paint options, 3 reds, 3 greys, 2 whites, 2 blacks & 1 blue.

Would be nice if they tossed in a yellow, orange, green and/or ... the complete rainbow :wink2:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Ding Ding! Max for the win. I just got a new brochure from Herb Chambers in Millbury. The last pages have an overhead shot of the pit lane with cars in all the different colors. Misano blue is the lighter one I'm pretty sure. More of a Subi WRX Laser Blue like the Italian/French Savoy/Royal blue. Think Azzuro of the Italian Soccer Team, but royal is a bit lighter than the Monte Carlo blue. Ferrari has had a couple darker blues like Swatters, Tour de France and others. These are closer to Monte Carlo and look great with both a rich tobacco brown leather or lighter cream. The Ti has both!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Not saying you're wrong, just that this is the first I've heard of a second blue. I just checked the AR online car configutor and they still list only the one blue.

The Ti has the most paint options, 3 reds, 3 greys, 2 whites, 2 blacks & 1 blue.

Would be nice if they tossed in a yellow, orange, green and/or ... the complete rainbow :wink2:
Hence why I said second batch of cars. Not sure where you can currently configure a Misano blue Giulia but I know they've been showing it off (including on the Stelvio) at auto shows for a while now. Don't know anybody internationally that has one yet either I don't think but may be wrong. It is in current brochures online and at dealers.

Also yes I would like to see more colors, specifically a darker green

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I was at my dealer today picking up my 4C from service and asked sales about this new blue. "He said it's a 2018 color. He doesn't know if it will be released early or not."

Typical Alfa, never telling us anything and allowing us to survive on myth and misconception. Have we heard the truth or not? There's certainly a few conflicting things.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts