Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a couple of years of drooling over the Giulia at the LA Auto Show, we finally decided to become Alfa owners!

Alfa Black | TI 19" Sport Package | Red Calipers | Sunroof | HP Bi-Xenons | Nav

I specifically asked that the car not be washed when we took delivery and although I got a couple funny looks, the obliged. The next day I had it detailed and a ceramic coating placed on the car. She shines like no other!! Of course I had to take it out that night and get some shots while it was fresh! It has been an absolute blast!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Welcome and those are some awesome photos. Did the same thing with asking that it not be washed prior to delivery, the guy doing the ceramic coating specifically asked for it to get to him as untouched as possible. After the coating was on he told me that the paint work on the Giulia was some of the best he has seen on any car. And he gets to look closely at paintwork on some pretty fancy cars. Anyway I'm really glad I had the film and ceramic coating put on it gives the car a super gloss and makes it so easy to keep clean.

Enjoy your new Giulia

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome and those are some awesome photos.
Thanks! It's always fun to be able to mix two of my passions!

Did the same thing with asking that it not be washed prior to delivery, the guy doing the ceramic coating specifically asked for it to get to him as untouched as possible. After the coating was on he told me that the paint work on the Giulia was some of the best he has seen on any car. And he gets to look closely at paintwork on some pretty fancy cars. Anyway I'm really glad I had the film and ceramic coating put on it gives the car a super gloss and makes it so easy to keep clean.

Enjoy your new Giulia
My guy had the same comment!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Please share details of ceramic coating process & cost estimates, I'm unfamiliar...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Please share details of ceramic coating process & cost estimates, I'm unfamiliar...
Thanks!

The process is very similar to waxing. My guy did a quick buff to make sure the minor imperfection from transit were removed. Then used a product called Beeds HD applied like most other coatings. The product is said to last for roughly 3 years without having to reapply or wax. For the entire process, I paid $800. But I don't have to worry about re-waxing for the next 3 years, just have to wash it properly. I believe the product itself is roughly $225 for a small bottle that would cover 3 or so cars.

Hope that helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts