Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

How to view quotes/mentions?

3K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  Admin 
#1 ·
I am often quoted or mentioned, and if/when I am I try hard to reply to the members, but I can’t find out how to check my quotes/mentions after leaving the “notifications” drop down when I arrive here.....I’d prefer if that was my home page actually. Like today, I’ve been inactive for a week or so due to other stuff, so when I came in today I had 5 quotes or so....so I answered a couple, but then my notifications are gone and I can’t find them. Help plz.

#3 ·
That's for private messages. For quotes/mentions, when you log in, there will be a number (next to “notifications”, I believe), tap the number and it will show the quotes/mentions.

#7 ·
Thanks everyone, and for anyone else wondering....

This works, strange though, you have to actually click on the tab that says Profile, that brings up another menu of options, I thought it was a tab to indicate what was available below it, but if you click it, it shows more, including mentions and quotes.

#15 ·
How to View Quotes & Mentions, the easy way

In the upper-left corner just under "FORUMS" is your user name, assuming you've logged in.

- Click on your user name

You'll see a tab bar. The two right most tabs are "MENTIONS" & "QUOTES"

- Click on the tab you want to access

#16 · (Edited)
In the upper-left corner just under "FORUMS" is your user name, assuming you've logged in.

- Click on your user name

You'll see a tab bar. The two right most tabs are "MENTIONS" & "QUOTES"

- Click on the tab you want to access
Did you guys just enable that? It didn’t used to work, but having it is handy. Thanks!

I should say, for clarity, Mentions was there before, but not Quotes.

#18 ·
No, that link defaults to Private Messages if there are no unseen Quotes, Mentions, or PMs (or any unseen items of the other fields indicated, I presume), hence the reason for the OP’s post.

Or are you saying you’re enabling that functionality all the time now?

Or maybe there is different behavior based on browser type?

#20 ·
Hmm, now all the alt pathways to Quotes and Mentions (i.e. via CP >User Profile and via user name) are gone! Are you guys fiddling with settings on your end, or is this a browser/cookie type issue, maybe? Everything else seems to be working fine.

Any ideas?

#28 ·
They're working again now for me, both pathways. I double-checked that was not my case by resizing the browser window down to a size smaller than I'd ever view, and the expansion arrows still show now, whereas last night they were definitely not there. Similarly, I checked both vertical and horizontal views of the full site pages on my iPhone, and the expansion arrows are there, too.

I think admin is changing settings or something on the back end. I've been using VBB versions for many, many years, maybe a decade or more, and have not experienced this kind of thing before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.