Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Veloce (MY19) - 1973 C110 Skyline - 1977 Datsun 810 SSS - 1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
348 Posts
Thanks for the Video, I've had a fair bit of trouble getting mine off.
will have to try again.

·
Registered
373 Posts
That's awesome! I'm quite happy to see that I can do something about my rattly window switch without having to take off the whole door card. That just moved several steps up on my list of things to do.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,683 Posts
I've had many door panels off in my time, and I've noticed a major trend recently. The plastic retainer clips that are released at the end that are holding the panel on will break on most cars. I'm guessing that Alfa Romeo clips are no exception.

Do yourself a favor and purchase new ones prior to working on your doors. I purchase a universal kit from Amazon that contains a billionty of them in different styles; it also came with plastic pry tools and a nice retaining clip popper tool. the tool is nice, if you can get it in far enough to use. It can sometimes help to prevent the clips from exploding.

Here's what I bought: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B072KXQXL7/

Also, get a roll of this felt tape and plaster it all over the place where you find any potential spots that could rub or rattle or squeek. https://www.amazon.com/J-V-Converting-FELT-06-BLK0755-Polyester/dp/B013H8QDQG

Reactions: Shiny_side_up

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've had many door panels off in my time, and I've noticed a major trend recently. The plastic retainer clips that are released at the end that are holding the panel on will break on most cars. I'm guessing that Alfa Romeo clips are no exception.

Do yourself a favor and purchase new ones prior to working on your doors. I purchase a universal kit from Amazon that contains a billionty of them in different styles; it also came with plastic pry tools and a nice retaining clip popper tool. the tool is nice, if you can get it in far enough to use. It can sometimes help to prevent the clips from exploding.

Here's what I bought: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B072KXQXL7/

Also, get a roll of this felt tape and plaster it all over the place where you find any potential spots that could rub or rattle or squeek. https://www.amazon.com/J-V-Converting-FELT-06-BLK0755-Polyester/dp/B013H8QDQG
Unfortunately, none of the various clips in that kit are the ones the Giulia Panels utilize. I have a picture of the style we need. I will try to dig it up and post it here.

Reactions: LoCoRob

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,164 Posts
That's awesome! I'm quite happy to see that I can do something about my rattly window switch without having to take off the whole door card. That just moved several steps up on my list of things to do.
There has been plenty of discussion about "rattly window switches" long ago. You are most likely hearing the normal operation of an inertia switch that is part of the crash protection system.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I know that if I put my hand on the top of the window switch, my rattles go away. So that'll be attempt #1.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,683 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Unfortunately, no. They are white plastic clips which slide into the holders on the door panels, and pop into the slots on the door itself. They are long and thin, and have a bulbous tip which is what pops into place. I found some photos I took when I was applying some dynamat. I have not been able to find these online anywhere unfortunately. May need to order some from the dealer :( Personal protective equipment Helmet Automotive exterior Auto part
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part

·
Registered
94 Posts
This is what the end of the clip looks like that slips into the door panel. These are from a Citroen and definitely are not correct, but are the only clips I've seen which utilize the same mounting head style. I would love to be able to order a ton of these myself rather than going to the dealer if someone could locate a supplier for our style clips.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,683 Posts
Unfortunately, no. They are white plastic clips which slide into the holders on the door panels, and pop into the slots on the door itself. They are long and thin, and have a bulbous tip which is what pops into place. I found some photos I took when I was applying some dynamat. I have not been able to find these online anywhere unfortunately. May need to order some from the dealer :( View attachment 89215 View attachment 89216
Those look like they may pop out decently, way better than the other ones I have encountered that explode when you look at them wrong.

Reactions: stocki

·
Registered
94 Posts
Those look like they may pop out decently, way better than the other ones I have encountered that explode when you look at them wrong.
They definitely pop in and out very well and aren't too fragile. Easy to seat into the retaining spot on the panel too. Only problem is, they don't pop in very snug when pushing them back into the door. With the extra material behind my panel from the dynamat, they have a hard time staying popped in. I might look at replacing them with the universal "teeth" spine type. If they don't work well or break, at least they are cheap and I can put in the originals.

·
Registered
94 Posts
BTW: just got off the phone with my dealer's parts guy. Super helpful and seemed to give me break on pricing. The Door Panel Clips are special order and are $3.95 a piece. The Window Switch Retaining Clips are actually more pricey at $5.75 a piece, special order as well (The clips on the window switch panel are extremely thin and bend and basically become unusable). I asked for a quote of 10 for each style, only totaled $51. Seems like an decent price if these cannot be located anywhere else.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,683 Posts
Ugh. .001 cents in materials. The spiny retainers may work, and yeah they are easily acquired.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Also use a heat gun!

Reactions: JeFizz
1 - 16 of 16 Posts