Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve been disappointed in one aspect of the vehicle and that is when I turn off the engine, the radio shuts off immediately. My BMW did not do this so I’ve been extremely annoyed about it.

However, I just had a loaner Giulia where the radio stayed on when I turned off the engine.

Maybe I’ve missed it in the settings, but can someone tell me how I can set it to where the radio stays on?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
My 17 Ti does just that, the radio (infotainment center) turns off when I turn off the engine. I've never found a setting that will adjust this. Perhaps the 18's are slightly different.

You can listen to the radio by turning on the accessory mode. Without pressing the brake, tap the start button, then turn on the radio.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 17 Ti does just that, the radio (infotainment center) turns off when I turn off the engine. I've never found a setting that will adjust this. Perhaps the 18's are slightly different.

You can listen to the radio by turning on the accessory mode. Without pressing the brake, tap the start button, then turn on the radio.
Yeah, I wondered if it was an ‘18 I was driving, but it has the exact same build date as mine (6/17) because I checked that.

I know about accessory mode, but thanks for the response.

Just looked at audio settings again and cannot find it as a setting, but obviously it is capable because I just had first-hand experience with it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yep...switch off delay setting.
You have a choice of 0 where it turns off right away or 20 where it stays on for 20 minutes. It will go off when you open your door.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
FYI, my 2017 will power the radio back on if you press the volume dial right after you shutdown. Have not tested for how long.

Reactions: TTUMadDawg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excellent! Thank you chaiguy, Nancyslat and AlfaCrisis...you all alleviated my frustration. Funny thing is, I remember seeing that setting, but for whatever reason, I couldn’t figure out what it was for.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Yep...switch off delay setting.
You have a choice of 0 where it turns off right away or 20 where it stays on for 20 minutes. It will go off when you open your door.
Oh, thanks for that. Somehow I must have missed it. But then again, I've yet to read the owner's manual. :grin2:

Is there a way to keep the AUX input powered on when the engine is turned off? Anyone know?
My 2017 didn't when I first got it, but after an update from the dealer it now does. There are three USB ports in the car, I didn't check all of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts