Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

301 - 320 of 342 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
I
I believe I purchased a faulty grey cable when doing the proxi alignment it fails and I am unable to connect to the ABS module. Is it time to order a new set of cables?
f you are using an SGW bypass, where did you get it? The one from Eurocompulsion needs to be modded.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is that really the case with the EC SGW bypass ?
The gray cable is the 2nd high speed CAN bus. I can not imagine this is a SGW bridge problem. I know of 2 other gray cables which were faulty. One of which was my own. After examining it it appeared these are pretty bad made cables. The outside looks good but inside these cables it's a mess. Cheap junk.

·
Super Moderator
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
Is that really the case with the EC SGW bypass ?
The gray cable is the 2nd high speed CAN bus. I can not imagine this is a SGW bridge problem. I know of 2 other gray cables which were faulty. One of which was my own. After examining it it appeared these are pretty bad made cables. The outside looks good but inside these cables it's a mess. Cheap junk.
Yes, I had to modify mine many moths ago, and another dude in the past week had a new EC SGW bypass that also needed to be modified. The EC SGW bypass only has connection to the low speed CAN bus.

·
Super Moderator
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
Do you use a SGW bypass by any chance? If so then I think you maybe need to modify it for it to work.
I didn't see your reply last night when I posted the same response. lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know a much better SGW bridge. Both high speed en low speed are connected:

·
Super Moderator
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
I've updated the original post to include this information.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Yes, I had to modify mine many moths ago, and another dude in the past week had a new EC SGW bypass that also needed to be modified. The EC SGW bypass only has connection to the low speed CAN bus.
That isn't exactly accurate. The bus that is still connected with an unmodified EC SGW bypass is also a high speed (500kbps) CAN bus.

·
Super Moderator
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #311

·
Registered
12 Posts
@JeFizz I just installed the new DNA-R Switch and got the Race Mode working (Type3). It was fairly simple when you have a guide (also didn't need the bypass). Just got one scare as the car showed a lot of fails while changing to the blue adapter during the proxy alignment, but as I tried running the proxy again it just worked.
The accel from 0 when you build some boost is awesome without the TC intervention. I will do some more "tests" and then will try Type2.
Have you got a final verdict on the difference between these two modes?
Thank you a lot!

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
So Im planning on doing this is an hour or so. I have the race switch selector cables, interface and bypass. My car is a 19 Q4 Ti Sport. Is there a specific route I should take here as far as the options on page 1?

·
Registered
415 Posts
I haven't kept up, but is this still accurate front the first post?

Byte 88=CC (Type 2/DNA)
  • ASC/TCS enabled in normal DNA modes
  • A = A in ECM/BCM
  • N = N in ECM/BCM
  • D = D in ECM/BCM
  • Race Mode =
    • Race mode is indicated
    • Larger speed indication in center display
    • Non-functioning shift indicator in center display
    • N in ECM
    • D in BCM
    • ? in TCM
    • Disables FCW
    • Disables ASC/TCS

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is the main difference between 88=CC and 88=EC?

Looking to do this, but I would like clarification on advantages vs disadvantages between the two.

Also, I have a TI Sport.
Does Race Mode effect effect Dampening or Paddle Shifters?

Thanks!

MODES:

Byte 88=CC (Type 2/DNA)
  • A = A in ECM/BCM
  • N = N in ECM/BCM
  • D = D in ECM/BCM
  • Race Mode =
    • Race mode is indicated
    • Larger speed indication in center display
    • Non-functioning shift indicator in center display
    • N in ECM
    • D in BCM
    • ? in TCM
    • Disables FCW
    • Disables ASC/TCS
Byte 88=EC (Type 3/DNA/Sport)
  • A = A in ECM/BCM
  • N = N in ECM/BCM
  • D = D in ECM/BCM
  • ASC/TSC off mode =
    • Race mode is not indicated, only yellow FCW and ASC/TCS dash indicators
    • D in ECM (up for debate that it is actually using the D ECM map, some say it's using N)
    • D in BCM
    • ? in TCM
    • Disables FCW
    • Disables ASC/TCS

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
At least in my car if byte 88 is cc my ECM/PCM (commonly called the Engine Control Module, it is known as the Power Control Module in the service manual) is in N mode regardless of the DNA setting. Other modules such as the BCM, TCM, and CDCM appear to understand the change in byte 88.

On the PCM stuck in N mode subject, does anybody know if it is possible to send different proxy information to the PCM than the other modules? If we could send byte 88 = AC (or whatever original value was used) just to the PCM and send cc or ec to all of the other modules, I think the behavior would be much better. Any Proxy experts out there???

·
Vendor
2,054 Posts
Has anyone been able to do this successfully in a 2017 Q4 Ti Sport with the cold weather package? I have read through both discussions and am having issues. Dealer just installed new infotainment (68446430AA) and updated ETM software to 085.000.046. It seems no matter what I do, unless I flash back to stock, the odometer flashes and I fail the proxi alignment. I am using MES 4.5 Registered, stardiag green cable and the blue and grey cables from alfissimo.

I get an error message while flashing using the elm cable that gave me a dtcm prosci error, when I switch to the blue cable (following the prompt) I get an error for each module that states "failed! time out error", when I switch to the grey cable everything flashes successfully and I have no issues. I have ensured the steering angle is at 0 before and after the flash and have completed the calibrations in the ABS module before and after.

It seems like others may be having this same issue so I don't think it is the cable, but I am no expert on this stuff.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Most likely you have interface set up wrong. I have same car and it works fine using same interface.

You must choose the correct interface ELM 327 (High Speed) as well as "Fast" checked under "redraw frequency". You must press "test" Set to 38400bps.

301 - 320 of 342 Posts