Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

281 - 300 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Any idea on how to fix this?
I have had this a few times with MES 4.5 and even the Multiplex adaptor. It is usually due to the windows Laptop losing its com port setting. Go through the manual/guide for MES and setup com port correctly. In my case com port was setup but everytime I put the laptop to sleep it would lose the setting. Solution was a windows restart and MES then recognised the port and connected to the modules.

Have you ever been connected via the cables you posted or is this the first attempt? If never connected the it could also be the cables themselves.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That was the first time I’ve tried connecting but I did some more research off the multiecuscan website and it seems like my wire has to me “modified” or else it will not work. I ordered a new wire have to see how that will work out

·
Registered
276 Posts
That was the first time I’ve tried connecting but I did some more research off the multiecuscan website and it seems like my wire has to me “modified” or else it will not work. I ordered a new wire have to see how that will work out
That stinks...
Where are you located?

·
Super Moderator
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
How is any of that different to the older cars?
(apart from the graphics)
Oh wait, I was all excited that it was customizable I never considered that it was just a static image showing the predefined settings.

Carry on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just watched M. Perry's video on RACE MODE install, and had a question - at the end, his odometer is still blinking. How is that resolved?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello guys.
Im finally activate Race mode.

Just buy Multiecuscan 4.5 MULTIPLEXED and it solve my problem :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone been able to do this successfully in a 2017 Q4 Ti Sport with the cold weather package? I have read through both discussions and am having issues. Dealer just installed new infotainment (68446430AA) and updated ETM software to 085.000.046. It seems no matter what I do, unless I flash back to stock, the odometer flashes and I fail the proxi alignment. I am using MES 4.5 Registered, stardiag green cable and the blue and grey cables from alfissimo.

I get an error message while flashing using the elm cable that gave me a dtcm prosci error, when I switch to the blue cable (following the prompt) I get an error for each module that states "failed! time out error", when I switch to the grey cable everything flashes successfully and I have no issues. I have ensured the steering angle is at 0 before and after the flash and have completed the calibrations in the ABS module before and after.

It seems like others may be having this same issue so I don't think it is the cable, but I am no expert on this stuff.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I believe I purchased a faulty grey cable when doing the proxi alignment it fails and I am unable to connect to the ABS module. Is it time to order a new set of cables?

281 - 300 of 313 Posts