Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

261 - 280 of 313 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
No, not the Alfissmo module. The regular q4 is not awd all the time. My guess is that the QV Q4 acts differently in different modes. I have 0 actual data on it but that would be like other manufacturers.
I'm sure it acts exactly the same, the difference being the stability and traction control levels.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
No, not the Alfissmo module. The regular q4 is not awd all the time. My guess is that the QV Q4 acts differently in different modes. I have 0 actual data on it but that would be like other manufacturers.
Quadrifoglio does not have awd. It only comes in rwd.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I got ec phase 2 dual map, now I got CC and car is going as on D mode... The same times, so I dont think so that CC and EC changes engine mode.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G973F przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
22 Posts
ABS/TC off Dongle

Slightly off topic but found this today on the Squadra Tuning website. A different take on how to turn off traction control. Anyone heard of this method? Effectively plugging a dongle into the OBD2 port which when DNA selector is in D turns off ALL electronic aids, ABS included.

·
Super Moderator
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
ABS/TC off Dongle

Slightly off topic but found this today on the Squadra Tuning website. A different take on how to turn off traction control. Anyone heard of this method? Effectively plugging a dongle into the OBD2 port which when DNA selector is in D turns off ALL electronic aids, ABS included.
Yep, known about that for a while. ABS is too important IMO.

The device is basically enabling Dyno / Rolling Bench mode that is accessible using Multiecuscan.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Does the dongle affect anything else? I've been thinking of picking it up for some track days. I'm not too terribly concerned with losing ABS there.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Does the dongle affect anything else? I've been thinking of picking it up for some track days. I'm not too terribly concerned with losing ABS there.
Previous discussed: depending on your skill level ABS will save your tires from flat spotting on the track.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you follow the link to the squadra website it details everything the dongle turns off. It is pretty much all electronic driving aids

·
Registered
53 Posts
No ABS? Just don't use the brakes :)
Duh, everyone knows the fastest lap times are the guy who slowed down the least. ;)
If you follow the link to the squadra website it details everything the dongle turns off. It is pretty much all electronic driving aids
Yes, I've read, I can understand what it does and how it works, I was just asking if maybe someone who had it experienced 'unintended effects' or something like that.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Duh, everyone knows the fastest lap times are the guy who slowed down the least. ;)

Yes, I've read, I can understand what it does and how it works, I was just asking if maybe someone who had it experienced 'unintended effects' or something like that.
The side affects are outlined in their site as well. I vaguely remember reading that if you have adaptive suspension it goes into a very very stiff mode. Also, real race mode the ESC isn't truly "disabled", I know from a couple poor lines I took. I also know if never take my QV on the track with no ABS, as you get no pedal feel as it is, and these brakes do some strange things when pushed hard.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The side affects are outlined in their site as well. I vaguely remember reading that if you have adaptive suspension it goes into a very very stiff mode. Also, real race mode the ESC isn't truly "disabled", I know from a couple poor lines I took. I also know if never take my QV on the track with no ABS, as you get no pedal feel as it is, and these brakes do some strange things when pushed hard.
I don't have the adaptive suspension, so I'd be fine there. And lack of pedal feel is unfortunate, but I can work around that. I'd rather have that than ESC cramping my style.

What strange things do they do when pushed hard? I can see the electronics getting all nervous without ABS.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I don't have the adaptive suspension, so I'd be fine there. And lack of pedal feel is unfortunate, but I can work around that. I'd rather have that than ESC cramping my style.

What strange things do they do when pushed hard? I can see the electronics getting all nervous without ABS.
Well, under threshold braking on the track, the rear of my QV likes to "wiggle" or "drift" a bit and you can feel the car correcting it somehow. I don't know how it would behave with systems truly disabled, and would hate to find out at 150mph.

·
Registered
68 Posts
That dongle needs an extension anyways, like a 90 degree OBD2 extension so the dongle can be hidden somewhere. If not, it can easily get knocked while turning, then suddenly ABS turns on for the understeer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That dongle needs an extension anyways, like a 90 degree OBD2 extension so the dongle can be hidden somewhere. If not, it can easily get knocked while turning, then suddenly ABS turns on for the understeer.
Oh, you're right. I just went and looked at it, and it just kinda sticks out there, doesn't it? Even with a wire extension, it protrudes just enough I would be worried about hitting it and knocking it loose. Guess that seals the deal for the Race Mode conversion.

261 - 280 of 313 Posts