Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

241 - 260 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
The square setup is pretty hilarious for this car. I still can't believe they didn't include a button. The rear of the car is so easy to get going and you can easily feel it coming.

·
Super Moderator
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Does it cut power when turning in sharp?
Haven't really tried because that is not conducive to moving. I've probably only had it at 5/8 - 3/4 turn from straight and didn't notice any cut. That may not be a function of the stability control or traction control, that may be a safety feature that keeps the CV joints on Q4's from being over stressed at high angles.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I can spin and get the car sideways if done right in either mode. Truth is neither shuts it off, just cuts the nannies back. I think.
although I have Q4 so perhaps it’s just getting traction. I’ll have to try in the rain or snow.
regardless if the wheel is cut too sharply it cuts power, which annoys me.
I have a Q2 and can do donuts on Dry asphalt and drift the car with byte 88 set to EC. Definitely no power cut.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can spin and get the car sideways if done right in either mode. Truth is neither shuts it off, just cuts the nannies back. I think.
although I have Q4 so perhaps it’s just getting traction. I’ll have to try in the rain or snow.
regardless if the wheel is cut too sharply it cuts power, which annoys me.
It should be just because you have a Q4. I can get mine sideways now but with all wheel drive it definitely likes traction haha. Its snowing where i live right now and TC is definitely off i can assure you of that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Video posted by TheFallen8598 says Type 2 is Race mode but TC is not off. Type 3 is Race mode with TC off. See Minute 9 onwards. This is at odds with what you have explained above. I know N and D both have the same full power/boost, however both throttle and Transmission mapping are different. D shifting is more 'highly strung' i.e. holds higher revs for longer. Are we saying you get N transmission shifting map now is N, D and Race? I actually prefer the N TCM mapping.
No all transmission shifting maps should be normal. A is still A, N is still N and D is for D and Race mode.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So if i have everything and just need to program it vie multiecuscan, which version do i have to buy? will the free one work or would i have to buy the 50 euros one?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
So if i have everything and just need to program it vie multiecuscan, which version do i have to buy? will the free one work or would i have to buy the 50 euros one?
You have to buy the 50 euro one, and you'll also need the grey and blue adapter cables (and a usb ODB2 reader).

·
Registered
463 Posts
One question which I am not clear about. Does the Race DNA switch have the middle suspension button for adaptive damping? I have normal suspension and don't want this button. Is it possible to purchase and install the Race mode switch without adaptive damping button?

·
Registered
411 Posts
One question which I am not clear about. Does the Race DNA switch have the middle suspension button for adaptive damping? I have normal suspension and don't want this button. Is it possible to purchase and install the Race mode switch without adaptive damping button?
Yes.
No.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Some older switches were able to be modded by adding a resistor and cutting a stop.
And some added a resistor and push button in lieu of changing the switch.

·
Registered
50 Posts
it will if you have the adaptiove suspension and an upgraded module, not sure what it's called.
No, not the Alfissmo module. The regular q4 is not awd all the time. My guess is that the QV Q4 acts differently in different modes. I have 0 actual data on it but that would be like other manufacturers.

241 - 260 of 313 Posts