Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who hasn't seen this minor facelift Stellantis recently showed off I think they look stunning .
I'm a little skeptical they'll come to North America given that the NHTSA just recently allowed adaptive headlights and doubtful it could be easily done.
But I can hope. Maybe some one has some info on what it takes retrofitting adaptive headlights in a car that didn't come with them.

· Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q2
223 Posts
We won’t know for a bit, but my guess is that they will fit, but not all functions will work. People might fix that however. It’s tempting to buy a 2020-2021 QV then retrofit it since you get the analog gauges and better interior options.

· Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
167 Posts
I want those headlights as well. Already emailed Alfissimo to get ready to order them for me, if they can be retrofitted, when/if they are available. Maybe I'll trade mine in for a 2023.5 Competizione model.

· Registered
2020 Q4 Ti Sport
73 Posts
In doing a side-by-side comparison edit for perspective, I dig the new headlight style. (I also recognize that lighting between the night/daytime photos may not help, though it was fast and easy to do!)

It makes the face of the car look a little more confident and slightly less smile-y. Once the new headlights/taillights are in further production and assuming it's mostly plug-and-play (considering the usual desire for cost savings and lessened work for engineers plus owner maintenance), it's easily another mod on my eventual todo list!
Car Vehicle Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
'20 Ti-Sport Carbon Q4 Rosso Comp
1,021 Posts
does anyone know how they'd look with highbeams and turn signal?
would it be animated like audi? or would be just switch back like bmw?
i'm asking because turn-on has sequential animation so it's possibility i think.
if the light output is significantly better, i want to upgrade as well regardless how it looks.

· Registered
33 Posts
I guess it will likely be possible, but not very straightforward or a simple swap:
The new one seems mechanically identical (shape, size) and so could probably fit as a simple replacement.
The wiring will likely not change since it is a hassle to do so. And since there's likely no need for that either.
The Bosch camera system we currently have seems to support matrix LED lighting.

The difficulty resides in that we may have to flash new firmware for several of our existing systems (DASM?, BCM?,ETM? perhaps) And also it might be tightly coupled with the new instrument cluster.

· Registered
2022 Giulia Veloce Q4
248 Posts
Would be a huge waste of money, if the headlights are that important to you, trade-in.

· Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,902 Posts
I'm in the camp of liking the old style. New style reminds me too much of bummer angel eyes. But I agree that the chipmunk look is now gone, but that's also due different hood lines

· Registered
5,963 Posts
These will prolly set you back $4-5k for a set. Is that really worth it? Do you see your own headlights while driving? Is it that dark where you live that you would need a few extra lumens while driving to bed bath beyond. Seems like a very expensive and virtually useless upgrade. Like others said just trade car in and get new one. It’s most likely A similar dollar loss and you’ll gain all headlight functions.

· Registered
1,625 Posts
if it will be possible to retrofit them having full functionality then it's worth every penny.
you can see what these headlights can do on Maserati and Tonale:

· Registered
6 Posts
I think the light units will fit, however interfacing them may be problematic and require module changes. As with everything like this, I have no doubt somebody, somewhere will figure it out,.......but at a cost. Only time will tell.

· Registered
2022 Giulia Veloce Q4
248 Posts
It's more ridiculous to spend 4K to retrofit headlights on a car worth 30K, that would add zero value to the car.

· Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
167 Posts
It's more ridiculous to spend 4K to retrofit headlights on a car worth 30K, that would add zero value to the car.
No more ridiculous than adding wheels, audio, or cosmetic add ons. You never get out what you put in, it's always a money pit if/when you sell. The beauty of floating ones own boat, or whatever catchy phrase best suits you.
Spend your money on what makes you happy.
These new lights are on the top of my mod list, if doable.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts