Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice that the the steering wheel for the qv heats up everywhere but where the cf inserts go if you had the cf wheel?

I have the regular wheel but my theory is they that only build one heating element and they don't want to heat the cf portion so that section on the all leather wheel doesn't heat up.

Either that or my wheel's heater has been broken since day one

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine too, the entire wheel heats up every little except for the inside of the bottom of the wheel where the CF pieces are on the CF wheel. The rest of it gets really warm

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,943 Posts
In my Ti the bottom spoke of the wheel gets alarmingly hot while the hand grips above the upper spokes get nicely warm. I dunno about elsewhere, why would I put my hands there?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I grip the bottom half often when I'm cruising

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,511 Posts
In my Ti the bottom spoke of the wheel gets alarmingly hot while the hand grips above the upper spokes get nicely warm. I dunno about elsewhere, why would I put my hands there?
Yep, same here. Actually mine gets hot, like reeeally hot at 11 and 1. Depending on how cold it is outside, you may see me grabbing. LOL what driving education?

·
Registered
523 Posts
On my TI the wheel is uniformly warm.

MY2019

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sometimes it is real warm, others it's like it isn't even on. Seat warmers are pretty weak too. Do they operate based on outside temp or something?

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,511 Posts
Sometimes it is real warm, others it's like it isn't even on. Seat warmers are pretty weak too. Do they operate based on outside temp or something?
It could have something to do with the level of charge on your battery. it will shut down non-essential items if power is low. Seats are always weak though.

Reactions: Kingsfan17

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine is uniformly warm too except for the inner area where the CF portion would be on the CF qv wheel.

can anyone with a standard qv wheel confirm their behavior?

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,511 Posts
Mine is uniformly warm too except for the inner area where the CF portion would be on the CF qv wheel.

can anyone with a standard qv wheel confirm their behavior?
Standard wheel (Ti Sport?) hard part on the lower sections do not heat up. only the soft outer parts.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Standard wheel (Ti Sport?) hard part on the lower sections do not heat up. only the soft outer parts.
That's what I thought and was looking for. Thanks Jesse

Reactions: JeFizz

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,511 Posts
That's what I thought and was looking for. Thanks Jesse
Heat soak will eventually warm it up, but it takes a while... especially when it's -4F outside. LOL

Reactions: Avnyc11
1 - 13 of 13 Posts