Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I placed an order for a 2018 Quadrifoglio on July 15. All the options except the carbon brakes. Any idea when I can expect it to arrive? I was hoping by November.

I live in Florida BTW

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey guys, I placed an order for a 2018 Quadrifoglio on July 15. All the options except the carbon brakes. Any idea when I can expect it to arrive? I was hoping by November.

I live in Florida BTW
Hi Robie, What did your Dealer tell you? I ordered my Quad in mid August and was told it was a 3-4 months till it is delivered. I have heard that it could be as soon as 2 months, but since the plant was shut down for most of August I'm thinking November at the earliest.

·
Registered
58 Posts
For a comparison, my order was submitted on July 26th, and as of today it still shows a code of BX - Good Order Available for Scheduling. It has a VON but no VIN

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I live in Florida BTW
Hi Robie, What did your Dealer tell you? I ordered my Quad in mid August and was told it was a 3-4 months till it is delivered. I have heard that it could be as soon as 2 months, but since the plant was shut down for most of August I'm thinking November at the earliest.
My dealer told me 4-8 months. I had a VON the day I placed the order and I asked the sales man to call me once it gets a VIN which he hasen't yet.

How much did you guys put down? They made me put $5k down

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,633 Posts
For a comparison, my order was submitted on July 26th, and as of today it still shows a code of BX - Good Order Available for Scheduling. It has a VON but no VIN
How did you get the code? I contacted ARUSA chat and they told me in no uncertain terms that AR order codes are proprietary with no chance that I will get the actual code.

For my Q4 order they told me to expect it to take 1 month for them to gather the parts. IMO, some odd logistics going on in that case.

·
Registered
58 Posts
How did you get the code? I contacted ARUSA chat and they told me in no uncertain terms that AR order codes are proprietary with no chance that I will get the actual code.

For my Q4 order they told me to expect it to take 1 month for them to gather the parts. IMO, some odd logistics going on in that case.
Well - thats interesting. My dealer just grabbed a screen print from their order system and emailed it to me

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Hehe, I just checked with my dealer. No new info. ARCares says Out to port for shipping. May or may not be on board a ship right now. I got a printout of my VON and easy order sheet. Then got my VIN from my sales rep. Then Build sheet through servlet. My build sheet has a few extra codes for region, sold vehicle, order tracking, production evaluation run. Price range P which I guess means premium. I put down $2K and they were still talking about markup. I emailed them shortly afterward to indicate MSRP. We'll see what happens. Lots of classy options around here to bail if they ask any more over my deposit even. I can still walk and be ahead it that's the case.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hehe, I just checked with my dealer. No new info. ARCares says Out to port for shipping. May or may not be on board a ship right now. I got a printout of my VON and easy order sheet. Then got my VIN from my sales rep. Then Build sheet through servlet. My build sheet has a few extra codes for region, sold vehicle, order tracking, production evaluation run. Price range P which I guess means premium. I put down $2K and they were still talking about markup. I emailed them shortly afterward to indicate MSRP. We'll see what happens. Lots of classy options around here to bail if they ask any more over my deposit even. I can still walk and be ahead it that's the case.
Can you get your deposit back once the car arrives!?

I'm paying MSRP plus a very good price for my trade in.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You may be surprised at how quickly it arrives. I ordered my QV with all options - except seats - on March 18 The car was delivered to me on May11. The updates my dealer provided were generally not accurate ...the car was ahead of the updates. I ordered from Ganley AR in Bedford, Ohio. Paul Mezzacappo was the sales rep.

·
Registered
118 Posts
the dealer and the manufacturer and the shippers and ports ought to be able to talk and give accurate info. I placed order in May and continue to be told by dealer car will be here in september....lol its september.... i getting frustrated waiting !

·
Registered
2,257 Posts

I live in Florida BTW
robbie,
I too ordered a Giulia (Ti) in early July. I was told to expect Oct-Nov delivery. My dealer rep contacted me in August with a JB status. Car built and waiting in Italy for shipment. Just yesterday, my dealer rep updated me that it is on a ship in transit to the east coast port. PA, btw.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i dont trust any of it. My dealer placed an QV order June 9-- had VON and VIN assigned as of then, yet today I am told the car isn't even built. they definitely build customer paid for cars first, and dealer's cars when they can. regardless, the info from order date , VON date , VIN assignment, build date, ship date etc is all random and nonsequitur. i call BS on the whole thing, do not hold your breath. TheQV I ordered in May was supposedly shipped in July, but has yet to appear and no one can tell me where it actually is. Because later they said it was waiting to be shipped. story for being pessimistic.

·
Registered
325 Posts
gentlemen if my build is any indication, on time going to be waiting a while.. after arrives at port about a mouth or two there (my is still there) car was ordered in feb. then when approved for release to dealership going to wait more. my new head game is no delivery arrangement are made and the ETA has changed 4 times in five days. now looking at 0915 delivery but not holding my breathe. going to test drive an AMG BMW and porsche on Sat. tired of being jerked around. completely unacceptable...... sorry to rain on everyones parade .

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I'm tired of the waiting game also.
Which cars specifically are you looking at? Porsche 4 seater is a panamera and AMG lacks passion. M cars are the only viable comparison.....M2, M3, M5?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Isn't there a car nationwide close to your specs? I know there are quite a few Giulias in IL at several dealerships.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I wanted a 2018 QV, with car play... so Was waiting for MY18.. i passed on 2 Competizione cars that became available, but in retrospect, probably should have nabbed one of those MY17.
I drove AMG mercedes-- honestly didn't like it. too much stuff buttons massaging seats and it really didn't drive that great. I Came out of a Macan which I loved, but got bored with, and a 911 turbo in the last several years so I want to try something different.
Currently driving my 1988 190e ( talk about the polar antithesis of a QV) as a daily driver.
I tried to like a Lexus , but its pretty sterile. My last 2 BMWs had issues so may stay away ( shutting down at 35MPH on one, and a 1977 buick ride and feel on our 2013 BMW 3 series with manual transmission that had a long throw and felt anything but sporty). This may sound like heresy but Focus RS or GTI or R model may be on the go see list! That said, probably the best contender is a 3 series BMW.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Am I the only one here who actually doesn't mind waiting? I ordered in early June and haven't gotten any sort of updates or anything on my car. I emailed my dealer once but that was it. Don't get my wrong...I'm very antsy, but I guess I kind of just knew all along that'd it'd get here when it gets here. I suppose I may have a lot more patience for things than I ever realized...haha.

Side note: I have driven my brother's M3. It's a very nice car and all, but it in no way gave me the same feeling as the day I test drove the Quadrifoglio. I've never experienced anything like it. That being said, I get to drive a 488 GTB at Gateway tomorrow for a few laps as a late 30th birthday present from my wife. That may change my previous statement.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.