Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much does your Alfa dealer charge you for an oil and filter change?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Zero

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
From what I remember, $165 sounds about right.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I think I was quoted 350 but that is because it includes the diagnostic etc and they have to take things apart for visual inspection. We have two dealers here so I will call both to get a quote for year 2 since the first one is covered and I am not doing one mid year. I believe the maintenance and oil changes are going to be more on the QV

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think I was quoted 350 but that is because it includes the diagnostic etc and they have to take things apart for visual inspection.
Almost the same i paid for the first oil change. After the first hour passed, i started wondering why it took so long. Then they told me to take a look what they were doing all the time:

Two mechanics controlled the whole car with wheels out, several covers out and they checked a lot of points.

The oil they used was Selenia 0W-40:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Alfa-Romeo-...519246?hash=item1ee23abd4e:g:f08AAOSwGNxbD95E

Best regards
Waldek

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I know the oil change with the first 1 year or 10,000 miles (not a mile over or a day over) is covered under the US basic warranty. If they do anything else I don't know what they charge. I don't know if they charge a different price on the QV vs the other Trims. My guess Yes. Since there is no prepaid maintenance offered by Alfa on the QV or 4C my guess is they cost more for each maintenance. They are not the same engine and assuming it will cost more. I was told 350 and then it goes up for the years for the spark plugs and belts cabin filters etc. The list goes on and on. So not sure we can compare prices across Trims and models

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Almost the same i paid for the first oil change. After the first hour passed, i started wondering why it took so long. Then they told me to take a look what they were doing all the time:

Two mechanics controlled the whole car with wheels out, several covers out and they checked a lot of points.

The oil they used was Selenia 0W-40:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Alfa-Romeo-...519246?hash=item1ee23abd4e:g:f08AAOSwGNxbD95E

Best regards
Waldek

Wheels out. I am guessing they are going to have to take the CCM's off to weigh them since that is how they judge wear. Since they are covered by AR during the first year I will gladly pay the dealer to take them off and weigh and inspect them for any issues so they are caught before the clock runs out. After 1 year you are on your own. What you said makes sense. The servicing dealer told me people don't realize how much work goes into the checks. Sure if all you want is an "oil change" I am sure you can get it done for whatever people are saying 165 etc or do it yourself. We are not equipped for that and we bought the QV knowing we would be paying a lot for annuals. I looked at the manual and asked the servicing local dealer what the costs would be and they told me. The price is the price where you live.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Your dealership just hands out free oil changes huh? I need to go there.
Westbury Alfa/Fiat on Long Island offers free oil changes for every service interval as part of the purchase incentive on a new Alfa. I paid nothing for my 20k mile service. I just need to strategically plan visits back there from Boston every 10k miles.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes Zero. Part of the package when we bought the machine. For the full four years. We are in Alabama and they are a new Fiat, Maserati and Alfa Dealership

·
Registered
340 Posts
What is part of the 20,000 mile service on the Q4? Nice deal regardless
It is mostly inspections, plus the oil change and cabin air filter replacement. The 30k will be some more with spark plug costs and replacing serpentine belt if I actually decide to do those, seems early.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wheels out. I am guessing they are going to have to take the CCM's off to weigh them
No, my car does not have the composite brakes:
I renounced for economic reasons :grin2:
For me it seems cheaper to change steel breaks six times than CCMs once...

The 1st oil change i made after 2000kms (~1300mls) and the following intervals i'll shorten to 10000kms (6000mls) for each change.
Excessive usage at high rpms on the autobahn >:)

Best regards
Waldek

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
It is mostly inspections, plus the oil change and cabin air filter replacement. The 30k will be some more with spark plug costs and replacing serpentine belt if I actually decide to do those, seems early.
The belt is actually recommended at 36,000 miles and required at 4 years. Severe service is 18k/2 years.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The belt is actually recommended at 36,000 miles and required at 4 years. Severe service is 18k/2 years.
You are correct. They consider severe service to be either dusty or cold climate conditions. Considering I live in Boston and don't have a garage to park in I think I qualify for cold climate conditions. My dealer wanted to do the replacement at my 20k service but I declined because the belt is in perfectly good condition. I'll have it inspected again at 30k. My 40k service will coincide with 2 years so I guess that will be my mandated swap unless I do it sooner.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
$123 dealer oil change at Alfa/Maserati dealer

·
Registered
2017 Giulia QV Rosso Competizione
367 Posts
The QV oil is blessed first by the Vatican.
My dealer wants $500 CAD

1 - 20 of 25 Posts