Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to go visit local dealers.
Wanted to check how much did you pay for yours.
I am in Northern California.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
In Northen Cal you probably will be asked to pay $20K over sticker.....

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
321 Posts
screw them!!! shootout side Cali and have car shipped into Cal. i would never pay over MSRP. I would report to dealership that do this, thats just crazy.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I agree there is plenty of inventory my dealer has 2 QV's in stock and another dealer another 20 mins from me has 2 as well. Both of them will sell at or even slightly below MSRP and they can arrange to have it trailer ed to Cali which is probably $1,500-$2,000! No dealer should be marking them up.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
You can order a MY18 QV the way you want it, delivered to your doorstep's, at probably even less than MSRP....... PM if interested
Otherwise, good luck wit California dealers....

·
Registered
170 Posts
Got to love supply and demand, if a dealer can actually sell them for more then that's their prerogative.

Thank freedom for the ability to shop around and chose not to or to make a purchase you're happy with.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Paid MSRP...but then again me & @kanundrum and a couple of other folks here got our cars in Dec. of last year....
But then again we got to play with them longer than you guys>:)
Come to think of it...I only got a discount on a car when I bought my E34 M5 used from the dealer...LOL
otherwise have always paid MSRP for first model year runs...

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
$20K no way!

If I am faced with that I will negotiate but I never heard anything more than 10 when we started talking back in February. I can go to Miller and Herb Chambers too. Nothing in writing except signing off rebates. But I still have ideas to negotiate ;)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
$20K no way!

If I am faced with that I will negotiate but I never heard anything more than 10 when we started talking back in February. I can go to Miller and Herb Chambers too. Nothing in writing except signing off rebates. But I still have ideas to negotiate ;)
John you did negotiate the price before ordering, didn't you?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I paid list for my QV and was fine with that.
I also paid list for my 2004 STi as I was one of the first to get one in the US.
I paid almost list for my ZL1 as well, but got a bit more on my trade...

Just like airline seats - supply and demand.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Check inventory in Illinois there are tons of them. I know Evanston for sure has more than 10 in stock. If it still holds true, they have the cool blue in stock as well.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Check inventory in Illinois there are tons of them. I know Evanston for sure has more than 10 in stock. If it still holds true, they have the cool blue in stock as well.
5 Quads in Stock....are they looking for over MSRP on these?? 3 Trofeo, 1 R/C 1 Misano......

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Not really. The only thing I signed was a Kia order photocopy including the nonrefundable deposit and giving all rebates to the dealer. I sadly ticked the second initial block without reading carefully. I actually entered my info on the form as the "dealer" as well. That was a little odd and may work in my favor. We discussed verbally anywhere from 10 down to 5k markup way back in February as "fair." But I emailed my salesman after I noticed the Rebate box where I initialed. I indicated that I would expect MSRP given the low volume of sales and other options in NE for Quads like Miller and Herb Chambers. My salesman emailed me back saying he sent my thoughts on to his boss or the GM. I met both of them when I ordered and the GM Ron, from Central Auto Group recognized me from somewhere. I bet it was the Ferrari club meetings and cruising the North End. I think Ron might also own a restaurant up there but I am not sure. One of the guys from Strega has been at Ferrari events. So I am prepared for anything up to 10K markup but can walk at 5K. That's twice my deposit and I can put another 2k, which makes 1k less than the markup on another from Miller, and Central can do the service but will lose the sale. It will be hard to know my order is in the showroom but it's something I have to decide at the time. I have some ideas for offers to keep my order and if I can keep it around 5K max, I will be happy. I think I might squeak by at MSRP. They said they had 4 other orders after a couple months of 0.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's crazy!:surprise:

In Germany you don't buy a car with less than 10% discount, except for a few special cars.

Right now you get about 15-18% off the Giulia pricelist (incl. QV), no problem.

:)

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Cool. I suspected as much. My salesman has done a lot and tolerated my hanging out and whatnot so I will keep MSRP as a medium sale but try for a discount. The low turnover the whole spring and early summer seem to back this up. Those "other orders" for Quads may be marketing fiction.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Paid MSRP...but then again me & @kanundrum and a couple of other folks here got our cars in Dec. of last year....
But then again we got to play with them longer than you guys>:)
Come to think of it...I only got a discount on a car when I bought my E34 M5 used from the dealer...LOL
otherwise have always paid MSRP for first model year runs...
I was renting cars for a few months because I had sold my car (too good of an offer to refuse) and I needed the giulia. 2 or 3k would have just gone to rentals etc so I was alright with paying MSRP (No more).

But yea if you can save a few thousand why not...

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Wouldn't Pay MSRP today..

I was renting cars for a few months because I had sold my car (too good of an offer to refuse) and I needed the giulia. 2 or 3k would have just gone to rentals etc so I was alright with paying MSRP (No more).

But yea if you can save a few thousand why not...
Given the availability as it sits...AND if you are willing to take out of dealer stock as there is dealer stock available it seems...I think that sub MSRP is not only reasonable but possible on a Quad right now....IF you want & can custom order, dealer allocations I'm sure will factor into pricing discounts...

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
5 Quads in Stock....are they looking for over MSRP on these?? 3 Trofeo, 1 R/C 1 Misano......
Nah, if you're reasonable and respectful they are good and will probably be very competitive. They're high volume from what I understand considering their size and typically trade with other Alfa dealers.

Reactions: MDriver
1 - 20 of 38 Posts