Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given Alfa's racing heritage, is this something owners actually think about when buying the car?
Curious to find out if QV owners will actually take their car to the track to take advantage of all the available horsepower and handling.
With all the reviews of the QV on track, I would like to find out for myself how it performs.
If you are not going to track the car, why bother to buy the QV model if you aren't going to take advantage of the car's abilities? Why not just get the base or Ti model?
Just wondering what people think.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
I've been a horsepower junkie all of my life. Too much is never enough. Too many friends and acquaintances say "you can only do 65mph, why do you need a car capable of 200mph?"

Well, if they have to ask the question, they will never understand!

Driving in highway traffic is a totally different story when you have over 500hp under your foot vs. a regular commuter car in the 300hp range. It is a totally different experience in carving up traffic. I'm not saying to zig-zag and do lane splitting or drive in an erratic fashion. I mean, when you see an opening, the ability to put a 500hp car anywhere you want in a blink is a possibility. Everyone else in their regular commuter cars lollygags along. When they are not paying attention, hammer down, pass them.

Too many people hanging in the left lanes as well. Sometimes there is only so much space to get around them to the right. The explosiveness of a car with over 500hp and the ability to leave them behind is a must have "feature". Ha.

Can you tell that I have a bit of impatience built into me? LOL

Yes, the car will be used at driver education days. Been teaching people how to be better drivers and learn racing techniques into triple digit speeds for over a decade at this point. Really looking forward to trying the Quadrifoglio out!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I agree with @EricVonHa 100%, except for one thing. In my experience, there's no need to "hammer" the accelerator down. Instead, the 505 horses means that you simply press down firmly and the combination of handling and steering along with the power just puts the car wherever you want it to go almost effortlessly. The car just doesn't seem to be working hard at all.

And, yes, even though I have only been on a track once in my life, that is going to change now that I've bought a QV. Definitely going to try it out once Chicago weather allows.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes, I ordered the Giulia Quadrifoglio because I wanted a road car that I can track. I do a track day every 2 months and around 30,000 road miles per year. I don't want a full-on track car with roll cage and stripped interior, I want to keep the car largely stock. I drive the car to and from the track.

The Alfa fits my requirements perfectly. There are very few cars that offer 4 seats and both on-road comfort and prestige, and equal track ability. Nissan GT-R, Porsche 911, BMW M3/4. And now the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I certainly will be doing some CHIN events with mine. Looking forward to comparing it lap time wise to several bench marks at Road Atlanta.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I hope I get one in time to get a few days in this year. Should be a great car to drive to the track and back, even ones a few hours away like VIR or mid-Ohio for me.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Just a thought......
If you are going to seriously track the car, you might want to invest in track pads and and better brake fluid, unless you want to experience brake fade.....
Enjoy and post videos!

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
my biggest concern about the QV brakes at the track is the modulation. they take a bit to get used too. they stop fantastic though...just need to find the right rhythm.
I am hoping that they are better than the F80 brakes at the track...at any rate....no matter what...after a couple of track days....pads & motul...
Regards
M

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Between the Silverstone, White and Rosso, these are the must have colors in my opinion. The darker colors totally kill the visual of the curves of the car and cause the carbon fiber exterior bits to fade into not being obvious. I really like the contrast of the lighter colors to the carbon fiber and black trim pieces.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Between the Silverstone, White and Rosso, these are the must have colors in my opinion. The darker colors totally kill the visual of the curves of the car and cause the carbon fiber exterior bits to fade into not being obvious. I really like the contrast of the lighter colors to the carbon fiber and black trim pieces.
Only car ever that white has been my favorite.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts