Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you picked it up?
Was it an ordered vehicle or did you buy off the showroom?

I have seen on dealer sites from 10 to 45 miles and was just wondering how many are actually put on the vehicle at the factory and during transport...... and if any are from test drives.....

·
Registered
249 Posts
My general feeling is that it should be definitely less than 15-30 miles. I would imagine most dealerships are not going to let anyone test drive the QV unless you already have put a down on it. Just my thoughts.......

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
My general feeling is that it should be definitely less than 15-30 miles. I would imagine most dealerships are not going to let anyone test drive the QV unless you already have put a down on it. Just my thoughts.......
not so much give test drives...but I would not put it past the owner/manager to take it for a short spin...
my luck was having it delivered on Dec. 24th. time of year & road conditions did not allow for any joy rides...

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts
Mine has a sticker on the driver's door window about being evaluated (or something to the effect). I'll post an image later.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
only 8 BABY!!
Awesome! I had 10 miles on my ordered Jeep SRT and it only came from Detroit instead of Cassino!

I am guessing that if yours arrived with 8 miles on, anything much more than that should be frown upon, especially if it has been a customer ordered vehicle......

When I order mine I will make sure to tell them no more than 7 miles on when I pick it up.......:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
There were high 20 miles on mine when it came out of the wrapper. Had not been driven by anyone in the USA other than the dealer's master-tech for the PDI. He drove 6-7 miles to verify that all systems were a "go". Picked up the car with 34 miles on it.

Basically, the first 20-ish miles were driven in Italy.

Curious if anyone else's Quadrifoglio had less than 30 miles on it when they un-wrapped it?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MDriver's had only 8 miles on it...... he must have connections............ lol

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,838 Posts
there should be a H letter in front of the mileage when they are new

its to allow for dealer deliveries, test runs etc so that when you get it should be zero

my 159 had H80 or so when i bought it brand new, when i drove it to 80 klms it went to zero

maybe they have done away with that or have a different speedo supplier which would account for everyone having a plus reading

mine was 28klms

has anybody seen a H ?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Mine is not a QV and was not a special order, but I bought my Ti right off the dealer's lot and it had 36 miles on it. 15 of them were from my test drive.

·
Registered
31 Posts
17 - on arrival
22 - after filling up and PDI

now - 390 (got it monday and drove 180mi home, then any time its not raining i take it instead of S3.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Mine had 64 miles on it. It now has 3700 miles on it. Zero Issues.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I took delivery on December 23rd and The vehicle had 48 miles on it. I had asked the manager as to make sure no hooning happened. He said they were delivered the vehicle with 41 miles on it and they drove 7 miles for gas fill up and to make sure car was good for delivery. I had mentioned how weird that the vehicle had so many miles but he insisted he talked with corporate and they said people at the port were doing long road tests to make sure they were good to go.

Go figure lol. Granted I haven't had any issues besides a body clip/panel popping out and I was one of the 1st few deliveries along with a few others on the forum so I am sure they were wanting to make sure it was right.

Current Mileage 5500

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Which one is more fun?
S3 vs QV?

If I may.....

It's like comparing a 500 Abarth to Giulia Ti, both fun but the Alfa has lots more juice and better handling.......

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
MDriver's had only 8 miles on it...... he must have connections............ lol
I wish....I will offer this up as a possible explanation.
My car was delivered by itself to the dealer in an enclosed trailer wrapped with that white burlap covering....it was rolled off the flat bed...started and parked in the garage...from where it did not move until they filled the tank when I picked it up...

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts
Mine has a sticker on the driver's door window about being evaluated (or something to the effect). I'll post an image later.
Here it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
I wish....I will offer this up as a possible explanation.
My car was delivered by itself to the dealer in an enclosed trailer wrapped with that white burlap covering....it was rolled off the flat bed...started and parked in the garage...from where it did not move until they filled the tank when I picked it up...
White gloves delivery :grin2:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts