Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Curious how many miles you get on your Giulia 2.0 for a full tank?

I have about 750 miles and cannot break 300-325. Is this normal?

On my 3rd fill up, i got 19mpg average

·
Super Moderator
2,778 Posts
15.x gallon tank at about 28MPG = 420 miles

I don't pay attention to how many miles I actually get out of a tank, I fill up when it gets to about 1/4 tank.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I had a thread on this. Depends in driving style. When I was commuting to Westchester, I got about 250-270

When I wasn't commuting anymore, and only driving in the city, it dropped to about 200

·
Registered
974 Posts
2.0 Ti Q4. 90% city driving. 60% at 70MPH in both "A" and "N". The rest of the time may be faster, slower and sometimes in "D". About 24-25MPG average. Normally 360 miles per tank.

·
Registered
267 Posts
My "RWD" Giulia is so great on gas (how great is it ?), I need to take gas out when I get to my destination. ;)

Seriously though, I can get around 550 miles on a tank on the freeway driving at 75 mph in A mode on cruise, and frequently accelerating to 85 mph. I couldn't be more impressed, especially for a car with the balls this one has.

·
Super Moderator
2,778 Posts
My "RWD" Giulia is so great on gas (how great is it ?), I need to take gas out when I get to my destination. ;)

Seriously though, I can get around 550 miles on a tank on the freeway driving at 75 mph in A mode on cruise, and frequently accelerating to 90mph. I couldn't be more impressed, especially for a car with the balls this one has.
Diesel?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Seriously though, I can get around 550 miles on a tank on the freeway driving at 75 mph in A mode on cruise, and frequently accelerating to 85 mph. I couldn't be more impressed, especially for a car with the balls this one has.
You must be driving all freeway...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Man, 19mpg average, is that with US gallon?
That's what I get with my QV if I drive this car in A or N mode normal. Using Max power in highway entrance only. It's very hard to stay off f
If I drive my car how I like, i'd get around 16 though.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
I am seeing about 400 miles and averaging around 28 mpg. The best I have ever gotten was 34.3 mpg. I think that when the car is new, you need to learn how to drive it. Early on I was only seeing 17 mpg but after using this forum, I learned to extend that range a lot. First off, use an app like Fuelly. This will accurately track your mileage and give you a great cost analysis of your fuel consumption. It also has a lot of other cool tools and it gives you really accurate data. The mileage tracked in the Giulia is fluctuates too much and can mislead you.

Next, drive using the A and D mode consistently. Ignore N. When you want character and performance for times like driving on country roads or passing, you keep the car in D. When you are cruising along and in traffic, use A. You can flip back and forth and you'll find that over time, you'll see a steady increase in your mileage. I try to be responsible with my fuel consumption and stay in A mode when D mode is kind of useless.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
The LCD in the middle of the cluster has a nice little dot that gives you your mpg average along with how your driving is. I recently clocked over 32mpg average on a ridiculously long drive over 3 days, of which I ended up almost touching 36mpg average for one of the 3 days. That said, my overall average is about 25mpg and my miles per full tank reflect roughly that (it seems to calculate empty at about a gallon and some). But honestly, the way the car is built, we should be driving at about 20mpg at best! :D

Reactions: Johnny

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On the freeway i have no problem getting 27mpg+. Im going to see how this tank goes, it would be my 4th fillup. I have not driven it in A the whole tank either..but was curious what some of you were getting.

·
Registered
267 Posts
No sir !

However, being RWD and having it on cruise most of those miles, is likely the reason for the great fuel consumption. Furthermore, and even though the miles to MT is not the most accurate, my miles driven and miles to empty, indicates I should get over 600 miles. As I said earlier, in certain situations I push it pretty hard, especially in and around major cities. I love this car !!!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Sounds about right... don't let it run low, as that can cause fuel starvation issues.
Fill it up when you get at 1/4.

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
I have gone over 400 miles on a tank with my NAFTA spec Q4 but typically need to fill up in the 250-300 mile range (9-10 gallons) in order to ensure that I have enough fuel to get to the next acceptable quality fuel station.

Leaving a gas station and heading directly up a 65MPH zone 6% uphill grade I still get reported 13MPG at the top. The car is in 6th most of the time. I do not understand getting 12MPG with a 2.0T on the road.

I get about 23-24MPG in town. I drive conservatively in town--too many idiots, too many hazards. Driving my wife's gutless Crosstrek the same way, I get 22MPG in it.

Freeway cruising I get 29-31MPG, depending on the speed. Crosstrek gets a little better at 32-33MPG, similar speed, same road.

Spirited driving driving in the mountains I get 16MPG by myself and 21MPG with the wife in the car <go figure>. Don't forget the barf bag in the glove box.

Someday I may figure out how to borrow a extended range Tesla 3 and see if it can even make my regular 210 mile drive on a single charge. I guess I'll need a chase vehicle and driver too...

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
And don’t forget that a “quarter tank” certainly isn’t.

Average between 24 and 26, all D, mixed suburban and freeway. Looking to gas up around 275-300 usually. If I know my plans, the area and have a good discount somewhere, will risk seeing the red...otherwise, 1/4 = E.

Reactions: lockem
1 - 20 of 47 Posts