Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't tell you how many are physically in the country, but I do know how many US-market Giulias have been built. As of this week, the number is over 14k units. About 10% of them are Quadrifoglios. Over 10k US-spec Stelvios have been built up to the same date.
i heard a number yesterday that sounded a little low only 800 QV in the USA . but if you say about 10% are Qvs' then maybe that number is not that far off. :grin2:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Whatever the number is, it will change as soon as the MY18 arrive.....

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I can't tell you how many are physically in the country, but I do know how many US-market Giulias have been built. As of this week, the number is over 14k units. About 10% of them are Quadrifoglios. Over 10k US-spec Stelvios have been built up to the same date.
The numbers I gave include all MY18 production to date.
So those of us with 2017 models are in a pretty exclusive club. I like it! :smile2:

Where else would US-market models go?

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
I think 800 is a little high for the moment. That might be a total production number or US market over 8 years. I heard numbers like 70-80 back in March. It's probably more than that now. I think an estimate of about 2 or so per state is a good start. I have seen more than 3 here in MA but at least one of those came from Miller in CT. 2 were sold through Central, and at least 2 from Herb Chambers.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I think 800 is a little high for the moment. That might be a total production number or US market over 8 years. I heard numbers like 70-80 back in March. It's probably more than that now. I think an estimate of about 2 or so per state is a good start. I have seen more than 3 here in MA but at least one of those came from Miller in CT. 2 were sold through Central, and at least 2 from Herb Chambers.
According to MacGeek the total QV built for US so far is approximately 1300-1400 units. Not sure how many MY18 are included in that number, but obviously they are not here yet, so how many QV are in USA today? My guess would be more then 1000 since there is no way that they built 300-400 QV in the months of July and September (in August the plant was shut down for holiday).

Again, this is just my speculation, feel free to add your estimates.......:grin2:

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
So 1300-1400 comes from the percentage numbers? And that is only US and not worldwide? How many Giulias total have been built? It's clear that the numbers are higher than 100, or maybe 800 is pretty close, with 1400 being more than 50% higher than before.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Sales vs 164

What is for sure is that the Giulia, in its first full year of sales here in the US, will have outsold all 6 years that the 164 was for sale in the US....According to the "carsalesbase" web site, 164 sales totaled 6909 from 1990 - 1995 and Giulia sales for 2017 (since Jan) = 5495....extrapolated over 12 months = 8242 (and that includes a couple of clunker months in the beginning of the year).....with the current sales momentum Giulia sales should easily pass 10,000 units by year's end....

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
So those of us with 2017 models are in a pretty exclusive club. I like it! :smile2:

Where else would US-market models go?
Total US-market MY2017 Giulia production is ~10.7k units. Of those, a bit less than 1k are Quadrifoglios. Numbers just for USA - Canada and Mexico excluded.

I think 800 is a little high for the moment. That might be a total production number or US market over 8 years. I heard numbers like 70-80 back in March.
Way off. ~270 US-market Quadrifoglios had been built as of March 1st. On average, each month the factory builds between 150 and 200 US-market Quadrifoglios. Over 350 MY2018 US-market Quadrifoglios have been built to date.

So 1300-1400 comes from the percentage numbers? And that is only US and not worldwide? How many Giulias total have been built?
Worldwide Giulia production from Job 1 to date (excluding pre-production) is ~62k units, ~5k of which are Quadrifoglios (and within those, <1k are manuals).

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Total US-market MY2017 Giulia production is ~10.7k units. Of those, a bit less than 1k are Quadrifoglios. Numbers just for USA - Canada and Mexico excluded.

Way off. ~270 US-market Quadrifoglios had been built as of March 1st. On average, each month the factory builds between 150 and 200 US-market Quadrifoglios. Over 350 MY2018 US-market Quadrifoglios have been built to date.

Worldwide Giulia production from Job 1 to date (excluding pre-production) is ~62k units, ~5k of which are Quadrifoglios (and within those, <1k are manuals).
OK great, so to eliminate confusion, the high estimate for US Quads per year so far is up to 2400?

~270 2017s by March 2017
~2550 total to date
~350 2018s to date

I think I heard the 80 figure from a Herb Chambers rep back in March or so. He may have meant per month, which is not far off but a little low per month. 2400 Quads per model year in the US is not too bad. Not huge but not extremely rare.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
What I gave is production data, and it's not an estimate.

Total production for MY2017 US-Market Quadrifoglios is ~1k units. ~270 of which had been built as of March 1st 2017.

~350 MY2018 US-Market Quadrifoglios have been built so far (since early July).

Therefore, combined US-Market Quadrifoglio production (17+18) at this point in time is ~1.3/1.4k units.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts

Total production for MY2017 US-Market Quadrifoglios is ~1k units. ~270 of which had been built as of March 1st 2017.

Therefore, combined US-Market Quadrifoglio production (17+18) at this point in time is ~1.3/1.4k units.
Besides Quads, is there a breakdown of how many are base models, how many are Ti models, and how many are Q4 models? BTW thanks for taking the time to find out all this info!

·
Registered
3,602 Posts

Thanks MacGeek. Like I alluded to in my previous post/question, I am looking to eliminate confusion. We are using a lot of tildas (~) and ranges of numbers, not down-to-the-digit specifics. So I did not mean "estimate" per se, so much as "range." So these are not estimates but ranges of actual production that we are "averaging" or getting a handle on so to speak. Right?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts