Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
81 - 100 of 158 Posts
May this fate never befall your Giulia, no matter where she is parked.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...d-to-a-crisp/ar-BBJg8T3?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp
Shades of my senior year college apartment dwelling. The management allowed me to park my Norton Commando on the side of a walkway between buildings. When the adjacent apartment dweller got upset with management over something (I never found out what) she set fire to her apartment, about 8' from my precious motorcycle. However, when I pointed at a tank of 6 gallons of gasoline next to the fire, the firefighters were eager to let me unlock the steering and push the bike clear of the fire.

How about simply parked way off at the far end of the lot?
The fob has a range of at least 300', btw.

Attachments

Shades of my senior year college apartment dwelling. The management allowed me to park my Norton Commando on the side of a walkway between buildings. When the adjacent apartment dweller got upset with management over something (I never found out what) she set fire to her apartment, about 8' from my precious motorcycle. However, when I pointed at a tank of 6 gallons of gasoline next to the fire, the firefighters were eager to let me unlock the steering and push the bike clear of the fire.
I value stable neighbors. One of my current neighbors is a Frenchman with a passion for English cars. He's had several Jaguars and now enjoys a 1967 Rolls Royce. Another is a Welshman who prefers SUVs. Such a diverse neighborhood, though presently no motorcycles.

How about simply parked way off at the far end of the lot?
The fob has a range of at least 300', btw.
I try to avoid compact spots, as they usually lack buffer space and large SUVs and pickups aren't shy about parking in them.

I value stable neighbors. One of my current neighbors is a Frenchman with a passion for English cars. He's had several Jaguars and now enjoys a 1967 Rolls Royce. Another is a Welshman who prefers SUVs. Such a diverse neighborhood, though presently no motorcycles.

I try to avoid compact spots, as they usually lack buffer space and large SUVs and pickups aren't shy about parking in them.
It's tough to choose your neighbors. Thus, my mountain property for my retirement years: no neighbors within sight, problem solved.

I had 5 spots to either side empty and that picture was taken at the peak occupancy time of day. The parking lot is very large and it is a fairly long walk from that spot to the building (about 600'). Most of the spots are compact, although note the Tesla S in the upper right corner. I didn't want to park near vegetation with my still curing ceramic coating and get tree sap or sprinkler over-spray (reclaimed water in use!) on it.

I'll go back to riding my bicycle in to work today. I need the exercise and that parking is surrounded by apartment buildings with who-knows-who living there.

I'll go back to riding my bicycle in to work today. I need the exercise and that parking is surrounded by apartment buildings with who-knows-who living there.
Hopefully not bicycle thieves.

Don't see many Prowlers around. You're in nice company!
Prowlers are pretty much a daily sight here during the summer. They're outnumbered by Giulias now, though.

so lets talk about the CF trim on the side skirt! looks good. Where did you get this and how was the install??
It is vinyl film with a CF pattern and was fabricated by Imperial Works in Sacramento, California to my specs. I expect that David could make a set (4 pieces total) for you, but doubt that you want to drive cross country to have him install it. The price was very reasonable.

Besides looking good it adds some extra rock protection to the rockers as the vinyl is moderately thick and fairly easy to replace.

Hopefully not bicycle thieves.
I park my bicycle in a hidy-hole near my cubical, behind locked doors and up 3 flights of stairs.

FWIW: Testing again tonight, the fob worked at about 350-400 feet but did not work at 500 feet. At the distance that it worked at apparently something timed out as the lights were on but the doors were still locked when I got to the car.

Yes, there seems to be a re-lock timer. I've unlocked my car and it's been locked when I got to it five minutes later.

It is vinyl film with a CF pattern and was fabricated by Imperial Works in Sacramento, California to my specs. I expect that David could make a set (4 pieces total) for you, but doubt that you want to drive cross country to have him install it. The price was very reasonable.

Besides looking good it adds some extra rock protection to the rockers as the vinyl is moderately thick and fairly easy to replace.

Ahh! I was wondering that. Couldn’t discern entirely, at first glance it looks like the qv but looking closer it seemed flatter. Either way, it’s a good look for the white. I’m expecting delivery of my ‘18 in a few weeks and local detail shop is going to xpel the rockers as they very quickly get scuffed by the shoe. It’s a lusso with the chrome trim and I was considering a CF pattern vinyl to cover that...

Ahh! I was wondering that. Couldn’t discern entirely, at first glance it looks like the qv but looking closer it seemed flatter. Either way, it’s a good look for the white. I’m expecting delivery of my ‘18 in a few weeks and local detail shop is going to xpel the rockers as they very quickly get scuffed by the shoe. It’s a lusso with the chrome trim and I was considering a CF pattern vinyl to cover that...
That's exactly the effect I was shooting for, so thanks!
I suspect that David could mail you the vinyl and your detail shop could install it, or your detail shop could just copy the design.

Can the chrome window trim simply be removed? I have no idea of how hard it would be to apply a covering to the chrome, that would be a question for your detail shop.

They apparently black out window surroundings all the time. My only worry would be longetivity since it’s such a thin area for coverage.
My pickup truck came stock with gloss black vinyl film on the door window surrounds. This failed after about 2 months (bubbled, peeling around the edges) and the dealer painted it as a warranty repair.

An acquaintance shared this shot from FCA's tech center.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 158 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.