Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

How is your Giulia parked at work?

48K views 157 replies 81 participants last post by  kshitishsoman 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

How is your precious Giulia parked at work? Take pictures and show us. Is it protected from the sun? Do you park many spaces away from the crowded parking lot? Do you park in a garage and park on the highest floor? What measures do you take to avoid door dings?

Below is mine.. I park it between a pillar and an elevator wall on the second to highest floor :wink2: Its parked in a garage during work and at home so it barely sees sunlight. Only for a couple of hours during the weekend.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
In a parking structure. I am kind of surprised there aren't others and am hoping she will have some company soon.

#6 ·
Great spot! :D

Reactions: ibehardnock2001
#7 ·
I have to park in a surface lot, but I'm one of the 1st to work each day (morning radio) so I always park under my office window, next to a co-worker who gets in before me. I would park in the end spot, but it has short palms next to it and when the wind blows I don't want the palm fronds hitting my car. Wish I had covered parking!! At home it is garaged.

Attachments

Reactions: kshitishsoman
#9 ·
My wife is retired, so no work there.
I'm in college, so no work here.

We don't have indoor parking, yet. Working on that. We only have off-street parking for one. The Giulia being the newest gets that only off-street spot putting my 4C on the street. If things work out, in about six months we'll have a new garage with room for three cars.

So, yes, full weather all the time. But hey, she's a car.

#12 ·
How many have braved the potential perils of parking valets?

#13 ·
Don't get me started on that....

The Giulia: Only once so far. The valet gave us a nice compliment and also said this was his first Giulia. He didn't have and problems driving off.

The 4C: I'd rather take my chances parking on the street than tossing the keys to ... pimple faced strangers. The one time I did, the kid that tried to return my car to me couldn't do something and got another valet to drive her to me.

#16 ·
Eeek! I'll stay away from the tree... sap is horrible and the constant oil that certain leafs produce is bad for your paint. Especially if it rains and the water seeps down from the leaves collecting all sorts of bad and dropping on your car.

Wax your car with a good liquid carnauba wax if you must leave it out in the sun. The sun rays will deteriorate the thin wax layer instead of your shiny clear coat. Of course nothing beats having your car in the shade for keeping the new car look the longest.

#17 ·
No door dings

I'm the first one into my building and I take this spot everyday and park it this way everyday.....NO DOOR DINGS...!!!!

Attachments

#19 ·
I'm the first one into my building and I take this spot everyday and park it this way everyday.....NO DOOR DINGS...!!!!
That's serious skill! how many turns to the wheel does it take to get to the center of that parking space?

Miami drivers are as& holes so if they see a car parked like this, they would either purposely park really close to you or go as far as keying the car.

#18 ·
That's pure art. Good for you.

#20 ·
Thank you

1) Turn and back in
2) Turn and go forward
3) Straighten out go back
4) Done

I have had some people get closer than they should...we have a parking lot attendant that looks out for me....Spots are fairly tight and there are many SUV's that park there....Building landlord gave me grief in the beginning...I told him I would move at any time so that someone can access the spot behind me if necessary...

Much easier now with cameras and sensors....with my 164 S, I look at the reflection of the car in the glass vestibule...!!

Reactions: Jeffb99TX
#21 ·
We have a small office and everyone knows how I am about my car so it's normally pretty safe. Today was a special treat, though.

#28 ·
Always nice to see her waiting for me

Let's go for a spirited drive!

Attachments

#34 · (Edited)
It's a car not an infant. Door dings yes, but sunlight? Oh yeah, I have a handicap parking permit due to hip replacement. Nice wide spots, with no parking right next to you.:wink2: People are clueless when it comes to opening car doors.

Reactions: Dr. Klopek
#38 ·
Keeping in mind that this car is parked in Texas, I never have any problem with people parking near me. My office is on the fifth floor with a clear view of the parking lot.

If anybody gets too close, I just put a round through the windshield. Aiming around the light pole can be a little tricky.

:grin2:

#39 ·
"Keeping in mind that this car is parked in Texas, I never have any problem with people parking near me. My office is on the fifth floor with a clear view of the parking lot."

I would never get any work done. I'd be too busy staring at the car all day.

#41 ·
Even though my Giulia Ti is technically cheaper than my other car, Porsche Macan, it's certainly a lot prettier and I circle the parking lot to find just the right spot to avoid dings and tree sap and bird droppings. I shove the macan between two 1980's suburbans without much thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.