Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shouldn't, but I'm toying with the idea of seeing if I can score a really good deal to trade in my (leased) BMW 328d for a Giulia. The 328 is immaculate and under the 1st year miles by 4000 miles (it's a 3-year 54K mile lease).

It would have to be a stupid good deal for me to bite, but I'm trying to line up several life events so that I retire in 2+ years with a car that my employer has helped me pay for (company car plan) plus under 25K miles. In the meantime I can drive my beater if I'm not hauling customers to keep the miles off the Giulia.

So interested to get opinions on how willing dealers are to move cars right now.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Is it possible to get out of a lease with 2 years left ? I know that privately you can "pawn it off" on someone but does that work for a dealer ?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got my 2018 $52335 MSRP Ti for under $45k and then take off another $2500 from rebates. So pretty much $10k off. Fortunately, I'm in Houston and have a few dealers in the city to work with. Some wouldn't negotiate or budge from their numbers.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Is it possible to get out of a lease with 2 years left ? I know that privately you can "pawn it off" on someone but does that work for a dealer ?
Yes it is. I got out of my lease on my Lexus RC with two years left. Browns bought the car from Lexus Financial for the buy out price. They said they would have no trouble selling it at auction.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've been contacting a ton of dealers up and down the east coast.

Some are offering very little off but those willing to deal are giving about 7-8k off and then another $2,750 in rebates.
That's on a Ti with MSRP 46-47k.

Still looking for a little more of discount - 10-11k and then apply rebate.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Holy cow, you drive a hard bargain. I had MSRP of 51140 and final price of 40695, and I thought I did fabulously well.

Some are offering very little off but those willing to deal are giving about 7-8k off and then another $2,750 in rebates.

·
Registered
62 Posts

So you want 20%+ off the car from the dealer, and you want to keep the rebates...are these left over 2017’s? Good luck my friend.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Definitely only want an 18 and as we get closer to the end of year, don't think its that insane. Those discounts/rebates came with just one email.

Someone just posted on leasehackr a 17 Ti with the following:

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Rwd
46140 MSRP
34140 Selling price
24 months/10k
$500 at signing including the first payment
$357/month including tax

·
Registered
279 Posts
We were talking about this on another thread - dealers seem to have fewer cars in stock, some large AF dealer websites I follow have much less stock on hand now. Some have no base or sport cars at all, just Tis. Either there is a big inventory adjustment underway, squeezing the channel back to the factory - or Alfa is going the BMW path - dealers stock fewer cars now, and push everyone into the custom order process. My last BMW lease, I had to order the car, because there wasn't enough stock on hand to wait for the last month of my lease to get the car I wanted for the lease roll.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
This quality dealership just outside of Chicago is advertising deals of at least 15% off MSRP - and that's just the starting point. They show 50 Giulias in stock. When I leased mine a year ago, they were advertising 10% off all in stock cars at a time when other local dealerships were offering minimal discounts and had minimal stock. So there are good deals to be had out there.
They show a Ti Sport in Misano blue for 18% off!
https://www.alfaromeousaofevanston....ex.htm?search=&model=Giulia&gvBodyStyle=Sedan

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got just shy of 20% off my '18 TI Sport...dealers that are carrying a lot of inventory are discounting heavily. Also, many dealers are really just trying to get the cars on the road since they're competing in a market that they're not impacting in the states. My dealer was offering great 2 year lease deals because in two years, they'll have a low mileage, gently used car they can make some more money off of.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts