Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

How hard do you drive your 2.0T Giulia?

2075 Views 49 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  Avnyc11
As the title states, I’d like to get a general idea of how you guys are driving your cars? I drive my car daily and it sees full load/boost and redline multiple times daily. I always wait until it’s warmed up on the temp gauge. But I use dynamic mode and paddles often and run the car through its paces often.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 3
1 - 1 of 50 Posts
Years ago, I used to track our cars a lot, drag racing, all that. Learned a lot from my experience, and some pro instruction. I think the best thing one can learn on a track is one's personal "limits." There are a few winding roads near me, where there is sufficient forward visibility to ensure no one is coming out of their driveway, or rolling thru a stopping, where I enjoy my QV's cornering and handling prowess. I never use Race, as my aging abilities are not sufficient anymore to react to my car about to go off road into the SC trees. I want the safe net of my D driving. I don't think I have ever hit my car's redline, either. The only place I use full throttle is driving thru then accelerating and merging out of Interstate rest stops.

I grew up on British sports cars, TR's, MG's and the like, while my friends had Muscle cars. So I learned that my own maximal enjoyment wasn't raw power, but svelte, precision handling.

I do use all of my now 40+K mile '18 QV's performance envelope, but I don't do dumb (to me) things on the road. My prior two cars were a 427 Superformance Cobra, and a GT3, so I have some experience with superb driver's cars. But I have no desire to damage my Alfa or cause injury to myself or others by hyper aggressive street driving. I have friends who killed themselves when driving beyond their and their car's limits.

Pure power is nice, but carving a perfect line thru a safe corner is sublimely satisfying to me; always has been. Driving a 500 hp, 2000 pound car with a short wheelbase will teach one judicious use of a car's limits pretty quickly. j

Have fun, but be safe... NV
See less See more
Reactions: 5
1 - 1 of 50 Posts