Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spend so much time trying to find how to set the time/date on my Giulia that I gave up and decided to ask the forum. When I first got the car and scrolled through the Systems folder on the Infotainment screen, I remember seeing a line for Time/Date, but now when I realized my car has the wrong date and AM is switched for PM, I want to correct it, but I can't find the menu line to make the change.

The manual says go to Settings/ Time and Date, however when I go to Settings, and push Options, I get Update Software, Update Maps, etc, NOT Time/Date.

Can somebody hold my hand through this?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found it : ) Stupid me, I failed to scroll upward after pushing Systems, instead I just hit Systems as the bottom item on the menu which lead me to update Software, etc.

·
Registered
869 Posts
My clock keeps reverting to the 24 hour format. I change it to 12 hour, and a few days later it's back to 24 hr. Any ideas?
Sounds like your system is "crashing". When mine does it it sets itself to random radio stations, always seems to be Tejano (but that's Houston for you), and sometimes deletes the favorites. I think there is an issue with memory recall and that is part of the firmware update.

What version of the firmware do you have?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sounds like your system is "crashing". When mine does it it sets itself to random radio stations, always seems to be Tejano (but that's Houston for you), and sometimes deletes the favorites. I think there is an issue with memory recall and that is part of the firmware update.

What version of the firmware do you have?
I think the car is up to date,

MV-002.009.043 & TV-002.009.43

·
Registered
787 Posts
I notice mine (has new firmware) set itself to 24 hr mode. will have to check if other settings changed.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Maybe an issue with the new update. I've not had that issue on the 001 generation. Let AlfaCares know here. Engineers can only fix the problems they know about.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
In case you are stuck with 24 hour mode, remember, this is an Italian car and having the time display in 24 hour mode is a nice quirk to remind you of her European roots. Both my Ferraris have had this hard coded. My aftermarket head unit can do both but the dome light clock on the 2004 360 still does 24 hours. ;)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Mine changed automatically.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Mine did not change automatically and will not let me change it. When I go into the menu to change the time the option is greyed out and won't let me select it. It doesn't matter if I'm in park.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Mine did not change automatically and will not let me change it. When I go into the menu to change the time the option is greyed out and won't let me select it. It doesn't matter if I'm in park.

Any suggestions?
If the time is set to sync automatically using GPS, it should display the correct time automatically if you have GPS reception. In this case you cannot set it manualy.
If you switch off the sync with GPS, you can then set the time manualy. see:

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mine reset by itself 3 times in first week. Now it stopped and stays on 12h.

Is this happening still?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts