Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to post images to the forum without an offsite host?

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Yeah I upload one through advance search, that gives a thumbnail but if you want bigger to display, click in the thumbnail and it gives you the URL which you can put in lieu of the external URL.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't see a way to use the advanced search to upload a pic. may I impose on you to tell me how?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I can't see a way to use the advanced search to upload a pic. may I impose on you to tell me how?
If you choose the "Quick reply" option, there is no functionality for adding pics. But there is a "Go advanced" button on the page that will convert you to the "Reply" interface.

Scroll down to the "Additional Options" section on the page, and the second sub-section is "Attach files." Click on the "Manage attachments" button and go from there.

Reactions: Killer

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you choose the "Quick reply" option, there is no functionality for adding pics. But there is a "Go advanced" button on the page that will convert you to the "Reply" interface.

Scroll down to the "Additional Options" section on the page, and the second sub-section is "Attach files." Click on the "Manage attachments" button and go from there.
Alternatively, after selecting the Reply option, at the top of the message field, there is a paperclip icon that will launch the attachments interface.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
'Search' and upload are two different things.

Getting back to the original topic, posting a picture, you asked about how to do this without using an off-site URL. You will need to upload the picture as a thumbnail. The forum will host the picture for you. You will need to start a post, then use the 'Drag and Drop' window just below the text window.

There is an upper limit as to how many thumbnails the forum will allow. I don't know that number offhand, but it's not as large as I'd like it to be. Eventually, it will get filled and you'll be forced to use a third party picture host.

Alternately, you could post pictures into your 'Garage' area that the forum has for you. Since I have not setup my garage, I'll let someone else explain that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi!

When i try to upload a pic i get this:

"The text that you entered is too long (xxxxxxxx cahracters). Please shorten it to 30000 characters long."

Why's that?

Best regards
Waldek

EDIT: Forget it, now i found out how to use the software correctly...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts