Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wave. I do the same thing when I'm on my motorcycle with other bikers. If I don't get a wave back I figure they didn't see me or don't know about the wave.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Flash your lights. I remember well in the 50s and 60s all sports car drivers recognized each other. MG TDS, Triumph TR 2 and 3s, Jaguar 120 to 150s, and me in my 59 Giulietta.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,253 Posts

·
Registered
Pirelli P Zero AR Pirelli Sottozero 3
2,112 Posts
I tend to wave, but it is hard to see a return wave. The few times that someone else has intiated a greeting has been via headlights. I find the paddles to be in the way of the stalk so by the time I get to flash it's too late. haha.

WRXs wave all the time. I'm used to literally every single one waving.

Reactions: TRIGGZ

·
Registered
49 Posts
Flick my lights. If I wave they never seem to notice. See many more women driving Stelvios than any other combo.
So true! Unless it is a Stelvio QV, I don't bother trying to get there attention. Mostly soccer moms driving the Stelvios. I have gotten more responses from Giulia drivers. Flashing headlights or waving.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I tend to wave, but it is hard to see a return wave. The few times that someone else has intiated a greeting has been via headlights. I find the paddles to be in the way of the stalk so by the time I get to flash it's too late. haha.

WRXs wave all the time. I'm used to literally every single one waving.
I have an STI and have noticed that for years with those drivers.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Finally have a positive story to report! I pulled up alongside a green Giulia Ti Sport, and we gave each other a thumbs up. Really do think it's about how SUVs are always soccer mom/people mover cars, even for niche & performance brands, while sedans are nowadays more for enthusiasts.
Agreed. After passing three Stelvios, I’m giving up. Besides, I think they’re all pissed off they couldn’t get Evoques.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
9,075 Posts
I'd be happy to let my wife do her car shopping on her own. She usually waits until the last minute, which limits her choices. She has mentioned the idea of getting a Jaguar, to which I have responded "go do it". But so far, no action. She seems happy with the Jeep Cherokee I ordered for her. Sometimes actually has to fight the kids for it. No one really wants to drive the Stelvio. It'll get some solid use in the fall before being returned in March.

Reactions: chasriff

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
9,075 Posts
I fly by them at excessive speed and hope they attempt to catch up. A chase is a race!
Best marketing for this car they could ever imagine
Should Alfa drivers let other Alfa drivers pass them?

·
Registered
767 Posts
LOL, not really. My point is the Stelvio and the Evoque are about the same price. It's an either or type of thing, but they're totally different vehicles.
In my comment, I never mentioned Wife. Also, I got a Stelvio loaner once and was floored by it’s ride and performance. Even my Giulia was a little jealous.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts