Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Giulia ti Sport / 2019 Misano Blue Giulia QV _CCB, Sparkos, CF Pkg.
6 Posts
I decided to take my qv on my vacation this summer and left the more sensible Veloce in the garage. I am way North in Sept Ils Quebec about a 1000 km from an Alfa dealer and just like my 2.0, the car has been brilliant with zero issues. Not expecting to see any Alfas up here when, surprise a Montreal green Stelvio Qv passed by me on hwy 138. I was so shocked that I just gave him an over exited childush wave as my window was close for my usual thumbs- up. My Giulias have taken many long road trips on some brilliant and and at times wful roads in Canadas North without issue.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
9,075 Posts
I decided to take my qv on my vacation this summer and left the more sensible Veloce in the garage. I am way North in Sept Ils Quebec about a 1000 km from an Alfa dealer and just like my 2.0, the car has been brilliant with zero issues. Not expecting to see any Alfas up here when, surprise a Montreal green Stelvio Qv passed by me on hwy 138. I was so shocked that I just gave him an over exited childush wave as my window was close for my usual thumbs- up. My Giulias have taken many long road trips on some brilliant and and at times wful roads in Canadas North without issue.
That is way north. Watch out for polar bears. 😛
Snow Polar bear White Carnivore Mammal

·
Registered
624 Posts
I flick the high-beams and usually 95% of the time no one ever responds, or the other person driving the Alfa (be it Stelvio or Giulia) has a dumbfounded look like "why is this weirdo flashing me his beams?" These people DON'T GET IT. The good thing is that I've met a couple of people who own Alfas that had no idea what the brand was beforehand, but they've fallen in love with it.

The only Alfa drivers who respond accordingly and enthusiastically are those driving older models (164, Spider Duetto, GTV6, etc.).

I get more salutes from Maserati drivers and have even gotten the old beam flick from two Ferrari drivers.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,350 Posts
I greet them by approaching them gingerly, and asking if there is something I can help them with, while they are obviously dead on the side of the road.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Sept-Illes looks cool. Does Quebec have the same terrifyingly threatening Fine Signs for speeding that Ontario does on the QEW (last I saw $10k for anything above 160kph?)?

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I greet them by approaching them gingerly, and asking if there is something I can help them with, while they are obviously dead on the side of the road.

Hopefully you always carry a spare H8 AGM battery just to be a good Alfa-Samaritan.

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Sept-Illes looks cool. Does Quebec have the same terrifyingly threatening Fine Signs for speeding that Ontario does on the QEW (last I saw $10k for anything above 160kph?)?
Check out Rene-Levasseur Island, northwest of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In my wife's Stelvio, I got a nice wave from a Giulia driver just the other day. In my 4C, I've even had motorcycles wave. I usually flash the lights back when folks notice another Alfa.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
window comes down, open hand out with the low wave alla motorcycle how you doin ;)
most Alfa owners don't reciprocate, but frankly the can be said for BMW, MERC etc even when you run into M or AMG cars.... I've notice the cool head nod acknowledgement with Porsche owners on occasion. I get more thumbs up for my Vette than the QV....LOL

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Our dogs probably don’t understand why there isn’t any sniffing.

Reactions: chasriff

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Q2 (Alfa White)
148 Posts
I have a long standing joke with the wife, going back to my owning a Lancer, that I would wave my keyfob at the other owner. I've never done it, but she teases me with "Hey an alfa, wave your fob!"

Typically when I see another alfa owner, we nod in acknowledgement. A few times we've had a chat about ownership. Once when driving from work a woman in a near identical alfa to mine smiled and waved.

Oddly, Stelvio owners don't acknowledge me...

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
“If you can see my fob, you’re too close.”

21 - 40 of 60 Posts