Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently poking around the car and noticed there was an update available. This may be a dumb question, but is it like an iPhone where I can just hit update and it will do it right then and there? Or do you need to go to the dealership to get it done? I didn't want to try and do it myself in case things went wrong or it ended up taking hours to complete.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You have to go to the dealership. Sometimes that's a quick thing, and sometimes, either because of dealership issues or Alfa (STAR) issue, that takes a few days. They had mine for six days for two updates, one of which was designed to address a stalling issue.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
The car does not warn you when an update is available, nor does it have the technical means to do so.

What you've seen is the menu item that allows you to check your current SW, map and user manual versions, and update them using a USB drive (only possible at a dealership at this point).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car does not warn you when an update is available, nor does it have the technical means to do so.

What you've seen is the menu item that allows you to check your current SW, map and user manual versions, and update them using a USB drive (only possible at a dealership at this point).

Oh ok. Thanks for the clarification!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts