Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean, the car is unreal...... it just begs to be driven hard......
I hope here in the North East tracks open soon otherwise I think I may end up in jail one of these days.......:frown2:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Ha.

Indeed.

We (wife and I) need to find a driving school here in central Florida to truly understand the potential of this beast.

It's just remarkable.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha.

Indeed.

We need to find a driving school here in central Florida to truly understand the potential of this beast.

It's just remarkable.

https://flc.pca.org

Give them a try, they have events at Sebring and Roebling Road......

·
Registered
647 Posts
I don't race or track but my long past includes being a military police officer. For a number of months that included night duty officer in Vietnam at the LBJ (Long Binh Jail), 400 very bad dudes. Trust me Doctor, I have zero problem staying out of jails! I use the cruise control religiously (thank God!) and spontaneously go to the paddles on I-90 East towards North Bend and Snoqualmie Pass in light traffic right after I see all the State Trooper cars (6-8 or so) parked at the Issaquah Starbucks near the on-ramp.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It is a beast everything about it - the sound, acceleration, stopping power beg to be driven hard. My son and I spent a day driving it a bit on the harder side on some rural roads. Funny thing is the next day we took it to run some errands and do some shopping and in normal mode not pushing hard its a really comfortable car. The QV has many different personalities. I got a 1/2 day at the track from the dealer with my purchase, waiting for some good weather to arrive in Chicago to take advantage of that.

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
I mean, the car is unreal...... it just begs to be driven hard......
I feel the same way.

I am constantly in awe of not only how fast the car is, but how it really does seem to encourage me to really get into it.

The last 2,000 rpm before the rev limiter are like a very addictive drug, and you just want hit after hit after hit.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Alfred Hitchkock's advice to young aspiring film makers, "Stay out of jail."

for you, young doctor.
maybe have it playing on the infotainment system if you get stopped

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL GTV, I am sure you will be playing it in your Stelvio QV......:grin2:

Today I was working on controlled slides, on a secluded empty parking lot of course.......

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Finally....

today was a nice enough morning so i went out for a quick drive with a friend of mine who has a 930.
after the tires were warmed up we did some short little runs on the 684 avoiding back roads as there are still trees/branches/debris all over the place.....
there is something about a 930 spitting flames out the exhaust that makes you smile:grin2:
anywho....after about 30 minutes..we trade cars....it's been 20 years at least since I drove a 930....
to ANYONE who bitches about lag....drive one of these...and there is no smooth transition regardless of how you ease the throttle...it is like an on off switch until you get going...and then you can modulate the power wonderfully.....
the 930 is about as close to automotive nirvana you can get....so analog..so brutal....and purpose-built...once you know how to drive it...it is very rewarding.....and you always have to keep in the back of your head the fact that this car can kill you if it wants and you are napping...lift throttle & understeer:grin2:
so the owner drove my QV in R mode, I was not concerned because...shiiit he has a widow maker....after 30 minutes in the QV we go for coffee...and he is going on and on about the QV...and I'm rattling about the 930...
these are truly special cars...and people don't "get it" unless they can drive one......
amazing how a nice ride can change your mood:grin2:

·
Registered
202 Posts
>>>> How do you control yourself in a Giulia?

Its very difficult. Every time I return from a drive and take the turn into our street I feel I got away with something and feel lucky to have not been busted.
It is so very enjoyable, intoxicating and as others have said it begs to be driven hard. Thats a tricky combination.
The only way I can keep myself in relative control is to put it in A mode + turn on NPR + ride with my younger son (he tells everyone he meets "you know how fast our car can go? XXX mph").
:)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love riding with my son, but I could never put the QV in A mode or tune to NPR....0:)
Although I wouldn’t mind hanging out with Professore and his friends!:wink2:

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,437 Posts
saltpeter.

·
Registered
334 Posts
It is addicting to drive it, and its a great feeling merging onto a highway knowing you can pass everything in front of you .....I've looked down a few times and seen the "110" number .....

·
Registered
383 Posts
It is addicting to drive it, and its a great feeling merging onto a highway knowing you can pass everything in front of you .....I've looked down a few times and seen the "110" number .....
And if the officer asks, 110 was in kilometers per hour :wink2:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've found that no stretch of highway is long enough anymore. I need to find an airport runway.

Reactions: ybba

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For the knowledgeable in the subject, is it illegal to do a controlled power slide out of a turn whether it is a stop sign or light?
The R mode makes it so easy to indulge.... and I bet the bystanders enjoy the sight..... hence my question.....0:)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Well, since we are at the mercy of what our paid law enforcement officers deem as "controlled" I don't really believe anyone can answer that with any kind of certainty.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts