Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must be having a bad day or something :surprise: I'm trying to sync the garage remote opener with the homelink remote that's integrated into the driver's sun visor. Are the instructions hidden somewhere? I looked through the owner's manual, but there's no mention of it.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
My Owner's package came with a separate mini manual highlighting the "Home Link".....

·
Registered
66 Posts
This video was perfect. My door opener now opens both garage doors

·
Registered
747 Posts
The first morning I thought I'd take my son to school in it, and forgot the remote for the gate, so I had to run in and get it. (Since it is not a rolling code gate opener,) I just put the remote real close to the buttons and clicked (both about the same time) and held both until the light status changed, (I think from blinking to solid). It worked thereafter....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I followed the YouTube video but does that mean I still have to use my existing handheld transmitter or at a minimium store it in my car? If that’s the case what’s the point in synchronizing.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I followed the YouTube video but does that mean I still have to use my existing handheld transmitter or at a minimium store it in my car? If that’s the case what’s the point in synchronizing.
After synchronizing you can then put the handheld transmitter away in the house, etc. The button on the visor now replaces the handheld opener and is all you need to open and close the garage door.

Reactions: jzchen

·
Registered
747 Posts
I think if it is making that recommendation it is just temporary while you verify you have programmed it properly. There are some rolling code type openers which require quite a "chicken dance" to program. Once you verify it is working then you can take the original one away.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the thread and the video - it inspired me to program my Giulia and it now works! :)

Reactions: jzchen
1 - 12 of 12 Posts