Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'Day Y'all,

Very rarely have I seen it happen where I configured a car online and it gave me the EXACT match to what I wanted.

Giulia TI Lusso, Montecarlo blue with every package... except that cargo one because.. Really now??

Delivered yesterday, so far I am orgasmic with it... in a driver sort of way.

The car itself still needed updates to get the Apple Carplay enabled so I scheduled one which oddly was a week later. Upon inquiring why a simple software update takes this long I was told this involves calibrating the sensors from scratch.

Other than that, I saw that during delivery the car was driven more than a few miles so the MPG was sitting at 28. Hence, I decided to intervene and put the car in D mode a few times on the commute to bring that down to a Giulia worthy 26.

I did not notice the lack of space in the glovebox and under the rest in the center console because as such during my first look and drive simply I was smitten with the car.

I am worried about the crema floor because this is Houston and it rains without warning so I do not want that interior getting a single spec on it.
Any ideas on good mats that wont make the car look like a Soccer Mom's hauler?

Cheers.. (I lived in Glasgow.. aye.. so theres a scot innere somwher)

Reactions: jwdm

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Sounds like you got almost exactly the same car I did, except mine didn't have the High Performance Bi Xenon light option. The Crema interior is just gorgeous. I got the Cilajet aviation treament for it which protects it. However, living in Idaho I have to deal with all sorts of weather. I got the black all-weather mats (Weather-Tech now makes a set) and they work great. Looks good too. I have the Weather-Tech trunk mat as well.

You didn't mention if you got the Q2 or Q4 model. I have the AWD Q4 with the Ti Performance package that has the limited-slip differential and adjustable suspension setting option. Not only is this car stunningly beautiful, it drives and handles as beautifully as it looks.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Welcome! You're in good company... I'm a Brit too. So long as you don't go Rab C Nesbitt on us think they'll be able to follow ;D

Let's see some pics when you get a chance! Glad you're enjoying her, it's a seriously great car!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome! You're in good company... I'm a Brit too. So long as you don't go Rab C Nesbitt on us think they'll be able to follow ;D

Let's see some pics when you get a chance! Glad you're enjoying her, it's a seriously great car!
Thank Yea,

Not a Brit tho, Born Texan, raised in the Third world, studied in Europe and now back where I belong.
Ill try to get some more pics out of the **** Iphone X (worst phone ever!!..and this is an Apple Loyalist speaking).

Attachments

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like you got almost exactly the same car I did, except mine didn't have the High Performance Bi Xenon light option. The Crema interior is just gorgeous. I got the Cilajet aviation treament for it which protects it. However, living in Idaho I have to deal with all sorts of weather. I got the black all-weather mats (Weather-Tech now makes a set) and they work great. Looks good too. I have the Weather-Tech trunk mat as well.

You didn't mention if you got the Q2 or Q4 model. I have the AWD Q4 with the Ti Performance package that has the limited-slip differential and adjustable suspension setting option. Not only is this car stunningly beautiful, it drives and handles as beautifully as it looks.

Welcome to the forum!
Its a Q2. I thought of the Q4 a lot but the idea of it guzzling a bit more gas(along with the added cost) versus the slight possibility of me being able to get this one to do a Donut if I coax it properly in the right conditions made me go for this. Ill find out in the long run how that choice goes but for the daily drive I have (15 miles both ways on generally highway quality roads) this car is a dream.

I dont want to do the black mats or anything that seems to create a "plasticky" feel to the car.
I remember having a chuckle when I asked regarding certain customization(this is a lease after all) from the dealer and being told "Alfa forbids us to do anything apart from their available configurations. But then, I remembered that Alfa is Italian and has strong connections with Ferrari; if you all remember the Ferrari Dead-Maus lawsuit(was it??) thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts