Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Excellent. I knew there was a reason why the release of the car was so highly anticipated. ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thing is I can build a "basic" C63 (non-S) for about 68K. Dealerships in the DC metro region are giving steep discounts on this and most Mercedes (like MSRP x .90%). I just don't see value on the QV - whereas the Ti matches very competitively with the C300 and 330i on price. My point is I'd really love to is AR offer a detuned version of the 2.9T (say around 420HP) for around 60K.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Fantastic!!

As far as pricing is concerned the car is very reasonably priced in its segment.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Thing is I can build a "basic" C63 (non-S) for about 68K. Dealerships in the DC metro region are giving steep discounts on this and most Mercedes (like MSRP x .90%). I just don't see value on the QV - whereas the Ti matches very competitively with the C300 and 330i on price. My point is I'd really love to is AR offer a detuned version of the 2.9T (say around 420HP) for around 60K.
I don't understand the AMG comparison. Just returned from the Philly Autoshow and a similarly equipped C63 (to a baseline QV) is $80k.

One of the things the journalist outlets do not mention is the level of baseline equipment and creature features of the QV. It has a ton of bang for the buck.

Equipping the cars similarly across the board, it becomes apparent that the QV is a serious value to the point that Alfa Romeo could be selling the cars for $10k more.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Sat in a C63 at the DC Autoshow as well as a few other cars. Now a days navigation screens are like permanent fixtures that were thought of after the fact and stick out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The C63 is the perfect car if you want something comfortable and to be able to roll on the throttle a bit excessively, listen to the AMG exhaust roar, and grin when merging onto the highway. If you enjoy s-turns, curvy roads, u-turns under the highway etc. C63 is not the car, it feels like you have a lightly loaded U-Haul attached to the rear around corners in comparison to the Giulia. There are other touches to the Giulia, the start/stop on the steering wheel, the Quadrifoglio verde emblem and telling the story to people at gas stations, the way the car is docile in Natural, the turns animal in race. Depends on what your looking for really. The value comes from the experience of driving it. From a straight dollar standpoint, I'd buy an M3 keep it for a couple years then catch one of the off lease QV's.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The way I look at it is these days there's so many vehicles in this segment to choose from that you can't go wrong regardless of what you get. They all fill most of our needs. Much like the brands of clothes you choose to buy over another, vehicles are similar to that especially when you get to this level. Now if we had budgets of $18k on a brand new vehicle then that would be a different story.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Funny thing the C63 AMG would be the only car I would consider besides the Giulia. It would of course be an "E" Variant however. Wouldn't consider the M3 or CTS-V, they are not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't understand the AMG comparison. Just returned from the Philly Autoshow and a similarly equipped C63 (to a baseline QV) is $80k.

One of the things the journalist outlets do not mention is the level of baseline equipment and creature features of the QV. It has a ton of bang for the buck.

Equipping the cars similarly across the board, it becomes apparent that the QV is a serious value to the point that Alfa Romeo could be selling the cars for $10k more.
The new Car & Driver actually shows the AMG C63 as tested at $94.8k so the Giulia coming in as tested at $79.2k is a screaming bargain.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Exactly. The MSRP is only going up for 2018+

Alfa Romeo is leaving a lot of $$$ on the table for the initial release

1 - 12 of 12 Posts